Chapter 3 - Double date

Supernatural Partner

Chapter 3 - Double date

It has been 20 minutes since they arrived at the mall. Yuko and Yuki are still glaring into each other as if they want to burn a hole into each other’s faces. Takamina, being frustrated with their behavior came up with a solution to this. “I have an idea. Why don’t we split into two groups? Me and Acchan will go with Rena and Jurina. While Yuki, Mayu, Kojiharu and Yuko will hang out together. This way, it will be easier to get to know each other better and makes it easier to solve any misunderstanding. What do you think?”

“I think you’re crazy, Takamina-san. There’s no way I’m going to hang out with this blood creature.” Yuko retorted.

“Of course she’s crazy. How do you think she became a surgeon in such a young age?” Rena said.

“Look. I have no idea what happened between the werewolves and vampires in the past, but that’s history. You guys really need to get out of this zone.” Takamina convinced.

“Takamina’s right, Yuko. Who knows? Maybe both of you will end up as good friend after this.” Kojiharu said.

“Exactly. Think of this as a double date. Ok?” Takamina said.

“D-Date? N-No. M-Me and Yuki are not d-dating! D-Don’t misunderstand!” Mayu said while her face blushed red. Yuki giggled at Mayu’s tomato colored face.

“Ah. So we’re going on a date, Rena-chan!” Jurina grabbed Rena’s arm excitedly.

“So we’ll meet back here in the evening.” Kojiharu stated.

“Nyan-Nyan! I don’t want to-“ Yuko got cut off.

“Yuko, listen to me. Try to get along with Yuki, ok?” Yuko nodded her head being speechless.

“You heard that, Nezumi-sama? We’re going on a date it seems.” Yuki said, giving Mayu a warm smile.

“E-Eh? I-I guess so..” Mayu’s face became red all over again.

“Ok. Deal. Now we’ll be going this way! See you soon!” Jurina said as she grabbed Rena and Maeda’s arm and raced away from the scene.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Takamina shouted as she chased after them.

Mayu then looked at Yuki with a worried expression “What about you, Yuki? You’ll make friends with Yuko-san, right?”

Yuki smiled and ruffled Mayu’s hair. “I’ll try, ok? What do you think, Yuko-san?” Yuki then looked into Yuko’s direction.

“Don’t even start with me, vampire! Let’s go Nyan Nyan! I’m hungry.” Yuko said as she grabbed Kojiharu’s arm and walked away.

Yuki and Mayu then looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders and followed them from behind.



Atsumina & Wmatsui gang 

(In a café)

“Eh?! You’ve just met Acchan for an hour and you’ve already invited her to live in your house?” Rena shockingly asked, causing crumbs of her melon pan to escape from .

“B-But Acchan’s a nice girl.” Takamina said while looking at Maeda who replied with a sweet smile. “See what I mean?”

Rena then smacked her own head. “Listen here, Takamina. You don’t just invite an undead into your house after meeting for only an hour. You don’t even know her that well yet. What if she was a mindless zombie instead? You could have died! No offence, Acchan.”

“It’s ok. I’m fine. I get what you mean.” Maeda raised her hand, signifying that she is indeed fine with that statement.

“You know, that’s a little rude to Acchan.” Takamina sounded.

“What I’m trying to say is just that this is a dangerous world. You never know what kind of danger you will bring to yourself.” Rena said.

“But she had a sad story. She doesn’t have any memories from before her death. I just feel kind of sad for her. I feel like she needs someone to be there for her.” Takamina said.

“Aww.. you have a soft heart don’t you, Takamina-san? You know, I have a soft heart too, right Rena-chan?” Jurina said while clinging her arm around Rena’s shoulder. Rena simply rolled her eyes.

Maeda giggled at Jurina’s playfulness. “Is she really always this clingy?”

“Tell me about it.” Rena answered in an annoyed tone.

“Yes I am! But only to Rena-chan though. I love to hug her. She feels so warm.” Jurina answered excitedly.

“Minami’s warm too..” Maeda smiled in Takamina’s direction who replied with a sweet and loving smile. Both of them looked into each other’s eyes for quite a moment. Jurina and Rena noticed them and suddenly showed an evil smile.

“How suspicious…” Rena said.

“You know, both of you will make like the cutest couple ever!” Jurina said

“W-What are you talking about?” Both Takamina and Maeda’s face blushed in red.

“Wow, Acchan. For a zombie, you have a pretty good blood circulatory system.” Jurina said, being amazed with Maeda’s tomato face.

