S.2 : Chapter 17 - Ambush

Supernatural Partner

935859_10201442626924967_788971638_n8.jp

Chapter 17 - Ambush


“How dare you challenge me like this!?” Umeda was completely furious.

“Seems like you showed your true colors way too fast. I already expected that you will never let us go free even after we returned the Yamata no Orochi. Like Jurina said, demons will always be demons.” Akane snickered.

Umeda slammed Akane onto the tree once again and gripped onto her neck harder to suffocate her. Umeda said angrily. “You made a grave mistake.”

“No... You’re the one who’s making a grave mistake. Kill me right now, and you can kiss the Yamata no Orochi goodbye!”

Being completely angered by Akane’s action, Umeda still didn’t want to let go of Akane. She then smiled evilly. “I don’t need the Yamata no Orochi... I can just rule the demon world using my own powers!”

“You what?” Akane seemed a little surprised.

“In other words... I will make sure you suffer and die right here, right now.” Umeda’s statement shocked Akane quite badly. Umeda raised her claws again to strike right onto Akane’s head.

“Decaforce Type 3 - The Sonic Sword : Silfarion!” Rena appeared from the side in an instant and swinged her sword down to strike Umeda. Without moving away from her position or even looking towards Rena’s direction, she raised her other hand and managed to catch Rena’s sword using only two fingers. 

“What!? How did she see that coming?” Rena was shocked. Umeda then tossed Akane towards Rena as thy both fell onto the ground at the same time.

“Your little ambush is mere child’s play for me. I saw that one coming easily.” Umeda answered.

At this time, Yuki and Gakuran came from the nearby bushes with their whole body coated to ambush Umeda. Upon noticing, she gracefully dodged both attacks and managed to grab onto their arm. Yuki’s arm on her left, and Gakuran’s arm on her right. She then spinned around and tossed both of them far away, slamming through few trees. Chokoku used this timing to leap down from the tree above to land a powerful punch onto Umeda. Despite Chokoku having an immense strength, Umeda managed to punch Chokoku’s fist away, deflecting her attack before landing a high speed kick right onto Chokoku’s face that sent her flying far away.

“Another two in that bush over there, why don’t you just come out right now.” Umeda pointed at a nearby bush.

“Crap. We got discovered.” Jurina and Nishishi hopped out of that bush.

“Nobody can ever hide from me... Ever. I can see through everything. Hear through everything...” Umeda stated.

“You never see through my plans, though.” Akane smiled.

“That was my mistake. I accidentally let my guard down that time... I was just too excited about getting the Yamata no Orochi back.”

“What kind of demon general lets her guard down so easily?” Gakuran insulted.

“Speak all you want. This will be your last chance to speak before i destroy all of you.” Umeda snickered.

“Be on guard, all of you. She’s not as simple as she looks. She’s one of the demon general after all.” Mayu sounded from al their earpieces.

“I don’t need you to tell me that, captain.” Akane answered.

“Ah... Forgive me. I almost forgot that you were the captain of the battle strategy and tactics department before me.” Mayu was a little embarrassed.

“So, that was the captain, Watanabe Mayu...” Umeda smiled.

“The voice came from our earpieces. You’re able to hear to that extent?” Rena was shocked.

“As i said, i can see and hear through everything... The slightest sound.. Your movements... Hear your heartbeat... I am even able to look deep into your heart..”

“I remember now... Umeda, one of the four great demon generals. The only known demon who fights using her fists and legs and doesn’t possess any demonic type powers, but instead has the ability to see and hear anything within a kilometer of her range. She could even see and hear things that normal human will never be able to see or hear. With the utilization of her ability to the fullest, combined with the incredibly immense strength and speed she possesses, her hand-to-hand combat skills were said to be even on par with the late demon king.” Jurina explained.

“You know something about me, it seems... I remember you as well... Center. Born as a nephilim from a demon father and an angel mother. Just to let you know, I knew your father for quite some time.” Umeda stated.

“Y-You knew my father?” Jurina’s eyes widened.

“You looked shocked.. Ah... Could it be that you have never met him before?” Umeda asked.

“...” Jurina remained silent.

“Too bad you will never get the chance to meet him, though. Since he’s busy undergoing his eternal torture in hell for making out with an angel. You, Center... Was a mistake in the first place! You’re not even supposed to exist!” Umeda laughed a little at her own statement.

“Stop insulting Jurina, you !!” Rena rushed forward and swinged her sword upwards. “Decaforce Type 7 - The Gravity Blade : Gravity Core!”

Rena swinged her Gravity Core downwards to land a powerful strike. Using only her bare hands, Umeda managed to deflect the Gravity Core away by punching it from the side, causing Rena to be pulled aside as well from the weight before greeted with a high speed kick that blasted her right through a rock. “You’ve got a strong weapon there... But still, your movements are way too slow.. I read your movements easily.”

“Too slow, huh? Try some vampire super speed!” Gakuran and Yuki cracked their fingers and leaped towards Umeda in their fastest speed to land a high speed punch simultaneously. Despite Yuki and Gakuran moving at their top speed, Umeda managed to see through their movements easily and grab hold onto both their fist tightly, halting their movements.

