S.2 : Chapter 26 - Final Training

Supernatural Partner

jurinablack222-ver2.png?w=487

 

Chapter 26 - Final Training 


Annin found her way and entered the SKE forest. “I wonder what Center did in this forest that made her lose her temper.. Did something happen in this forest?”

After hiking for quite some time, she sighed. There’s nothing in this forest worth getting angry about. Just dead trees and crunchy leaves laying all over the floor. She suddenly noticed something attractive from a distance. It was a hill full of flowers. It was stunning. “Hey.. I never knew there was a flowery hill in this forest..”

Annin continued hiking up to the top of the hill to see the most beautiful scenery she had ever seen. Who would have thought that there was going to be a huge sakura tree on the very top of this hill?

“Wow... It’s...so beautiful up here... I feel so....calm.. So refreshing...” Annin closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

“Why would Center be so angry after visiting this place? It just doesn’t make any sense. Something must have happened.”

Something caught Annin’s attention. A flower of pure white, whiter than snow itself, lying right beneath the sakura tree. Even the stem of the flower was pure white. It was the most beautiful flower Annin had ever seen. It was so beautiful that people would think it’s fake. She approached the flower and kneeled down. “It’s.....so beautiful...”

As she was reaching for it, someone grabbed onto her arm, halting her from reaching to the flower.

“What are you trying to do, Annin?” A loud voice sounded from the side.

Shocked by the voice, Annin turned and noticed a pair of eyes glaring right at her. “C-Center!”

Jurina pulled Annin up and pinned her on the sakura tree with her brute force. Jurina’s grip on Annin’s arm was so hard that Annin thought her arm was breaking apart. “L-Let go, Center!”

Jurina squeezed her arm tighter, causing Annin to start flinching. “I said let go, Center!!” Annin released her barrier to push Jurina away but to no avail as the barrier merely passed right through Jurina’s body.

Jurina scoffed. “I’m in possession of the Yamata no Orochi, Annin. I’m basically immune to all your powers. You are nothing compared to the power I’m wielding right now, you hear me?! Now tell me what the hell were you doing here!?”

“Let go of my arm, Jurina... My arm hurts...” Annin said softly.

Realizing her actions, Jurina immediately let go of her grip. As soon as Annin was released, she fell into kneeling position while grabbing onto her slightly injured arm. “F-Forgive my actions...” Jurina apologized.

Annin stood back up and smiled. “It’s alright.. But why were you so angry, Center?”

“...” Jurina kept silent.

“And why were you so angry the other day?”

Annin’s statement caught Jurina’s attention. “What do you mean the other day?”

“Umeda said she saw you entering to SKE forest.. This forest. When you came back, you just lost your temper. Why?”

“Was that all Umeda saw?” Jurina asked.

“She said that she only saw you entering the forest and that she was not able to see anything more than that. Strange. It’s hard to find Umeda has something she couldn’t see eventhough it was within her range.”

“So that’s why you came to this forest? To look for answers for me losing my temper?”

“Uh-huh..” Annin nodded her head.

“How childish..” Jurina looked at Annin blankly.

“E-Eh?” Annin ooked confused.

“There are so many more important things to care about rather than something as petty as ‘looking for answers for me losing my temper’.” Jurina stated.

“I AM doing something important.. Y-You are what I care about most, Center. Whenever you feel angry and lose your temper, it just makes me really sad.. So I feel it’s important to find out the cause of it.” Annin explained.

“...” Jurina became silent again.

“Just tell me, Center... What happened here? Who made you so angry? I’m worried about you. You know you can open up to me any time you want about your problems.. I can promise you that I’ll keep it a secret.” Annin begged.

“Nothing happened here, actually...” Jurina finally spoke up.

“Huh? Then why were you so angry? Something must have triggered your anger, Center.”

“I’ve always been angry.”

“No, Center.. You weren’t like this.. Please.. Tell me..”

“No, Annin. Enough! We’re leaving now!” Jurina grabbed Annin’s arm.

Annin immediately pulled her arm away. “No! I will not leave until you tell me what happened here, Center! Stop being so stubborn!”

“I said no, Annin! It’s none of your business!! Now leave or i WILL force you to leave!” Jurina screamed.

“I’d rather die than to let you drown and suffer in your problems by yourself! I will not let you go through all this by yourself!” Annin screamed back.

Jurina furiously walked over and pulled Annin up by the collar. “YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE HERE, YOU HEAR ME!? YOU DON’T DESERVE IT!!! YOU SIMPLY DON’T DESERVE IT!!”

