That sly uncle [Part 2]

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

After I was taken to the villa, I was confined to the room at the very back. I heard that this place was used by Lee family as a villa before. There was a cliff outside the window, so it would be difficult for me to run away. The safer way would be go out the door, but would have to go through the long corridor.

*It wouldn't be impossible to escape, but there's the chance that I'd die if I lost my footing. Samcheon took me to this room because he knew I wouldn't be able to get out. He's probably very familiar with this place.*

"Oh, you haven't eaten yet. Don't you have any appetite?"

I ignored him as he came in and just glared at him.

"Wouldn't you look at me with such a frightening expression?" He spoke freely without even the slightest hesitation.

*How can he be so unconcerned when he stabbed Niel-ssi?*

"What do you plan to do with us?"
"I don't have any plans in particular. I simply want Byung Hun to accept my demands."
"Your demands... You couldn't mean..."
"Ne, I'll demand that he hand over the Lee Corp to me."
"There's no way oppa would agree that! Plus appa would never allow it!"
"The previous head couldn't possibly go against the words of the current one, and you're here in order to ensure my terms are accepted. It appears that you're important to Byung Hun. The more important you're to him, the more of a weaness it becomes for him."
"Jegayo?"

I finally understood why uncle had targeted me. He targeted me so he could use me as a tool to make Byung Hun listen to what he had to say.

*I'm making things worse for oppa...*

At that time, I heard the sound of an engine from outside the villa.

"Oh! It appears that he has arrived."

*Oppa...*

"So Hyun ah, neo eodiya?"
"She's here." Uncle replied to Byung Hun, who was outside.
"You haven't done anything to her, geuji? If you've hurt her..."
"Geokjeongmalseyo. She's fine."

Different from Byung Hun, who sounded like he was trying to control his anger, uncle was so calm and it was irritating.

"You arrived rather late."
"I came after taking Niel-ssi to the hospital."
"Oh, so that butler is still alive? He has the luck of the devil."
"Niel-ssi is alive...?"
"Ne. He lost a lot of blood, but it seems like it isn't life-threatening."
"That's unfortunate. Well, that doesn't matter. More importantly, did you bring what I asked? There was a memo in your room, wasn't it?"
"Are you talking about the memp that said to bring eveything that could be proof against you if I wanted to save So Hyun?"
"Ne, you're clever. Which would mean you've brought what I asked for your precious So Hyun, geujwo?"
"What if I say I didn't?"
"You were frantic enough to forget to bring your guards, so you brought it, geujwo?"

After hearing uncle's words, Byung Hun took a USB stick out of his pocket with a sigh.

"There's no point in destroying this. It was already decided at the board meeting to take you out of the vice-president position. There's nowhere for you to run."
"I won't run, and there's also no problem at all even if I'm taken out of the vice-president seat."
"Heol. Mwoh?"
"I don't want to be the vice-president. What I want is the position at the top of the Lee Corp that you're currently holding. Would you sign this document for me? To say that all of the fraud was your doing and you'll hand over the Lee Corp to me!" Uncle took a gun out from his suit and pointed it at Byung Hun.
"Don't make me laugh. I can see what would happen if I handed over the Lee Corp to someone like you!"
"Stop talking back and sign! Or should I kill her?" Uncle grabbed my hair and turned the gun from Byung Hun to my head.
"So Hyun ah!"
"Don't move! If you come near me, I'll kill her."

Byung Hun bit his lip as he glared at uncle.

*Ottoke? At this rate...*

"Ottokaji? You can choose not to sign if you're gonna abandon her."
"Algesseoyo. I'll sign."
"Andwae! If you leave the corp to him..."
"Shut up!" Uncle hit my head with the gun, and it felt like I was going to lose consciousness.
"If you hurt her anymore, I won't sign."
"Arasseo. Ppali and sign then!"

*Andwae! You can't sign that document!*

Byung Hun put the pen to the paper with a pain expression.

"With this, the Lee Corp will be mine. Hahahahahah..."

After Byung Hun signed the document, uncle was shaking with delight. There was a chance I could get away now.

*I'll stomp on his foot as hard as I can. Samcheon isn't paying attention to me, so if I'm gonna do it, I have to do it now.*

Luckily, I was wearing shoes with high heels today. If I put all my weight into it, it should hurt a lot. While I hoped that everything would go well, I stomped on uncle's foot as hard as I could. After I stomped on him with all my strength, he pushed me away and rubbed frantically at his foot.

"So Hyun ah, run!" Byung Hun grabbed my hand as he spoke.
"But the document..."

Byung Hun had signed the document. Even if we ran now, as long as uncle submitted that document, it would be accepted.

"You don't have to worry about that now..."
"This is the company that appa entrusted you with! You have to be at the top of it!"
"Ne, it's the comapny I received from appa. I need to take responsibility and lead it."
"As if I'd let you leave!"

Bang!

There was the sound of a gunshot. The bullet passed by us and pierced the door. It went into the corridor wall.

"As if I'd let you go after coming all the way here... The Lee Corp is almost mine. As if I'd give up now!" As uncle muttered to himself, his breathing started to get more unsteady.

*Ottokajwo? How should we get away?* I racked my brains for a method, but I couldn't think of a good plan in all the chaos.

"If I killed you in front of Byung Hun, he would know that I'm serious. I can kill anyone if it'll get the Lee Corp into my hands!"
"So Hyun ah!"
"Aaaaaaahhhhh!"

"Ugh..."
"Oppa?"

I think I was pushed away at the same time as the souund of the gunshot. When I opened my eyes, which had shut from the terror, I saw Byung Hun clutching at his stomach.

"Oppa! Op..."

A red stain was spreading on the carpet.

"You protected me... Andwae!"
"Calm down, nan..."

Even though he always said he was fine so that I wouldn't worry. Today, he wouldn't say those words.

"Mianhae."
"Why are you apologizing?"
"In the worst case scenario, lead the Lee Corp for me."
"Wait, andwae... Don't say that."
"I promised I wouldn't make you cry, but in the end, I did. I'm sory I couldn't make you happy."

After Byung Hun touched my cheek with a smile, he rushed to uncle.

"Mwoh...mwohhaneungeoya? Don't come near me!"
"If I let you live, you'll only be an evil influence on the Lee Corp and on So Hyun. That's why you'll be dying with me!"

Byung Hun charged at uncle so they both hit the window. The glass broke from the impact and they fell out.

"Andwaeeeeeeeee!"


Author's note

It's coming to the end. Who's going to be alive and who's going to die? Will Byung Hun get his company back from his uncle? Will uncle gets punishment after did so many bad actions More importantly, what'll the ending be? Check it out! [In the next chapter of course.]

Another hangover heheheh. [Sorry!] This time I don't think I'll let you guys vote for the ending like ver 1 before, so I'll be choosing by my own. I'll see you guys tomorrow for the last time maybe. If you guys want me to write ver 3, please do vote the poll which is at chapter 15 and chapter 22! Please remind that the poll will be end tomorrow, when the last chapter is published. Annyeong :)