“Gakuran Vondrak Bloodscream and Black Vladimus Dracula. The both of you came from renowned royal vampire families... Umeda stated while still gripping onto their fists tightly. Both Yuki and Gakuran attempted to remove their fist away from Umeda’s grip but to no avail. “The both of you have the speed... But still, you lack the strength.” She then increased her strength and crushed both their fists, causing both Yuki and Gakuran to scream in pain. 

She let go of both their fists and landed a high speed punch on both of them at the same time, sending them flying before snickering. “This is what you call a punch...”

Chokoku coated her arm with a concentrated gold aura before leaping towards Umeda to land a powerful blow. Upon noticing, Umeda released her own punch towards Chokoku’s fist to defend against it. Chokoku then swinged her other fist towards Umeda but immediately got deflected away by a high speed kick towards her arm. “You’re strong...”

Umeda spinned her body and attempted a powerful kick, but got successfully defended by Chokoku with both her arm. Umeda smiled a little. “Not bad...”

Chokoku suddenly felt extreme pressure on both her arms as Umeda increased the force on her kick. Not wanting to lose, Chokoku released her aura completely, forming the shape of a huge golden wolf. This time, Chokoku was able to defend against Umeda’s powerful kick effectively. Umeda smiled again. “I’d give you some credit, Chokoku. You really do live up to your name as the strongest werewolf in the world. Being able to make me use 60% of my power...”

Chokoku’s eyes widened. “Only 60%?”

“You wouldn’t want to see me in my 100% form... Even the late demon king wouldn’t want to see it..” Umeda said. She took this chance to spin her body once again and landed a successful high speed kick on Chokoku’s face and sent her flying away.

This time, Jurina leaped towards Umeda with her scythe and attempted a slash. Upon noticing, Umeda somersault backwards and managed to dodge it. “I saw you coming, Center...” Umeda smirked.

“How dare you hurt Rena-chan! I will not forgive you!!” Jurina sent a series of shockwaves towards Umeda. Instead of dodging, she ran towards the shockwaves direction and punched her way through it before reaching the front of Jurina.

“S-She punched through the shockwaves...” Jurina was literally shocked.

“Demons are way stronger than angels, Center...” Umeda said.

“That’s where you’re wrong!” Jurina swinged her scythe towards Umeda once again. This time, she caught Jurina’s scythe with her bare hands. Jurina suddenly smirked. “You know very well what will happen if demons touch an angel weapon..”

Umeda’s hand suddenly started to burn. Jurina took this opportunity to pull her scythe away. To her surprise, Umeda still had her hand tightly gripping onto the scythe despite her hand burning. “I’m not sure what you’re trying to say..” Umeda frowned. “This feels... A little tingly..”

“What!? She wasn’t affected!?”

“I’m not your average demon, Center. Remember this fact. I don't have a weakness.” Umeda lifted the scythe along with Jurina and slammed her to the ground.

At this time, a blade extended from the side, aiming straight for Umeda’s face. As she noticed it, she dodged to the side to evade the attack.

“Release : Kyodaina Ken!” Nishishi shouted. The width of her blade increased in an instant and managed to graze Umeda a little on her face.

“Didn’t see that coming, did you?” Nishishi smirked.

“Don’t get too full of yourself!” Umeda suddenly disappeared into thin air.

“Where did she go!?” Nishishi was shocked.

Umeda reappeared from behind Nishishi and raised her claws to strike down. Another blade then deflected her claws away. “No back stabbing.” It was Akane.

“Not bad.. You read my movements... Try reading this!” Umeda disappeared once again and reappeared behind Akane. She immediately swinged her blade behind her to clash again with Umeda’s claws and deflected them away once again.

“You’re very fast...” Umeda was impressed.

“You’re not the only fast one here, Umeda. I have a special ability as well...” Akane pointed her blade towards Umeda.

“...” Umeda remained silent and looked at everyone.

“What’s the matter? Let’s end this fight right now.” Akane said.

“Seems like I’m done here. I’m leaving.” Umeda’s statement shocked everyone.

“What? You’re leaving? Just like that?” Nishishi looked at Umeda suspiciously.

“I think I’m just going to sit back and watch some interesting drama that is going to happen in the near future...” Umeda answered.

“What the hell? That was so random...” Nishishi stated.

“I can see through everybody’s hearts... And I saw... One of you possess an evil heart. One more evil than mine... I’m not going to reveal who is it, though. There will be no fun if i just tell who is it. I think I’ll just sit back and watch how this drama will develop. I’m more interested in this now.” Umeda expained.

“You’re talking nonsense right now, Umeda.” Akane retorted.

“Trust me, President. There is nothing that i will see wrongly.” Umeda stated her final sentence before disappearing into thin air.

“What did she just say?” Rena got back to her feet.

“Not sure what she really meant by that, though...” Jurina shrugged.

“What she meant is that there is a betrayer among us.” Chokoku sounded.

“I still do not trust her.” Akane stood firm on her opinion.

“But Umeda said that she was never wrong in this...” Rena said.