Annin’s eyes widened from Jurina’s anger. Annin’s voice was shaking badly. “H-Huh?”

“Listen here, Annin!” Jurina tugged and pulled Annin closer to her face in anger. “Listen here!! This hill is a holy place! You’re a demon, Annin! The longer you stay here, your life force will gradually face away! And you see that white flower over there??? You see it!?” Jurina pointed at the flower and emphasized it twice. “That flower is made of a pure holy essence, Annin! If I hadn’t stop you that time, your whole body would have been burnt into crisp! You get me now!? Huh?? You get me?!?!”

Trembling at Jurina’s outburst once again, Annin nodded and said in a soft and apologetic voice. “I get it. I get it. I’m sorry..”

Jurina was puffing and huffing as soon as she was done with her screaming. Jurina let go of Annin’s collar and took a few steps back. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t let my anger consume me...”

Annin shooked her head vigorously. “No, you don’t have to apologize to me, Center.. I should be the one to apologize for trying to invade your private life.. You even saved me from the holy flower, Center..”

“You’re not angry with me even after all that scolding you got from me?” Jurina frowned.

“Of course not, Center! I would never be angry at you! That’s because I lo-” Annin blushed immediately.

“Because?” Jurina asked in a musical tone.

“N-Nothing..” Annin felt wobbly suddenly. Before she tripped over, Jurina grabbed onto her.

“See what I mean? Staying in this place long will do you no good.” Jurina sighed. “No choice then.” Jurina pulled Annin up and piggy backed her.

“W-What are you doing, Center?? Put me down!” Annin blushed once again.

“I doubt you even have much energy left to stand. If I let you down now, you’ll fall down flat on the ground.”

“I...” Before Annin could finish her statement, Jurina intercepted her

“Just shut up and grab on tightly, Annin.” Jurina spread her wings and took off from SKE Forest.

“I’m sorry, Center.. I’m always causing you trouble..” Annin apologized.

“If you know you’re always causing me trouble then stop doing it. I can’t even take care of myself properly with all the current events and now I have to take care of you..” Jurina stated.

“T-T-Take care of me??” Annin’s face flashed red.

“Yes, Annin... You’re basically giving me more work to do. For now just be silent and conserve your energy.”

Annin smiled happily and tightened her hug around Jurina’s shoulder. She then laid her head down on Jurina’s back and closed her eyes before mumbling. “Thank you, Center..”

Jurina didn’t reply, but she showed a slight smile and mumbled as well. “Troublesome girl..”

The journey was short since Jurina could fly with a tremendous speed. As Jurina landed from the sky, Annin was still holding onto Jurina tightly. “Hey Annin, we’re here. Let go.”

“...” No reply from Annin.

“Hey, Anni-” Jurina turned her head back to notice Annin snoozing on her back. Jurina sighed once again. “This girl really does get my hands full..”

Jurina carried Annin into her room and placed her on the bed. Right when Jurina turned around, Annin grabbed onto her arm. “Center?”

Jurina turned around and looked at Annin once again. “Yea?”

“Thanks for caring about me, Center.” Annin woke up and landed a kiss on Jurina’s cheek.

Feeling completely shocked from Annin’s action, Jurina flinched away and covered her cheek with her palm. Annin then immediately hid inside her duvet. Jurina could have sworn she heard a squeal from within the duvet. “Good night, Annin..”

Jurina exited the room, still feeling confused while her palm is still covering her cheek.

Annin suddenly shot out from her duvet and had a weird thought. “Wait.. What was something that holy even doing in the SKE Forest? What is she even doing in a place like this? Oh well, better not bother Center about this matter anymore. She wouldn’t like it.” Why is something like this be doing on the surface of the Earth, what more in the SKE Forest and why Jurina lost her temper the other day remains unknown.......for now.



In the Hospital

“How’s she, Takamina?” Mayu asked.

“No good. She’s not recovering to her usual self. She still screams a lot.. We put her to sleep for a dozen times already, but everytime she opens her eyes, she would start screaming all over again. We just only put her to sleep again.. Like for the 13th time i think.” Takamina explained.

Rena frowned. “What? You put her to sleep 13 times? Wouldn’t she get cancer from that or something?”

“Rena!” Mayu smacked Rena on the shoulder.

“Oh, don’t you worry about that, Rena. Yuki’s a vampire.. Her body is way stronger than a humans’. She’ll be fine.” Takamina explained.

“Wait.. Let’s check the security camera from the supermarket.. Maybe we can find some clues about what actually happened to Yuki..” Mayu stated.

