Prologue 4 - The legendary Hunter

Supernatural Partner

Prologue 4 - The legendary Hunter (Matsui Jurina X Matsui Rena)



"Beep Beep"

I took out my SPTdex to look. aka SupernaturalDex.

1 supernatural being identified
Species : Werewolf
Type : Normal
Threat : Medium


"Found you." I said as I saw a black figure leaping from roof to roof. I took out my semi-automatic gun and aimed at the black figure. I released a shot and hit the black figure on the hind legs. I saw it fell down into a dark alley as i followed it and jumped down along. I landed on the body of a giant wolf.

The wolf was already partially paralyzed.
"A s-silver bullet? Just who are you?" the wolf growled in pain.

"My name doesn't matter to a dead wolf anyway. I hereby pronounce your execution for the murder of a 10 year old child under direct orders from the Hellsing organization."

"S-Stop it!"

A gunshot echoed throughout the silent night.

"By the way, the name's Van Helsing."

My birth name is Rena Van Helsing. The 8th descendant of the world famous supernatural hunter, Abraham Van Helsing. A newscaster in the morning, a hunter at night. As I'm not able to use my birth name out publicly, I go by the name of Matsui Rena. Even my closest of friends know me as Matsui Rena. I work for the Hellsing organization which mission is to search and destroy any supernatural creatures that threaten the society. My hunting weapon consists of a semi-automatic gun and a katana. Not just any semi-automatic gun or katana but a silver one. Yes. Vampires and Werewolves have a weakness for silver. They will be paralyzed momentarily when in contact with any silver material. I have been trained to master all kinds of sword techniques and fighting styles till i actually exceeded the human capabilities in terms of speed, strength and reflexes.

There i sat on the bed in my room, exhausted from the whole day of work, trying hard to keep my eyes open when suddenly,

"Rena-chan!!" A voice emerged from behind me and backhugged me tightly.

"Stop it, Center! How many time have I told you not to teleport into my room without any notice? I need privacy, you know?" I sneered being slightly annoyed by her action.

"And how many times have I told you to call me by my human name?" she said while pouting .

This girl here on the other hand is called Center, using the human name Matsui Jurina. My hunting partner. Extremely playful, extremely cheerful, and extremely annoying. Yes. She's not a human but the rarest of all the supernaturals, the nephilim, hybrid of an angel and a demon. Posseses two different modes. An angel mode and a demon mode. In the angel mode, she will have wings and able to fly. She posses a giant blue scythe in the angel form. As for her demon mode? Well, let's not talk about that now. We go way back. It was 1 year ago when i first met her. She was my lifesaver.

1 year ago

"Let me go, Akane! I know I can handle this!" i argued with my Hellsing's boss, Takayanagi Akane.

"No. I'm not going to let you go alone. You're not strong enough! It's too dangerous!" she retorted.

"I'll prove it to you!" I screamed as I stormed out the door to search for my target.

I went in deep into the forest while looking at my tracking device, trying to search for my target. After a few hours in the dark forest, finally I found it..

Beep Beep
1 supernatural being identified
Species : Werewolf
Type : Alpha
Threat : immeasurable


"Stop right there Alpha!" I screamed at the creature. It had fur of gold and eyes glowing in red. It was slightly bigger than any werewolves I've encountered.

"If it isn't the legendary hunter, Rena Van Helsing. What do you possibly want from me?" it growled.

"What do i want? Your life!" I leaped forward as i unseathed my silver katana from its wooden cover and swinged it towards the Alpha only to end up cutting the air.

"Too slow!" the Alpha growled. I never got a chance to turn around as my back already got hit by its paw. Hard. I ltterally flew 20 feet away.

"Still intending to fight me?" the Alpha snickered at me.

"I-It's too fast.." I thought. But my pride got the best out of me.

"T-That didn't hurt at all! Fight me seriously! Change into your lycan form now!"

"You're not worth my lycan form at all. You can't even hurt me in my wolf fo-" I immediately silenced the Alpha with a shot that graced it's left cheek.

"You see? I did hurt you after all." I said as I tossed an evil grin at it's face.

"You !" Enraged and angered with my sudden attack, it leaped towards me attempting to crush its paw on me.

I managed to jump away and used my landing to propel myself towards the Alpha. Fast. I swinged my katana only for it to cut the air again. I attempted a few swings but to no avail. The Alpha finally retaliated as it swings its paw from left to right and right to left. Thanks to my fast reflexes, i was able to dodge every single one of its deadly swings. After a fury of dodges and misses, i finally found an opening. As it was swinging its paw to the right, I immediately dodged into the other direction swiftly and jumped to notice the back of the Alpha.

"I got you this time!" I slashed down my katana as hard as I could only for it to come in contact with a gold furry arm, grabbing my silver katana.

"Ah.. You're good using silver to coat your weapons. But i'm the Alpha wolf. Silvers do not hurt me at all." The Alpha said as it snatched my katana away and knocked me hard on my stomach. I flew towards a tree. The impact was so hard that i felt one of my ribs cracking. I took a peek at the Alpha as i was laying on the ground. The Alpha was already in its lycan form.

