That sly uncle [Part 1]

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

*The board meeting will probably be done soon, geuji?*

I looked at the clock in my room, and its hands were pointing at twelve. The light in Byung Hun's room was on until late last night, so he shouldn't have slept much at all.

*I wonder if Byung Hun oppa is doing okay... I was worried about today too, so I couldn't sleep much either.*

I heard that on the board, there were people who supports my uncle more than Byung Hun, who was young. I wasn't sure how things would go those people heard about uncle's fraud.

*Oh? A call from oppa? He almost never calls from the company, so I wonder if something happened.* It was rare for him to call when he was still at the company.

"Yeobosaeyo?"
"So Hyun ah, that sly samcheon didn't come by, geuji?"
"Samcheon? Ani, geureonde waeyo?"
"He said he would come to the company after noon, but he's still not here."
"He's not in the company?"
"Ne. My calls aren't going through either, and when I called his home, I was told that he left fairly early. That's why I thought he might be at the estate..."
"Thanks for worrying about me, but he's not here."
"I see, geureom gwaenchanayo. I said this to Niel-ssi too, don't meet him."
"Arasseo."
"It feels ominous since I don't know what's gonna happen next. Just like halmeoni said, you can't figure out what somebody is gonna do when driven into a corner."
"Josimhae..."
"Gwaenchanayo. Even he wouldn't do anything when surrounded by people from the company."
"But somebody who's been so cornered... The rule applies here, geujwo?"
"Majayo. Then I'll be heading back to the boardroom now."
"Is the board meetingstill going on?"
"I've finished explaining almost everything, but we can't go any further if geu namja himself doesn't show up."
"I see, hwaiting."

"Yah, after things have cleared up, want to get away somewhere?"
"By the way, do you mean a vacation?"
"I want to say that we could go on a world tour like appa, but anywhere overseas is out of question with the company. We could relax on vacation as a diversion from everything that's happened."
"Ne! I'm looking forward to it."
"I'll call you when I'm heading back."
"Ne, annyeong."

I was about to hang up and looked casually at the glass in the window, when...

*Geu saram wae wasseo?*

Standing behind me was the person that Byung Hun was searching for: samcheon himself.

"So the two of you are contriving ro drive me out and them heedlessly head on a vacation by yourselves? How enviable."
"That voice!"
"Ah!"

Uncle took my cell phone and called Byung Hun again.

"Yeobosaeyo, Byung Hun ah. So Hyun looks puzzled as to why I am here. Once I said your name to one of the young men, he told me he would call you out right away. Relying on loyalty is splendid, but that is simply too idiotic for guarding someone."
"And Niel-ssi?"

*Why is samcheon here anyways? The guards and Niel-ssi shouldn've been here too...*

No matter how many times he said Byung Hun's name to Niel, he wouldn't have believed easily.

"Ah, that impertinent butler? I never liked him very much."

He suddenly turned around to face me, and I could then see the bloody knife in his hand.

*Seolma...* An awful thought occured to me.

"What did you do to Niel-ssi?"
"It appears that you're a little slow on the uptake. Don't you understand from seeing this?" He smiled as he said that, showing me the glittering knife.

"Yah, So Hyun ah! What happened! Say something!" I could hear Byung Hun's voice from the phone, but I couldn't reply.
"Did you stab Niel-ssi?" I asked uncle.
"Niel-ssi was stabbed?"
"The person you employed stabbed Jin Young... He almost died! But still, this time you went as far as Niel-ssi... Do you want to fill your own pockets so much that you'll hurt other people?"
"You siblings said the exact same things as your appa. It's irritating!"
"So Hyun ah! Don't provoke him! Run!"
"Especially you! You're not even related to your appa by blood, and you're the daughter of geu yeoja who married for money. But you still asked whether I want to fill my own pockets so much that I would hurt other people... It's natural, isn't it? After all, they're strangers. WHat's wrong with kicking them down? There's only a seat to sit in. What's wrong with stealing it for myself?"
"I can't understand that."
"That would be the case. After all, your standing is different from mine. You stand against everything that I've chosen. Just as you can't understand me, I can't understand your hypocrisy either."
"So? What do you plan to do to me? Whatever you do to me, you're already finished. Oppa, at the board meeting..." I didn't plan to show any weakness to somebody like this.