At that time, Akane tossed a tape at Mayu. Mayu grabbed it and looked at Akane. “Eh?”

“Took you so long to think of this idea. You’re always one step late, captain. As soon as I heard the news about Yuki, I went straight for the security camera for clues already. Let’s see how bright you are in looking for clues.” Akane said.

Mayu borrowed one of the nurse’s computer and played the tape. “Let’s watch together..”

Akane, Rena and Mayu sat down and watched the whole scene. Sasshi’s head popped out of nowhere. “Hey, you guys watching a movie or something?”

“Shh!! We’re trying to listen to the conversation in the CCTV recording.” Mayu scoffed.

Sasshi’s ears got pulled up immediately. “What are you doing outside your ward, Sasshi?”

“E-Eh? Lovetan?” Sasshi was shocked.

“Get back to your ward now. You’re not fully healed yet.” Lovetan said.

“Exactly. Who gave you the permission to roam around this place, huh?” Takamina came closer.

“What? I’m the Lord of the zombies! I can do whatever I want!” Sasshi did the supermn pose.

Takamina and Lovetan looked at each other.

The next scene showed Sasshi being dragged back to the ward by both Sasshi and Takamina. “You can’t do this to me! I’m the Zombie Lord!!” And they were gone from the scene.

After they watched the recording, Akane smiled. “So, what do you think about it, captain?”

“From what I see, apparently this Demon General Kumi has the powers to block all the human senses completely, while keeping their mind intact. This explains why the victim will literally go crazy. But she has a weakness.. She will be extremely vulnerable to physical attacks when she activates her powers.”

Akane shook her head. “That’s not what I was asking for, captain. Those points that you stated were way too obvious. I can’t think of anyone who can miss out any of the facts that you stated.”

“You know what? I’m just gonna keep quiet and not say anything.” Rena remained silent after that.

Akane continued. “What I wanted to know is how do we cure Yuki.”

Mayu frowned. “Huh? It wasn’t in the video recording, Akane.”

“Yes it was, captain... You weren’t observant enough.” Akane said.

Rena hands up. “Yea.. I can be a witness to that, Akane.. I didn’t see or hear anything about how to cure the victim.”

“Keep quiet, Rena. I wasn’t asking you. I was asking the captain.” Akane stated.

“Ok...” Rena slowly put down her arm.

“Hmm...” Mayu squeezed her brain.

“Come on, captain. I have high hopes in you. Figure it out now and Yuki will be saved immediately.” Akane explained.

“But why don’t you just say it out now and save Yuki first??” Mayu asked.

“Sorry to tell you this, captain. But no. I’m not going to tell any of you anything until YOU figure out what it is, captain. I wat to train you to be more observant. So don’t expect me to spoonfeed you.” Akane said.

Mayu shot up from her seat suddenly. “Wait a min...” Mayu was stunned for a short moment. “I’ve got it!!”

Akane smiled. “Good. Now let’s put your theory to the test.”

Mayu rushed into the emergency room immediately followed by Rena and Akane. As expected, Yuki was already awake and still screaming madly. Yuki was tied up onto the bed with an iron chain in case she goes berserk. Mayu stood beside Yuki’s bed and and looked at her own palm. She then clenched her fist hard and landed a powerful punch right on Yuki’s stomach. Yuki spit out blood at the impact and started groaning. Yuki stopped screaming now. She’s just groaning and mumbling undecipherable words.

“Mayu!! What are you doing!?” Rena was shocked. As Rena walked over to Mayu, she got pulled back by Akane. “Let the captain do her thing. Seems like she has finally got it..” Akane shot a smile of satisfaction.

“Huh?” Rena looked confused.

Once again, Mayu clenched her fist and punched Yuki’s stomach. Yuki spit out blood once again and she started shifting her hand to her stomach slowly. “P-P-P-P-Pain.....”

“W-What??” Rena’s eyes widened in shock.

“It really worked!!” Mayu released Yuki from the chains. She laid down on Yuki’s body and hugged her tightly.

“I-I-It hurts, N-N-Nezumi-s-sama....” Yuki mumbled.

“Thank god you’re alright now, Yuki.. I was so worried..” Mayu glomped herself on Yuki. Yuki replied it with a tight hug.

“Y-Yea.. I’m fine now..” Yuki smied faintly. “But I’m still feeling a little dizzy..”

“Just take some rest for now, Yuki.. You’ve been through a lot.” Mayu smiled.

“I knew you would figure it out sooner or later, captain.” Akane nodded.

“Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Hold up! Hold up! Hold up! Someone please explain this to me..What’s going on?? I don’t get it! Why did Yuki suddenly regain consciousness?” Rena scratched her head.

“Yuki, answer me one question.. Kumi’s punches.. Were they all completely powerless?” Mayu asked.

“Now that remember it... They were completely powerless.. It was just of a normal human’s strength. I wonder why..” Yuki stated while still grabbing her stomach in pain.

“Exactly my point.. When she activates her powers, her physical strength is further decreased. Don’t you find it any bit suspicious?” Mayu asked Rena.

“Err.... Can’t say that I understand it yet..” Rena shrugged her shoulders.

“She did that to make sure that she will NEVER inflict any pain to Yuki..” Mayu stated.

“Ah... I get it now!” Rena finally got it.

“In other words... As long as the victim is in pain, it will cancel off Kumi’s silencing effect immediately.” Mayu explained.

“But it’s still dangerous to go against her.. You can never end a fight with her unharmed. Throughout the fight with her, you might have to keep hurting yourself.” Akane said.

“Rest well, Yuki.. When you’re released from the hospital, everyone of you will undergo a really intense training.” Akane told Yuki.

“Why must we go through all this? Why don’t we sign the truce with them?? This way, as long as we don’t touch them, they won’t touch us!” Mayu asked once again.

“You want to sign truce with demons?? Answer me, captain.. Will you be 100% sure that they will keep their words?” Akane frowned.

“Most probably they will contain their demons and not attack us..”

“You’re not answering my question, captain. Are you 100% SURE that they will never EVER attack humans? 100% sure?” Akane emphasized once again.

“I...” Mayu became lost for words.

“You see, captain.. As long as we know demons still roam around this world, we will never live in peace. And there’s another reason to not sign the truce..” Akane said.

“Which is?” Mayu asked.

“Jurina.” Akane’s word made everyone in the room silent. “If we sign the truce, we will never ever be able to see Jurina again. Do you want that to happen?”

“Why not we just sign the truce for now then we just break the truce when we invade their castle?”

“Why even bother signing the truce then? By signing the truce and then breaking it after, it makes us the bad people instead.. It leaves a very bad impression of Hellsing. I don’t want that to happen.” Akane explained.

“You’ve got a point there..” Rena nodded her head.

“For now... Take a good rest, Yuki..” Akane ordered.



Few days later, Hellsing meeting room

“Now let’s analyze the powers of all four of the Demon Generals..” Akane pulled down four posters of the Demon Generals. Each with one of their faces.

Akane started. “First, the Demon General Umeda.. As we all already know, she possess unbelievable strength and speed, not to mention she can read all our movements.”

“Not everybody’s.. She couldn’t read mine.” Sasshi voiced out.

“Good. So you’ll be the best person to go against Umeda. Watch out for her movements. Her movements are really tricky. As long as you’re able to read her movements, you’ll be on the advantage. I’ll put my trust on you, Sasshi.” Akane explained.

“Got it.” Sasshi nodded.

“Next is the Demon General Kumi. We know her powers already. Her powers are silencing all the human senses. It’s a deadly power. But there is a flaw. As long as you’re in pain, her silencing effects will cancel off. In other words, the one to go against her must be the one with an extremely high endurance of pain because you’ll be hurting yourself a lot. So, Chokoku would be the best to go against Kumi.” Akane continued.

“I’ll try my best.” Chokoku agreed.

“Listen here, Chokoku. Avoid getting in contact with her hand and end the fight as soon as possible. I don’t expect you to be able to hurt yourself forever.”

“Got it.” Chokoku nodded.

“Third, the Demon General Annin. From what we have seen before, she had the power to create barriers and also healing powers. Not much is known about her. We do not know if that is the extent of her powers or if she has an offensive power. So I can’t assign her to anyone. Anyone who faced her, I wish you good luck.”

“That was the demon who kissed Jurina on the cheek.. I will go against her. I have a lot to talk to her about.” Rena offered herself.

“Remember, Rena.. Her powers will repel any damage dealt to her back at you. So, think of a plan before you strike.”

“Got it.” Rena nodded.

“Finally, the one I find most interesting.. Demon General Sayanee, the swordsman. Her swordplay is frightening. I will go against her.” Akane suggested.

“Wait.. Talking about swordsman... Where is Nishishi?” Rena asked.

“She left for her own adventure around the world to discover more swords. So, she won’t be joining us in this mission.” Akane explained.

“Still the same old sword-loving, Nishishi..” Mayu shook her head.

“Well what about their assistants?” Gakuran asked.

“I can tell you about their assistants...” Lovetan entered the room at that time.