“You know what, I feel like watching a movie. Let’s just go!” Takamina ignored Jurina’s comment and stood up. 

They paid the bill and went to the cinema. “Hmm.. Which movie to watch?” Rena questioned.

“I want to watch this!” Jurina said while pointing at a Thailand ghost movie which looks horribly scary. They bought tickets and went into the theater.


(Wmatsui side)

Rena was already used to watching a lot of ghost movies. Basically, she remained unfazed throughout the whole movie. Except for the girl sitting on the right side of her.

“Kya!!!” Jurina screamed at every single jumpscares while squeezing her arm on Rena’s arm who’s trying very hard to pry her off.


(Atsumina side)

For every single jumpscares, Takamina reacted with her whole body and also a shriek. Upon noticing Takamina being scared, Maeda giggled and held Takamina’s hand.

“A-Acchan..” Takamina sounded a little surprised with the sudden skinship by Maeda.

“It’s ok, Minami. You don’t have to be scared. I’m here with you, right?” Maeda gave Takamina a warm smile.

Takamina couldn’t contain her smile at all. It wasn’t the warmest of all hands. In fact, Maeda’s hand was icy cold. But Takamina felt warmness. The warmness from Maeda’s heart. The both of them interlocked their hands throughout the whole movie. Although it was a horror movie, Takamina was basically giggling to herself throughout the whole movie. Maeda felt happy with Takamina’s cute attitude. As soon as the movie finished, Takamina realized the position she was in now with Maeda, and let go immediately. “W-Well, the movie finished.. L-Let’s go.”


“Waaaaa!!!! It was scary!!” Jurina was still crying from all the shock, still hugging Rena tightly unwilling to let go.

“You chose this movie yourself and yet you’re the one who end up getting scared!” Rena scolded Jurina while trying to pry her off.

Takamina walked side by side with Maeda, seemingly shy with each other right after they came out, received an evil grin from both Rena and Jurina once again.

“Seems like something happened in the cinema, isn’t it?” Jurina asked.

“N-No! N-Nothing happened!” Takamina and Maeda’s face flashed red.

“Oh, something really did happen, alright. Look at both your faces right now. No difference from a tomato.” Rena teased.

“I said nothing happened! L-Let’s go shop for clothes now.” Takamina then grabbed Maeda’s hand and flee the scene immediately.



Kojiyuu & Mayuki gang

“Yuko! Slow down with your food!” Kojiharu said, looking at Yuko who is swallowing down her food without chewing.

“How uncivilized.” Yuki dissed.

“Mind your own business and eat your damn cow, vampire! You don’t even need to eat it cooked!” Yuko shouted, signifying the beef stew that Yuki is eating. It seemed like this sentence attracted some attention from some people.

“Shhhhh!! Do you really want to be found out?” Mayu said.

“I’m sorry to say this, Haruna-sama, but you need to learn how to tame this beast of yours.” Yuki said politely.

“Why you little-“ Yuko got cut off by Kojiharu.

“Yuko, baby. She’s right. You need to learn how to choose your words properly. And please eat your food properly.”

“Then feed me, Nyan Nyan~” Yuko opened wide.

Kojiharu pinched Yuko’s face thinking that she’s cute, and fed her only to be replied with a look of disgust from both Yuki and Mayu.

“You know, I would have preferred the earlier scene rather than this scene right now.” Mayu said as Kojiharu and Yuko are having their own sweet time in their own little world.

Yuki then started a conversation with Mayu. “Nezumi-sama, do you mind that we go on a date by ourselves some time?”

Mayu was shocked with the sudden statement from Yuki. 

“E-Eh? Date? A-Alone? I would love to, but I’m too shy to say it out.” Mayu thought.

“Just tell her, Mayu.” Kojiharu smiled all of a sudden.

“Eh? What are you talking about?” Mayu asked, trying to act dumb.

“You remember I have a gift?” Kojiharu said while pointing to her own forehead.

“S-Stop reading other person’s mind!” Mayu became flustered.

“So, what’s going to be your answer, Nezumi-sama?” Yuki asked again.

“I-I guess so.” Mayu said softly, being shy.

“That’s great! I want to treasure every moment with Nezumi-sama before it’s too late.” Yuki said

“What do you mean before it’s too late?” Mayu looked confused.

“O-Oh.. Nothing much. I just want to spend more time with Nezumi-sama. That’s all.” Yuki smiled.

