S.2 : Chapter 2 - The Hellsing Ace

Supernatural Partner

935859_10201442626924967_788971638_n8.jp

 

Chapter 2 - The Hellsing Ace


“Alright, everyone take a seat.” Akane ordered everyone in the hall to sit down on the chairs. After everyone in the hall is seated, Akane continued, “Everybody should know by now about the event that change the whole world one year ago, am I right?”

Everyone nodded their head while Jurina, who was sitting in the front row, tried to hide her own face. Akane then shifted her eyes towards Jurina and smiled. “Jurina, you don’t have to hide your face. Everybody knows it’s you.” Causing everyone in the hall to laugh. Rena patted Jurina’s head while looking at Jurina’s embarrassed face.

“After that event, the supernaturals are revealed to the whole world. Supernatural beings don’t have to hide anymore. That is why, ever since that day, the crime rates caused by these supernatural beings have increased by few folds. They commit these crimes whenever they want. Day time or night time. Am I right?” Akane asked.

“Yes.” Everyone in the hall sounded simultaneously.

“But of course, these crimes were committed mostly by rogue werewolves and rogue vampires, am I right?” Akane asked again.

“Yes.” Everyone sounded simultaneously again.

“Well, have anyone in this hall has seen a real demon?” Akane’s sudden question made everyone in the hall frowned.

Before the crowd could respond, Akane pointed at the crowd and continued, “Don’t give me the name Jurina. She’s not counted.” Causing everyone to laugh again.

“Well? Anyone?” Akane asked again, only to be replied with silence, signifying that none of them met with demons before.

“I know two hunters from Hellsing that met a demon before.” Akane’s statement caused everyone to be shocked.

“Which two?” Someone from the crowd sounded.

“This two.” Akane clicked on a remote control towards a wall and projected a picture of two guys laying on the ground, full of blood, and beheaded. The crowd gasped in fear from the sight.

“Pfft.. I’ve seen gorier things than this..” Mayu sounded jokingly only to be replied with Akane’s cold stare.

“Do I sound like I’m joking, captain?” Akane asked with a cold expression.

“I…I..” Mayu was afraid to reply as Akane’s face looked too intimidating.

“Answer the damn question, Captain Nezumi!!” Akane slammed both her hands on the table, causing Mayu to flinch and shocking everyone in the hall.

Mayu’s eyes widened in fear as she had never seen Akane like this before. “I-I’m sorry..”

Akane’s glare shot all around the hall. “Listen here people! We lost two of our elite hunters to a merciless demon. This proves that after the event one year ago, even the demons had started to make their moves!”

“But how do we know if they really were killed by demons?” Rena asked.

“Because of this picture.” Akane clicked the remote control again to reveal a photo of a scaly figure with red eyes and black wings.

“This picture was taken right before both of them were killed.” Akane continued. Everyone remained silent at Akane’s genuine statement and pictures.


“I’m going to say this straight. In terms of power, I can say that 70% of all the hunters here will not survive a demon assault. I’m not saying that you’re weak. I’m just saying that the demons are a little out of our league.”

“So, what are you planning to do?” Jurina asked.

Akane smiled at Jurina. “Good question, Jurina..”

Akane showed her right hand to the crowd and closed two fingers before continuing, “I’m going to recruit 3 really powerful characters into Hellsing as elite hunters. All three of them are supernaturals themselves.”

“Are they really that powerful?” One of the hunter asked.

“Trust me, you don’t even want to know how powerful they really are. Based on their abilities, I’d say that they belong to the upper S-class supernatural beings.” Akane stated only to be replied with everyone’s shocked faces.

“U-Upper S-class?? Even an upper A-class supernatural being is good enough to take out most of the elite hunters single handedly..” One hunter sounded.

“Who are they?” Another hunter asked.

“The details will be revealed later on.” Akane said. At this time, the door slammed open to reveal a tomboyish girl, entering into the hall.

As she walked past the crowd, everyone cheered loudly and looked at her in awe. One of the hunters shouted, “It’s the Ace! She’s back from her S-class mission!”

The girl walked to the front row and sat down beside Yuki. She gave everyone in the front row a nod of respect before sounding out to Akane. “So…. What did I miss?”

“Well, basically you missed everything. I was just going to dismiss them. Let’s just put things short for you. I want to recruit 3 powerful hunters into Hellsing.” Akane replied.

“Cool.. To fight demons?” the ace sounded, causing everyone to be shocked.

“You knew about demons?” Yuki, who was sitting beside her, asked.

The ace shrugged her shoulders, “Well, I met one during my mission. I’d say even for me, it was a little bit of a trouble. But I managed to kill it in the end.”

Everyone looked at her in awe. “You killed a demon!?” Mayu questioned.