“If the president lose faith even in her own members, the organization is sure to fall. I know all of you very well, and i do not believe any of you will betray Hellsing.”

“It’s probably just some psychological thing she did to make us suspicious of each other...” Gakuran answered.

Nishishi nodded and smiled “I’m proud to have a president who trust her comrades to this extent, Akane.. I should buy you a parakeet..”

“You will?” Akane got a little excited.

“Nope. I was just joking..” Nishishi laughed.

“I knew it... We’re done here, so let’s go back now.” Akane stretched her body and sheathed her blade back.

“Aww... I was just getting pumped up to see you in action, Akane...” Rena said.

“I haven’t fought for quite some time, so my skills may have gotten rusty a little...” Akane explained.

“But you were so cool when you defended against Umeda’s high speed attacks! I wanna see more of your fighting skills, Akane!” Jurina screamed like a fangirl.

“Don’t worry... You’ll be able to see it sooner or later..” Akane smied.



Back in Hellsing HQ

“You asked us to go against your master... Why?” Sasshi asked.

“I just didn’t want to work under her anymore... I was always threatened and tortured by her if i do not listen to her orders or when i fail to track someone. I was afraid of her... I just do not want to face her anymore... She wouldn’t kill me though, because she needs me to track for the Yamata no Orochi. But once she lay her hands on it, i doubt i will be of any use to her anymore. Then, she will kill me.” Lovetan explained.

“You’ve gone through a harsh life... How did she torture you?” Sasshi asked in a worried expression.

“She mostly punched me....”

“It must have hurt a lot, huh...” 

“Yea, it does...” Lovetan nodded.

“I’m a zombie, so i don’t know much about pain and i don’t really remember what pain feels like..” Sasshi shrugged.

“Well, my pain isn’t something anybody would want to remember, though.

Without uttering a single word, Sasshi pulled Lovetan into an embrace, startling her. “W-What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry.. Please forgive me, Lovetan..” Sasshi suddenly apologized.

“W-Why are you apologizing suddenly?”

“I’m sorry that i didn’t get to protect you from your master, Lovetan. I just wish i knew you long ago... Then i could have protected you. You wouldn’t have been tortured by your master, then.”

“...” Lovetan remained silent as Sasshi tightened her hug.

Lovetan then sounded. “You’re really nice, Sasshi... You care for me a lot..”

“Of course i do... I love you, that’s why.” Sasshi shot a smile at Lovetan.

Lovetan blushed at Sasshi’s statement. Sasshi continued, “You don’t have to be worried about getting tortured or hurt anymore, Lovetan. From now on, i will be the one who protect you.. I will not allow anybody to hurt you.”

At another side of the headquarters, Mayu and Yuki were chatting with each other.

“Hey, Yuki...” Mayu called out.

“What is it, Nezumi-sama?” Yuki replied.

“Something bothers me a lot...”

“You’re bothered by something? What is it?”

“It was what that demon general Umeda said... She said someone from the group possesses an evil heart.. I’m really troubled by this.”

“I see... I’m not too sure about that..” Yuki rolled her eyes for a moment before meeting up with Mayu’s eyes squinting suspiciously at her.

“W-What’s wrong, Nezumi-sama?” Yuki seemed surprised.

Mayu poked Yuki’s nose. “You’re not the one that Umeda’s talking about, are you?”

“Of course not. I suspect you’re the one instead...” Yuki poked Mayu’s face.

“How can i be the one she’s talking about when i wasn’t even there in the first place? You’re the one!” Mayu pinched Yuki’s face.

“And i already said i’m not a betrayer.” Yuki pinched both Mayu’s cheeks.

“Ouch! Ouch! It hurts!” Mayu complained. Yuki realised that she was using a little too much strength and released her grip immediately.

Mayu immediately got teary eyed, covering her face. “Y-You just hurt me, Yuki... How could you...”

“F-Forgive me, Nezumi-sama... I didn’t mean to...”

“You’re the betrayer, Yuki... You just tried to hurt me...”

“I’m sorry... Is there anything i can do so that you will forgive me?” Yuki sincerely asked.

“Kiss me.” Mayu removed her hands off her face and closed her eyes. Without hesitation, Yuki leaned in and kissed Mayu on the lips. The kiss started becoming more and more passionate. 

Mayu immediately pulled away before things get more intimate than this. “We’re in the organization, Yuki. We shouldn’t be kissing here. Let’s wait till we go back home first, ok?” Yuki smiled and nodded at Mayu’s statement.

“Aww... Finished already?” Jurina who was watching pouted .

“Yea.. I was waiting for more.” Rena said.

“Hey, stop watching!” Mayu shouted.

“You’re the one who started making out in a public place. Don’t blame us for watching.” Jurina replied.

“Oh yea... Nezumi-sama, you have to get ready.” Yuki sounded.

“Huh? Get ready for what?” Mayu frowned.

“Your hunter training with Akane-sama. I already applied your name to be an official hunter in Hellsing.” Yuki smiled.

Mayu’s jaw dropped open. “YOU DID WHAT!?”




Chapter 17 - Ambush
END



Next Chapter : Chapter 18 - Lightning Blade