But that smile didn’t seem natural. It seemed….forced. It was as if in that smile itself, there was a hint of sadness..

“Well, we’re done here, so let’s go.” Yuko said while pulling Kojiharu away from the restaurant, leaving Mayu and Yuki to pay for the bill.

Mayu and Yuki soon caught up to them as they passed by an arcade.

“Cool! An arcade! Let’s go in!” Yuko suggested.

A punching machine attracted Yuko’s attention. “A punching machine! Nyan Nyan, lets play that.” Yuko said, pointing to the punching machine.

“All right. But please restrain your strength, Yuko.” Kojiharu warned.

“Why don’t you go first, Yuki?” Mayu suggested.

Yuki smiled at Mayu and walked forward to the punching machine. Yuki then knocked the punching pad with only her knuckles.

“115kg!? Wow! You barely even punched it properly! You’re amazing, Yuki!” Mayu praised Yuki while clapping her hands. This though, attracted the attention of a 5 year old boy standing by the side being amazed at Yuki as well.

An evil grin suddenly appeared on Yuko’s face. Yuko walked towards the small boy and squatted down. “Hey, kid. Do you want to see something really amazing?”. And of course, the kid nodded. Yuko then walked towards the punching machine.

“Erm.. Nezumi-sama, I think I have a bad feeling about this.” Yuki frowned.

“Me too.” Mayu said, also frowning.

“Yuko! Don’t you dare-“ before Kojiharu could finish her sentence, Yuko released a punch with full force causing the whole machine to tumble backwards, breaking it. Yuko then immediately grabbed Kojiharu’s hand and fleed from the crime scene, leaving Yuki and Mayu to explain to the officer, and the little kid’s mouth dangling open.

Before they knew it, Yuko and Kojiharu reached the park. “Hah!! Finally, some time alone.” Yuko said.

“You should apologize to them, Yuko. That’s not nice to them. You and Yuki really should get along with each other.” Kojiharu said.

Yuko was about to reply when her thought got interrupted by people screaming and running away.

“What’s going on? Why are all these people running away?” Kojiharu asked.

Before they know it, the park was already empty.

“Let me go check it out.” Yuko then run forward to realize 21 figures limping around, groaning..

Yuko’s eyes opened wide. “Zombies?! I thought Acchan said that the Zombie Lord had confined them! Nyan Nyan. Stay there! Don’t come close!”

“You sure you’ll be fine?” Kojiharu asked worriedly.

“Well, I could use a little bit of exercise. Its been some time since I last fought. This could be a warm up.” Yuko smirked before charging into action.

Yuko ran towards one of the zombie and punched it on the face hard. It merely just groaned at the punch and attempted to grab Yuko. Yuko immediately dodged to the side and hopped backwards.

“Wow! Acchan was right! These zombies are tough! That punch was almost my full force!”.

A few of the zombies start running towards Yuko crazily and attempted a series of attack. Yuko managed to dodge their fury attacks and landed a kick on one of the zombie’s face. It didn’t seem to have much effect either. The zombies then continued their crazy swings and fury attacks leaving Yuko to keep dodging and become slightly panic. One of the zombies managed to grab Yuko and pinned her down. As the zombie was closing into Yuko’s face for a bite, Yuko remembered something Maeda said. “Do not underestimate the bite of a zombie. Whether you’re a supernatural creature or not, a zombie’s bite will most probably be fatal.” Upon remembering this, Yuko immediately transformed into her wolf form and kicked the zombie away with her hind legs. 

A few other zombies continued their attempts to bite as Yuko swiftly dodged every single one of them. The zombies doesn’t seem to slow down at all.

“They just won’t stop coming, do they? It’s like they’re not even tired at all!” Yuko started panting.

Yuko tried to retaliate again and again, but to no avail. The zombies keep getting up again. Yuko then noticed one zombie trying to ambush her from the back only to be hit by Yuko’s tail whip, sending it flying into a tree. Yuko didn’t realized that there was another zombie already grabbing onto her body. 

“Crap! I let my guard down!”

As the zombie moved its fangs closer and closer to Yuko’s body, it was as if time slowed down. 

“Yuko!!!!” Kojiharu screamed.

A high speed kick suddenly appeared from the side and striked the zombie 20 feet away, causing Yuko to be slightly startled.

There stood a girl, with long black silky hair, gave Yuko a wink and said, “Guardian of the Night, at your service.” 



Chapter 3 - Double date
END



Next Chapter : Chapter 4 - Teamwork...or not