“Sure did..” She answered coolly.

“Of course I should expect you to be able to handle it yourself. You’re not known as Nakanishi ‘The Giant Blade’ Yuka for nothing. You’re the pride of Hellsing. Not to mention I was your personal mentor for years.” Akane sounded.

“Oh, come on, Akane. Stop with the flattering and end this meeting already. I still have to visit a sword exhibit after this.” Nishishi sounded.

“Still the same sword loving Nishishi, huh?” Akane smiled before she clapped her hands once. “Alright. The meeting is over. Yuki and Mayu, follow me back to my room.”

Everyone stood up from their seats and left the hall, leaving Jurina, Rena and Nishishi to walk slowly out of the hall. “Hey, Nishishi. It’s been some time since we met. You’ve been away for quite some time, huh?” Rena asked.

“Well, it’s an S-class mission after all… It’s normal that it will drag on till a few weeks.” Nishishi answered.

“Hmm.. You really killed the demon?” Jurina asked.

“Of course I did... You doubt my skills?” Nishishi questioned in a rhyme.

“No. Of course not.. Everyone knows how fearsome your swordplay is.” Jurina replied.

“Well, I learnt everything from Akane. So, if you want to praise, then praise her.”

Rena put an arm over Nishishi’s shoulders and stated. “You’re always being humble, aren’t you? You should take some credit for yourself sometimes.. Like me.. When people recognize me as the heroine who saved the city one year ago, I just accept it.”

“That’s because you really ARE the heroine. That’s a fact. As for me, I’m not really as good as everyone said I was.” Nishishi scratched the back of her head.

“Mou.. Here you go again with your humbleness! Stop it! There’s a reason why you’re the ace in Hellsing. Nobody here can match up to your swordplay and styles.”

Nishishi scratched the back of her head again and smiled, “Well… What can I say?”

“Hey, you want to hang out with us now? We’re going shopping.” Jurina asked.

“Oh, I would love to.. But I can’t. I’m going to a sword exhibition now. Maybe next time.” Nishishi shot a thankful smile.

“Well, then we’ll make a move first. See you, Nishishi!” Jurina said as she hugged Rena and teleported right into the mall.

“Oh, hey.. Look! They will have a firework show in 5 minutes time! Let’s get to the park now!” Rena pointed at the billboard in the shopping mall.


30 minutes later…

Rena and Jurina sat down on the grass while Rena’s head leaned on Jurina’s shoulder. “Where is the firework show?” Rena pouted .

“Maybe there was a technical problem.” Jurina answered.

One guy came up and told them. “You’re right. The management just announced that there was in fact some technical problem, so there will not be any firework shows tonight..”

At this time, people were seen leaving the park right away.

Rena pouted even more. “Eh….. But I want to see it..”

Looking at Rena acting cute like this, Jurina couldn’t help it and hugged her tightly. “Kya!!! Rena-chan kawaii!!!”

Rena powerlessly let Jurina hug her without returning the hug. It seems like Rena was really anticipating the fireworks. Jurina who noticed Rena’s mood asked, “Nee, Rena-chan.. Do you really want to see fireworks?”

Rena nodded her head while still pouted. “I wanted to watch the fireworks with you, Jurina… I just thought that it would be romantic..”

“Are you disappointed that you don’t get to see it?” Jurina asked. Rena replied with a sad nod, “Yes..”

Upon listening to Rena’s statement, Jurina stood up immediately, startling Rena. “What’s wrong, Jurina?”

Jurina summoned her scythe from her right hand before getting a frown from Rena. “What are you trying to do, Jurina?”

Jurina then looked at Rena with a loving expression and smiled. “Nobody can make my Rena-chan disappointed..”

Jurina gripped onto her scythe and slashed it upwards, sending shockwaves high up to the sky before it burst in a firework manner. She repeated the process again and again so that it seems similar to a fireworks show. Rena slowly found back her smile as she covered , being touched by Jurina’s action.

“Alright, continue sending those shockwaves.” Jurina said to her scythe as she let go of it. Jurina’s scythe actually continued sending shockwaves by itself. Jurina then walked towards Rena and sat down together with Rena. Rena who still wasn’t able to contain her feelings, continued holding onto the mouth, fascinated by the fireworks show put up by Jurina personally for her. Jurina turned her head towards Rena and smiled. “Do you still feel disappointed?”

Without uttering a single word, Rena hugged Jurina tightly and kissed her passionately. After they separated themselves, Rena gave a warm smile to Jurina while her arms still around Jurina’s neck. “This is what I love about you, Jurina.. You might be childish.. But you’re childish to the point of being able to do these things.. I love you so much, Jurina..”

Rena closed in for a kiss again. “I love you too, Rena-chan..”