"I have to give you some credit to force me into this form. But now that I'm already in this form, don't think I'll hold back anymore." the Alpha growled.

I try to stand myself up but the pain in my ribs was unbearable. "Crap. This is bad. Is the Alpha really this strong?"

"Pity. Your ancestor would have a much better chance against me. He was far stronger. You're a shame to your ancestors. You brought this to yourself. Now, die!" the Alpha raised its arms attempting to attack anytime now.

"Angel mode : Activate"  a voice suddenly echoed in the forest as I saw a blast of light shot down from the sky in front of me causing the Alpha to dodge away. There stood a girl. She had a white wing on the left. A black wing on the right.

"An angel?" the Alpha questioned.

Beep Beep!

My SPTdex sounded.

1 supernatural being identified
Species : Nephilim
Type : ?
Threat : ?


The girl smiled at the Alpha's shocked expression as she summoned a huge blue scythe from her right hand and swinged it forward, causing a huge shockwave that pushed the Alpha few steps back. This just proves how tough the Alpha is. Any common werewolf would have been knocked out cold from that huge shockwave.

The Alpha growled and it morphed back into its wolf form.

The nephilim laid her scythe over her shoulders and said "Afraid to fight, wolf?"

"I didn't come here to fight a nephilim." the Alpha then glared at me and said "You won't be so lucky next time, Van Helsing!" the Alpha then proceeded to race off from the scene leaving us both alone.

"Oh My God! Wow! You're a descendant from the great supernatural hunter, Abraham Van Helsing??" I simply nodded.

"Kya!! I was a huge fan of him when he was still alive. No wonder you were able to stand so long against the Alpha wolf." she then proceeded to hug me tight.

"I think we're gonna spend A LOT of time together." she said as she showed me her cat-like smile.

"Get off!" i shouted as i pushed her away from me. I tried my best to stand up and used my katana to totter myself back to the Hellsing headquarters with one arm holding my injured rib.

She simply followed me around like nobody's business. "Stop following me, nephilim! I swear to god you take one more step, I'm going to cut you in half!"

"Alright! Alright! No need to get all angry at me. I saved your life after all." she said while pouting . She was right. She descended from the heavens and gave me a helping hand. Maybe I was a little to rough on her.

"Well, i guess I'll see you around then." she smiled.

"Sorry but I don't want to meet you. Just go." I sneered.

"Oh.. Too bad but you will.." she said right before teleporting away with a bright light. What does she mean by that?



The next morning, I struggled a little with the newscasting as the pain in my rib still sting me.

At night, as usual, I headed towards the Hellsing headquarters.

"Rena. I would like you to meet a new colleague in this organization."

My eyes widened and my mouth got pried open as I saw the girl from last night standing beside my boss.

"But, Akane! She's not a human!" I stated.

"I know. She's a nephilim. In fact, I know all about what happened last night. How she saved your life and all. Besides, we could use a couple of powerful members in this organization."

I then glared at the girl for revealing everything to my boss. I mean, how the hell did she even find this place? 

"From now on, she will be your partner and since she can't go by her nephilim name Center, she will go by the name of Matsui Jurina." Akane stated.

"I object! I'm an elite and I do not need a partner! Besides, I'm already holding the name of Matsui. Give her another name!" I retorted.

"That's not for you to decide, Rena. I can't afford to lose an elite hunter like you to your rash attitude. If it wasn't for Jurina, you would have been dead!"

I stayed silent at the comment that made a lot of sense.

Jurina then proceeded to cling her arm around my arm. "See? I told you we're going to spend a lot of time together."

I simply rolled my eyes at her comment.

For the first few months, we do not seem compatible to each other at all. But as time goes by, as we know more and more about each other,we became more and more compatible with each other. Our teamwork improved drastically. I was beginning to think that it's not actually a bad thing to have a partner at all. Except for her annoying, clingy attitude of course.


Back to present time

I was shopping for some clothes with Jurina.

"Nee, Rena-chan. What are we here for?"

"Isn't it obvious? To buy clothes of course."

"But you already have a lot of clothes."

"I'm going to be meeting some of my old friends tomorrow. So, I want some new clothes."

"Bring me along!"

"Not a chance!"

"I wanna go!"

"I said no! Why do you even want to go?"

"I want to meet with your friends."

"I'm not going to repeat again. No! I'm not going to bring you along and I'm not going to introduce you to them. You're not even supposed to exist!"

"I don't care! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!". This is attracting way too much attention.

"Alright! Stop! You can come! Jeez.."

"Yay! So, how are your friends like?"

"Well, one of them is a world known and renowned surgeon, one is a model which is also a psychic. I suggest you do not mess with her. And the last one is jobless.."

"Meh.. Sounds boring.."

"Then don't go!"

"No!No!No!No!No! I'll go!"

How will the reunion turn out? I mean it's just a normal reunion of old friends.............right?
 


Prologue 4 - The legendary hunter
END

 

Next Chapter : Chapter 1 - The reunion