Love talk

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

Please read the author's note after reading the story. TQ :)


"Lee Byung Hun-ssi has taken over B1A4 company... He announced this morning at the press conference that the employees that were targeted for restructuring will be transferred there."
"I wasn't expecting him to take over another company and transfer the employees."
"Though the acquistion was sudden, I wonder if the employees at B1A4 comapny consent."
"The opposite could be said as well, couldn't it be?"
"Which is to say?"
"It is hard to believe that the employees who have been working for the Lee Corp until now will easily consent to the transfer. Could the commotion this time have all been a ruse to acquire B1A4 company?"

I turned off the TV and threw the remote control at the sofa.

"The commotion was all a ruse? Don't just say what you want..."

As usual, the commentators on TV were just saying whatever they wanted and riling me up.

*It makes no sense that people who are supposed to tell the public the truth to just make speculations. I didn't think they'd understand everything, but they don't have to oput such a bad spin on it!*

Knock knock.

"Ne?"

Somebody had knocked on the door, and when I turned to look, I saw Niel, looking a little surprised.

"Joesonghabnida, have I come at a busy time?"
"Ah... Aniyo, some people were just saying whatever they wanted about Byung Hun oppa on TV..."
"Oh, I see. Algessumnida."
"I thought that they didn't have to speak so badly about him, so I got a bit agitated."
"I sympathize. However, they are simply the words of people who know nothing. The press are happy as long as they can make an outcry, even in a such situation. Even if they understood the true situation, they probably wouldn't broadcast it. Therefore, I think that it's fine if the people involved understand what has happened. Certainly, rumours can affect the confidence of the company. I can't say that it'll be fine simply with that, but Byung Hun-ssi will do something about it."
"Majayo. I'll leave the difficult work to him."
"Ne, agassi. Please try not to let yourself feel down."
"Gomatda. Sorry for interrupting, you had something you needed, geuji?"
"I simply came to inform you that Byung Hun-ssi has returned."
"Byung Hun oppa? Arraseo, I'll go to the entrance right away."
"Please wait."

I stood up from the sofa to go greet Byung Hun, but Niel stopped me.

"Byung Hun-ssi asked me to request that you can't leave your room for a little while."
"Wae?"
"After he returned, samcheon also came."
"Samcheon did?"
"Ne. There was the marriage proposal yesterday, so Byung Hun-ssi suggests that you try to meet as little as possible."

*I don't really want to see samcheon anyway, so I'll do as Byung Hun oppa said.*

"Arasseo. Then could you tell me when samcheon leaves?"
"Algessumnida." He bowed his head respectfully and then left the room.

*I wonder what samcheon wants from me... I feel like he's been showing up more often lately.* Even though he never showed up when my father was at the estate.

*Now that I think about it, when I first met samcheon, omma also said something harsh.*

Flashback

"So Hyun ah, you can't get tricked by namja like that."
"By namja like that... That's appaui dongsaeng, geuji? I think it was...samcheon?"
"Ne, he flatters people on the surface but you can't tell what he's thinking inside. Even though he doesn't have the ability to carve out his own fortune, his greed is as deep as a bottomless swamp. He showed his true face when geu namja took over didn't he?"

End of flashback

I'd forgotten those words until now. I felt suspicious now that he might be planning something by coming to the estate even though he had no business here.

*It'd be nice if it were nothing, but...*

Knock knock

"Ne?"
"Niel ibnida."
"Come in."
"I apologize for the intrusion. Byung Hun-ssi asked me to request that you come to his room."
"Has samcheon left?"
"Ne, he left a little earlier."

*Since it wasn't that long, does it mean it wasn't anything important?*

"Geureom...na halge. Thanks for telling me."

He smiled at my words as he saw me off.


When I went into Byung Hun's room, he was sitting on the sofa, looking completely worn out.

"Was talking to samcheon that tiring?"
"I'm more fed up than tired."

He pointed at the table with his chin. When I looked over, I saw a large envelope on it.

"Igeo mwoheyo?"
"Look inside."
"Is it okay for me to look?"
"It's not really anything I have to hide."

With his approval, I looked inside the envelope. There was a photo of a woman in formal wear.

*Is this a photo for a marriage interview?*

"Seems like this time he looked at a partner for me. I hear she's the daughter of a doctor."
"Why is samcheon so desperately looking for people for us to marry?"
"Who knows? But at least it seems like it's not just for us."
"What do you mean?"
"He seems to be strangely friendly with the parents of the people he's picked out for us."
"Can't it just be that his chingu asked him to introduce their aedeul?"
"He's not namja who should do something for no personal gain. He's always been like this. If he marries us off, there'll be some merit to it for him, so he's frantically encouraging it, so you should be careful too. You can't trust him."
"You too."
"I've cleaned up the mess with restructuring, so there's nothing to worry about. If the assault on you was related to restructuring, then that should be over with the acquisition. I think that Jin Young-ssi probably allowed B1A4 to be taken over because he was worried about you too. I met B1A4's sajangnim and employees today. Lee Corp's takeover... Many people are transferring... Geu namja has already finished explaining everything to the employees."
"Jin Young oppa did...?"
"Ne. I was surprised since he's unexpectedly well-liked by the employees."
"It's because Jin Young oppa is so cheerful and friendly with everyone."

Jin Young had a big ego, but I knew that above that he was somebody who thought a lot about other people.

"Neo napeunneo."
"What do you mean by nappeunneo? Did I do something?"
"Ne. You do things like that unconsciously and infatuate namja, geuji?"
"Geugeo anie... Eek! 
Wait, this is embarassing..."
"I knew you'd be embarrassed. That's why I'm doing it. I'll definitely make you happy."

He suddenly pulled me into his arms and sat me on his lap. Then, he hugged me tightly and rested his head on my shoulder. His hair tickled the nape of my neck, and I twisted around.

"You're really a terrifying yeoja. In order to protect you, Jin Young-ssi went as far as to hand over his company. If you hadn't been assaulted, he definitely wouldn't have thought of letting go of his company. You hold that much influence over men. You're really terrifying."
"Geugeo aniya."
"But it is. Geu namja actually handed over his comapny for you."
"But it might also have been thinking about you."
"Him? About me? That wouldn't appen even if hell froze over. It's because you were between us that he handed over the company. Just because of you..."
"Though if you're talking about being under somebody's charm, it's mutual."
"Mutual?"
"I've fallen under your charm too."

He then brought his lips to mine.

*No matter how many times we kiss, it's still embarrassing and I can't get used to it...*

"I'll always be here for you."
"Always?"
"Ne, always."

"Aah!"

I was suddenly in the air, so I wrapped my arms around his neck. He carried me like that to the bed and pushed me down, so all I could see was him with a serious expression on his face.

"Haengbokhaja. Let's make a happy family."
"Ne!"
"Before I told you my feelings, even though we aren't related by blood, it was still painful for me to love you, since you're my dongsaeng, but now I can say this confidently. I'm happy that I fell in love with you, So Hyun ah..."
"Nado..."
"Gomawo."


Author's note

Another chapter with no preview today. I think I'm gonna have double/triple or more updates today, since I have around 6 chapters to end the story. Well, is anyone still remember the poll I posted in chapter 15? I hope you've already voted for it. If you're not I'll post it here again or you can go to the author's note in chapter 15 to vote. Well I'm telling you this because the deadline is in 3 days time, so better be fast! TQ.