*Even though I'm so scared I want to sit down right now...*

"I wonder about that."

Even though he should've been in an overwhelmingly disadvantageous position, I felt like uncle was very relaxed.

*Mwoh? Does he still have something up his sleeve?*

"As long as you're here, I still have a chance to crawl my way up. I can take the Lee COrp and do away with you and that impertinent Byung Hun at the same time. Don't you think this is more wonderful? I hated him just as much as I hated your appa when I was a child! Those condescending eyes are just like his appa's!" He yelled like he was enraged and kicked violently at the table.

*He seems sort of pitful. He felt too inferior, so it isn't unexpected that he grew to hate appa and oppa...*

Uncle couldn't have had much self-confidence. Actually, it was the opposite. Father and Byung Hun had everything that he didn't, which are talent, status, everything that he couldn't get into his own hands.

"Well, would you come with me?" He held out a hand towards me.
"Andwae! Don't touch me!"

Smack!

At the same time as that sound, pain rushed through my cheek.

"It would be better for you not to offend me. I might stab you like I did to that butler. Come on, ppali!"

*Niel-ssi...*

"So Hyun ah! Yah, where are you planning on taking her?"
"You'll understand if you return to the estate. You don't need to be so wary. I don't plan to do everthing to her further currently. I just wish to take her somewhere nobody will interupt so we can talk at length."

That was all uncle before he hung up and threw the phone at the sofa. He yanked at my arm, and my face twisted with pain.

*It hurts. What's going to happen to us?*

Why did it feel like we were just bbeing played around with by God?

"Ppali and get on!"
"Aah!"

I was pushed into a ca's back seat and felt uneasy about what is going to come.

*Niel-ssi!*

When the car passed by the entrance, I saw Niel passed out in his tailcoat.

"So Hyun ah, you'll come with me to the villa."
"The villa?"
"Ne, as it's in the mountains and nobody will interupt us there."
"You're mad. There's no way people won't notice that you did this..."
"It appears that you still don't understand high society well. As long as you have power, you can hush up anything. As long as you have the power called money."

*Oppa...*

His laughter rang through the car as I shook with fear.


Preview

"You're here in order to ensure my terms are accepted. It appars that you're important to Byung Hun. The more important you're to him, the more of a weakness it becomes for him."
"Jegayo?"

*I'm making things worse for oppa...*

"Now, sign! With this, the Lee Corp will be mine! Hahahahah..."

*Oppa and the company we received from appa... I have to protect them!*


Author's note

ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~ NIEL AHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~ TT-TT Hmph! Nan niga shirheo, you sly samcheon! Hmph hmph hmph! [Sorry! I know it's too dramatic already... heheh.] I'm sorry, angels! I'm really really sorry! I didn't mean to seriously! :((( Let's hope that the uncle won't kill So Hyun tomorrow so she'll be alright... Since human's life is important, right?

Late update for you guys! I was working on my other fanfic this morning, celebrate grandma's birthday in the evening and had too much fun with my cousins just now heheh. It's nice to meet them after 6-7 years anyways :) I'll try to update as soon as possible tomorrow, since I'll have an AirAsia flight back to my home tomorrow morning and of course, IT'S MBC GAYO DAEJUN TOMORROW!!! Hope everyone can pray for QZ8501 and me to have a safe flight back tomorrow. Well lastly, good night, readers! I'll see you again :D

p/s: 2 chapters left :( So remember to vote the poll ya! It's at chapter 15 and chapter 22 :)