“Wow.. How lovey-dovey..” A voiced echoed in their ears. Both of them searched around to find that Nishishi was leaning against a nearby tree.

“Nishishi? I thought you went to a sword exhibition.” Rena asked.

“It turns out I got the date wrong. It’s supposed to be tomorrow instead.. Silly me. When I realized it, I just thought maybe I could meet up with you both here.. When I reached, both of you were….*cough* kissing…” Nishishi sounded.

“Come join us..” Jurina asked.

“I’m not quite sure if I should do that in this situation.. I’ll just be a disturbance to both of you.” Nishishi said.

As soon as Rena wanted to reply, a lycan suddenly appeared from behind them and looked at the three of them. “Dinner….” Was all it said.

Nishishi immediately walked in between the lycan and the Wmatsui couple and stopped it before it made any sudden moves. “Look here, pal.. These two behind me are having a good time. So I won’t let you disturb their sweet time.”

“And who might you be!?” the lycan growled.

“You don’t have to know who I am.” Nishishi stated.

“Ah.. I think I saw you before.. You’re the one who slain my comrades! You’re the Ace in this organization called Hellsing, Nakanishi ‘The Giant Blade’ Yuka, am I right?”

“E-Eh? You know me? N-No.. I’m not really that powerful to be called ace..” Nishishi scratched the back of her head being humble by its statement.

“Stop being humble to a lycan, Nishishi!” Rena shouted at her, getting her attention back.

This time, Nishishi glared back at the lycan and took out a small blade which was strapped onto her waist. The blade was only about 6 inches long. The lycan looked at her blade and immediately laughed. “Are you sure that’s a giant blade? More like tiny blade..”

Nishishi pointed the 6 inch blade towards the lycan and smirked. “I suggest you run for your life now while you still have the chance, rogue!”

The lycan continued laughing, taking Nishishi’s statement as a joke.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1… You had your chance..” In an instant, the lycan got pierced by Nishishi’s blade right through its chest. Jurina and Rena’s eyes widened in shock as they noticed that Nishishi never left her spot as her blade extended at least 20meters in a split second.

“Gah…” The lycan spit out blood at the sight of the blade piercing through its chest and then shifted its attention towards Nishishi who was standing about 20meters away from it.

“I warned you…” Nishishi stated seriously.

“Release : Kyodaina Ken!”  Nishishi sounded as the width of the blade increased by 20 times in an instant, causing the lycan to split in half from the stabbed area.

*Kyodaina Ken = Giant Blade

Rena and Jurina who was watching this scene blinked their eyes and clapped their hands in awe. “Wow.. That’s fantastic, Nishishi! That lycan was at least a B-class and yet you're able to defeat it in a single hit.”

Nishishi then lifted her blade as it retracted back to its normal 6 inch size and slided it back to her waist. Jurina then asked, “Hey, Nishishi.. What’s the maximum size your blade can go?”

“I can extend it to the maximum length of 100meters and if I released its form like what I did just now, the width of my blade will increase by 20 times..” Nishishi answered.

“Wow… You aren’t the ace for nothing, Nishishi..” Rena stated.

“Eh? Come on guys.. Stop flattering me. It was this sword that did the job. You should praise Akane for creating such powerful weapons..” Nishishi smiled.

Rena stood up and pulled Jurina along. “Well, shows over.. Let’s get back home now..”



Akane’s office

“Captain.. Yuki.. Have a seat..” Akane said as both Mayu and Yuki sat down on the chair facing Akane.

“Why do you need to meet us personally, Akane-sama?”  Yuki asked.

“It’s about the 3 new supernaturals that I want to recruit.” Akane said.

“What about it?” Mayu asked.

“I want you both to personally hand an invitation letter to the first one..” Akane slided a photo towards them.

Mayu’s eyes and mouth opened wide at the picture. “You want to recruit her!? Hell no!” Mayu retorted.

Yuki giggled at the picture instead. Akane then looked at Mayu. “We are in need of strong characters like her in Hellsing.”

“Please, anyone but her, Akane..” Mayu begged.

“No excuses, captain. I’m letting you both recruit her for me because you both are the closest to her, after all. It will be easier this way. If it’s both of you who are inviting her, she might consider joining.” Akande stated.

“Well, we have to obey the president’s orders, Nezumi-sama..” Yuki giggled at Mayu who sadly laid her chin on the table.

“Seems like Yuki got her orders. Do you get the orders, captain?” Akane faced Mayu.

“Yeeeessssss……Prrrrreeeessssiiiiddeeennntttt…..” Mayu reluctantly accepted while her chin still rested on the table.

Akane showed a satisfied smile and slided a letter to them. “Good. Here’s the invitation letter. Go now. I’ll be expecting some good news.”



Chapter 2 : The Hellsing Ace
END