Target [Part 2]

The Unforgivable Couple Series: Forbidden Love 2

"Welcome back, I heard that there was an incident on your way to work."

After I finished my work at the flower shop, I returned to the estate to be greeted by Niel.

"Ne, I ran into the person samcheon suggested for a marriage interview."
"Do you know his name?"
"I think he said it was Son Dong Woon..."
"Then there is no mistaking it. That is the person whom samcheon mention before. I believe that he is about three years older than you."

*Oh, so Niel-ssi remembered his name. He was older than me... I thought he was chatty, but even though Jin Young oppa was chatty too, they're completely different types of they're completely different types of people. I don't know how he was with other people, but he was nice to me. He looked like somebody he doesn't know anything about the world and couldn't think of something not going his way. But I said that the marriage interview was a mistake and refused him. He won't say anything more, geuji?*

Jin Young was the rich boy type too, but he was considerate of other people. On the other hand, Dong Woon was the rich boy in a bad sense.

"So Hyun-ssi."
"Ah, joesonghaeyo. I just spaced out for a moment."
"Aniyo, geokjeongmalseyo. I would like to inform the other guards of the incident that occured today. Would you allow me to leave your side for a short period of time?"
"Ah, gwaenchanayo. Thanks for coming with me today."
"It's my job."
"But it was still reassuring to have you there with me, geureom jeongmal kamsahaeyo."
"Please excuse me." Bo Ra looked surprised, and then left, smiling gently, to find the other guards.


"Agassi, Byung Hun-ssi informed me by telephone that your marriage interview hasn't been cancelled."
"Arasseo. That's what Dong Woon-ssi appeared to think."
"I heard that Byung Hun-ssi asked samcheon to refuse the marriage interview."

*Which means that samcheon didn't actually refuse it...*

"How about oppa's?"
"Byung Hun-ssi's?"
"Samcheon brought a proposal for a marrriage interview to him too."
"Ah, algessumnida. It appears that his marriage interview hasn't been cancelled either."

*I thought samcheon might have just forgotten to refuse mine, but if oppa hasn't been cancelled either, samcheon probably didn't plan to refuse them.*

"Please don't concern yourself. The situation will be resolved. Byung Hun-ssi that he would speak clearly to the parents of both of your potential marriage partners in order to refuse."
"I see. I'm relieved."
"Ne. There'll be nothing to concern yourself over if you leave the situation to him."

"What are you doing in a place like this?"
"Ah, Byung Hun oppa."
"Welcome back."
"So Hyun ah, I formally refused the engagement, geokjeongmalseyo."
"Gomawo. Did they say anything?"
"At first they had a lot to complain about, but I persisted until they understood I was refusing."
"How about yours?"
"It's the same for me. They said that they hadn't heard that from samcheon. However, obviously they wouldn't have to listen to samcheon if the actual person in question was refusing." He sighed, sounding worn out.
"What could samcheon be thinking?"
"He's probably not thinking about anything but himself. That's the sort of person he is."
"Yah, remember not to forget what halmeoni said."
"What halmeoni said?"
"She said that people were capable of anything regardless of how it'd make them look, even to the point of becoming like animals."
"Ah, now that you remind me, she did say that. What's this all od a sudden though?"
"Mollayo, but halmeoni's words just came to my mind."
"You're really worry a lot. Well, it' not unreasonable with everything that's been happening lately."
"Oppa, listen to me seriously."
"I am, but if you're saying that people are capable of anything, it's the same for me too. If it was to protect you, I would do anything, regardless of how it'd make me look."

"Pardon me, but I think it's wonderful that you're on good terms, but please choose a time and place." Niel cleared his throat, sounding uncomfortable.
"Ne..."
"We'll be careful from now on."


*Byung Hun oppa isn't match for halmeoni, but Niel-ssi either.*

Clatter.

I turned around after hearing a sound, but there was nobody in the long corridor.

*Museowo. Was a windown left open? I'll get back to my room quickly.*

Just as I thought that and turned back around...

"Don't move."

I felt something cold on my back.

*Is this...a knife...?*

"Don't make a sound, or else I'll kill you."

*Even if he tells me not to make a sound, I'm actually too afraid to...*

My legs were shaking. It took all my effort to keep standing.

*Byung Hun oppa, save me...* I closed my eys tightly and called Byung Hun's name in my heart.

"Oh, you've given up and stopped resisting already? A clever yeoja."

*There's no way I'd give up. Oppa said that he would protect me, so I could never give up. Even if I'm kidnapped, I won't give in!*

I couldn't move from fear, but I called Byung Hun's name again and again in my heart.

"I put out gas where the guards were stationed, so nobody will be coming to save you."

*But oppa will still come. He will...*

"So Hyun ah? You bastard! What are you doing to her?"
"I should've gotten out right away."

"Aah!"

The man pushed me to the side and tried to run in the opposite direction of Byung Hun to flee, but before he knew it, the guards had blocked off the path of retreat.

"You can't have thought you would have been able to break into an estate completely guarded by security. Is your employer in that much of a hurry?"
"Get out of the way!"

Maybe he had compared the guards and Byung Hun and thought Byung Hun might have let him pass, but he broke out into a run towards Byung Hun. However, he was surrounded by several guards and was caught before long.

"So Hyun ah, go back to your room."
"How about you? What are you going to do?"
"I have something to ask geu namja. Bring him to the living room."
"So Hyun-ssi, please head here..."
"Oppa, josimhae..."
"I will."


*It's been more than two hours, but I wonder if things are going to be okay?*

"So Hyun-ssi, would it not be better for you to rest soon?"
"Gwaenchana. Plus, I'm so worked up so I don't think I could sleep."
"I see."

"So Hyun ah, I'm coming in."
"Oppa!"

I hurriedly opened the door. Byung Hun, Niel and two guards were standing outside my room.

"Oppa, what did you do with geu namja...?"
"We handed him over to the police. They'll deal with him."
"Did you speak with him?"
"That's what I came to tell you. I'll say it from the conclusion." He who looked a bit tired, sat down on the sofa.
"Ne."
"He was the namja who assaulted you at the villa and injured Jin Young-ssi. He also said this clearly. He was hired by samcheon."
"By samcheon?"
"He probably thought that I had found out his plan when I went to refuse the engagement directly, so he quickly made his move, but that backfired on him. I thought that the fraud happening in the company was samcheon's doing, but I didn't have any proof, so I asked geu namja."
"But I don't think he'd just betray his own employer."
"Seems like geu namja didn't feel any loyalty towards his employer. After finishing this work, he got some strong proof against samcheon. This has everything samcheon has done on it, like his contract with geu namja. If I show this at the board meeting, then contary to samcheon's plans, he'll be the oe who loses his standing. I plan to go to the board meeting first thing in the morning and show this there. You absolutely can't leave the estate. It's a dangerous gamble. Common sense would fall flat." As he said that, he showed me a USB stick.
"Ne."
"I need to prepare for tomorrow, so I'm heading back to my room. You should get to sleep too."
"Hwaiting."
"I will." He smiled fearlessly as he left the room.

*Everything's gonna be decided tomorrow...*


Preview

"So Hyun ah? The sly samcheon didn't come by, geuji?"
"Samcheon? Ani, he didn't come, geunde waeyo?"
"I said this to Niel-ssi too, but don't meet him."
"Arasseo."
"Yah, after things have cleared up, want to get away somewhere?"
"Ne! I'm looking forward to it. Annyeong." I was about to hung up and looked casually out the window, when...

*Why is geu saram here? The guards and Niel-ssi should've been here too...*


Author's note

The really last update of the day. I'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon. Jaljayo yeoreobun! :D