Warning.

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

*There are a lot of people, just as expected...* I looked around the party hall.

It was full of presidents of companies that did business with the Lee Corp, along with the presidents' children. There were also reporters from the press that were allowed in.

*It's the inauguration of the Lee Corp CEO that had been causing such a stir up until now... Niel oppa did say that the inauguration party would be broadcast live.* Maybe for that reason, cameras were at the ready everywhere in the hall.
*To put it another way, the inauguration party this time has caught everyone's attention. Though it'd be nice if it was just because of Byung Hun oppa's auspicious inauguration as CEO.* When I thought about what was going to happen, I just couldn't act happy.

What Byung Hun was annnouncing at today's party attracted attention in two ways. One was the auspicious story of his inauguration as CEO. Then, the other was...

"Yeoreobun, I apologize for the long wait. Thank you for taking time in your busy schedule to come here today." Byung Hun's voice was coming out of the speaker, making everyone in the hall quiet.
"First, I would like to apologize for the hour-long delay before the opening. Joesonghabnida." He deeply bowed his head.

The press were listening with serious expressions, so that they would see Byung Hun's every word and action.


"Today, Lee Jun Sung-ssi will be leaving from Lee Corp, and as his replacement... Nan... Lee Byung Hun, will be inheriting everything. Though I've caused a disturbance to the public up until recently... From now on, I'll work as hard as I can for the Lee Corp. And now, there is one more thing that I need to announce to everyone today." After Byung Hun finished his speech, the hall broke out into applause.
*Byung Hun oppa,, hwaiting...*
"Though this decision is not yet written in stone... For the future of the Lee, I'll be carrying out a curtailment of old departments."

In one moment, the applause stopped, and the air in the hall felt like it had frozen over. Then, the first to act were the reporters.
"Would that be corporate restructing?"
"If you were to summarize it, then it could be called restructuring."
"What scale will you be doing this on?"
"As there are many portions to this that are still unsettled, I can't speak clearly about the details."
"Does abuji know about this?"
"I have discussed the matter with appa. However, as I'm the current CEO, he has entrusted everything to me."
"Has the matter from the other day had a lasting effect as expected?"
"That matter is unrelated to the matter at hand. Therefore, let me refrain from commenting juseyo."

The reporters pressed Byung Hun, throwing questions at him one after another. However, he didn't look displeased and answered the reporters' questions politely.


"Wow, micheoseo..." While I looked up at Byung Hun, who was surrounded by reporters, Jin Young called up to me.
"So you really came too, Jin Young oppa."
"What's 'jinjja' supposed to mean? You're pretty awful at times, So Hyun."
"Mi-mianhaeyo. That's not what I meant. I was just wondering if you didn't come because I didn't spot you."
"Well, I'm the son of a company that does business with the Lee, right? Appa is over there too."
"I see..."
"The people in the companies that do business with the Lee look like they can't hide their shock either, since they might be thrown into the fire too."

Though it hadn't been discussed yet... If the restructuring wasn't enough to put the Lee Corp back on its feet, there was the possibility some clients might be shaved off too.

"At any rate, he's an idiot too. He didn't say anything at the inauguration party. Doesn't he get that he'll look bad?"
"Byung Hun oppa was aware of all of that when he decided to make the announcement."
"Byung Hun oppa, huh?" Jin Young muttered that with a touch of self-derision and looked at Byung Hun, who was still surrounded by reporters.
"The truth is, nan, omma, and appa tried to stop him. We told him that today he should just announce his inauguration as CEO and set up another meeting later."
"But he wouldn't accept that so things turned into this mess, then?"
"Ne. He said that he couldn't protect only himself when he was going to disrupt so many people's lives..."
"That's naive! That's so naive even I know it."


"Is that behaviour appropriate for somebody at the top of a business? You can't just be nice in business. You need to be ruthlrss enough to cut people down."
"That's why Byung Hun oppa..."
"In the end, I can only see him as trying to protect himself too."
"Don't say it like that!"
"If he's going to be the villian, he should say it more clearly. Something like, 'The Lee Corp now can't allow for useless employees.' If he's that resolute about it, even if there's an uproar, there might be people who'd be on his side. Then how about you?"
"Eh?"
"Are you going to live with him and get dragged into mess together?"
"I-it jeongmal... Might be unreasonable, since I could be dragged into the uproar... B-but..."|
"If he's going to trouble you, just stop being with him right now."
"Eh?"
"I can tell you you're going to get hurt."
"Jin Young oppa..."
"I'm worried about you. When I think that you might get hurt again..."
"Oppa, thank you for worrying about me."
"So Hyun ah."
"You always stay with me when things are tough or painful."
"Then wae...?" Jin Young bit his lips and stopped himself from finishing his sentence.
"Aniyo, it's nothing."
"You know, this is limited to what I can do, but if you're really troubled and don't know what to do, rely on me."
"Oppa?"


Jin Young didn't look like he usually did. He was serious. When I looked at his expression, I couldn't immediately think of what to say.
"Even if he can't, I might be able to protect you."
"Oppa, what are you..."
"Even so, you're really going to get into some trouble."
"Eh?"
"That guy has been looking at me since a little bit earlier."
"Eh, you're kidding!"
"Really. Since he's in front of the camera, he's just looking though. In his heart, he definitely wants to knock me down right away."
*Now that I think about it, I'd completely forgotten and spoken casually to Jin Young oppa, but I'd had that promise with Byung Hun oppa.*

♦Flashback♦

"At the party, you're not allowed to look at any man but me. Ne, and you're not allowed to speak either."

♦Finish flashback♦

*Oh no, something that only Byung Hun oppa will find fun is waiting for me after the party...*
"But seriously speaking, jinjja gwaenchana?"
"Eh? What do you mean by gwaenchana...?"
"Small-scale or large-scale, restructuring is restructuring. There'll definitely be some people who resent him, you know?"
"Ne, nan arra."
"Ani, you don't."
"Byung Hun oppa said he would take all the resentment."
"Aniya."
"Eh?"
"I'm saying that that resentment might be aimed at you. That's why he's naive. He didn't think that far and made the announcement like this. Even though they would have been a lower chance of you getting hurt if he had held another meeting."
*Is he saying I might be targeted?*
"But anybody would be able to find out right away that I was a part of the Lee family if they looked into it, right?"
"That maybe so. Well, that's really just my guess, so hopefully nothing will..."

Bang!

Interrupting Jin Young's words, something broke through the window and was going towards Byung Hun.
"Aah!" After a woman screamed, Byung Hun crouched down right there.


Preview

"Byung Hun oppa!"
"Y-yah! Wait! Kajima!"
"Jin Young oppa! Let go of my hand!"
"You'll be in danger too if you stay here. If he was targeted, there's a high possibility that you'll be targeted too, okay?"
*Byung Hun oppa... Does the reason he was targeted really have to do with restructuring then...?*


Author's notes

Well, it already 2.30a.m. here right now... And of course, I'll update a few chapters in these 4 days. Gidaeyo! :D

Waiting to watch A Song For You, everybody see you soon! :)