“I see.. Do tell us then..” Akane said.

“There’s Kumi-sama’s assistants, Kanon and Yuria.. They possess the powers of Hell Flames and Hell Ice respectively. Despite them being cute most of the times, they can actually transform into their respective beast mode..” Lovetan explained.

“B-Beast mode?” Mayu swallowed her saliva.

“Yup. It’s quite terrifying to tell the truth..” Lovetan said. “Annin-sama doesn’t have any assistant.”

Akane continued. “That leaves us with only Milky. She has territorial effect powers. As the name suggests, she can create any territory she wants all around her. Given her fearsome powers and intellect, I’d say she is even on par with the other Demon Generals.”

“I hate her ego.. I’ll go against her then.” Mayu sneered.

“Who said you’re joining this mission, captain?” Akane sounded.

“As you said, Akane.. We’re dealing with demons here. We need more people for this mission. It will definitely increase the percentage of success rate of this mission.” Mayu replied.

“You have no combat skills, captain. Sending you on this mission is the same as sending you right to your grave.” Akane said.

“Then let me undergo the training everyone is about to go through.” Mayu said.

“You’re too weak for that, captain. You will not survive 10 minutes in the training.” Akane said.

“I don’t care what you say this time, Akane.. I’m joining this fight as well..” Mayu insisted.

Akane nodded. “Alright then.. I will see how well you do in the training.”

“I’m going as well!” Lovetan sounded.

“No, Lovetan.. You’re not coming along. It’s too dangerous.” Sasshi said.

“No way I’m letting all of you go while I sit around here and do nothing! I’m going!” Lovetan retorted.

“No, you’re not! I’m not letting you go, Lovetan..” Sasshi replied.

“ Alright then... I wonder... where exactly is the location of the Demon General Castle..” Lovetan said in a sarcastic voice. Everyone in the room became silent.

“Alright then! You can come along!” Sasshi rolled her eyes.

“Jurina’s crowning as the Demon King will be in a week time. We will have enough time to train.” Akane held her palm out to them. “Five days is all I need to train all of you.”

“Wow.. So, when will the training start?” Rena asked.

“Now.” The whole room remained silent for a moment.

“Well, what are we waiting for then? Let’s get this training started!” Rena shot up from her seat.

“All of you, follow me.” Akane walked into the training room. Everybody followed her. It was as large as a football field.

“As you can see, there will be a bathroom at the corner of this training room. Food will be provided to all of you everyday, so do not worry about that.” Akane said.

“Eh?” Everyone looked confused.

“Your training is just to live in this training room for 5 days.” Akane told them.

“That’s it? What’s there to train? I thought you said I wouldn’t survive 10 minutes here.” Mayu frowned.

“Alright, then.. Let’s put it to the test, shall we? Chokoku, you have the strongest physical force among everyone here. So you remain in this training room. Others, follow me out. As soon as they did, Akane closed the door. They looked through the glass and looked at Chokoku.

“Brace yourself, Chokoku...” Akane ordered.

“Brace myself? From what?” Chokoku asked.

Akane clicked the big red button. Chokoku suddenly looked suppressed as she is seen trying to resisting something. Her whole body was trembling as if she is using a lot of energy. Her body is seen gradually sinking lower and lower. That is when Akane clicked the button again. Chokoku then fell onto the ground, puffing and huffing while sweating buckets.

“See what I mean now?” Akane looked at Mayu.

Chokoku then stood up and walked out of the training room. Akane asked Chokoku. “So how was it?”

“We’re supposed to live in there for 5 whole days?” Chokoku still puffed and huffed.

“Yes. I told you already. This will be the most intense training you’ll experience ever.” Akane replied.

“What kind of training is this?” Rena asked, being curious.

“You’ll be living in the training room that has 100x the gravity of the earth. Your movements will be quite restricted while you’re in there. But once you get used to the weight, I promise you, your powers will increase a few folds. Don’t worry. I’ll be joining all of you in this training as well.” Akane assured. 

“100x gravity of the earth? That’s crazy!” Mayu retorted.

“You can always back out anytime you want, captain.” Akane said.

“N-No. I’m not going to back out on this. We’re doing this to save Jurina.” Mayu answered.

Rena nodded. “For Jurina.”

Yuki and Sasshi followed. “For Jurina.”

Finally Gakuran and Chokoku. “For Jurina.”

Akane smiled. “Are you all ready?”

“Yes.” Everyone answered simultaneously and entered the training room. The big red button was clicked and so the final training begins...



Chapter 26 - Final Training
END