Prologue 3 - Guardian of the Night

Supernatural Partner

Prologue 3 - Guardian of the Night (Kashiwagi Yuki X Watanabe Mayu)



“Good Evening, I am Matsui Rena, your newscaster for AKB news in the supernatural segment. Just last night, once again, it was seen that a mysterious girl saved a restaurant from an assault by a total of 15 robbers single handedly. It seemed that the girl is always wearing a kabuki mask. Some claimed to have seen the girl lifting cars, punching through concrete blocks and a few actually saw the girl flew off. People around have been naming her the “Guardian of the Night”.
Next, a 10 year old girl was found brutally torn apart by a giant wolf said to be of a size of a cow-*click*”

I sat on the sofa and sighed. “Rena’s news is boring as hell. It’s the same damn news every single day.. I need more fresh news for God’s sake!”

Hi. My name is Watanabe Mayu or some calls me Nezumi. IQ 140. I know. I have a high IQ. Which is why I have a friend who kept on bugging me to get a professional job and that it is a waste of my intelligence. Just because she’s a professional surgeon, doesn’t mean I have to listen to all her blabbering about getting a job, right? I mean, I do have a job. But it’s not official, though. I exchange reliable informations about anything for money. Trust me. You don’t want to know how good I am in data collection and information gathering. 

Why am I so interested in the supernaturals? Well, because I know they exist in this world. Living among us. This is not due to the fact that I read too much mangas. Do not misunderstand me. It’s because I met her before. The one they called the “Guardian of the Night”. She saved my life once from a group of yankees before. I fell in love with her on the first sight though I’ve never seen her face before. Strange huh? I never got to say thanks to her properly. Since that day, I’ve been collecting data every single day about her to track her whereabouts. It seemed to have a pattern of some sort. I used to get datas from Rena’s news but nowadays, it just seemed too repetitive.

But still, at least now, I have gathered enough data. I had discovered the pattern in her whereabouts. So, I was sure when and where she would be heading to. According to my calculations and data collection, she will be at the dock east from town tonight at 8pm. So tonight, I will be waiting there for her. This is why they say never to underestimate the intellect of mice. Never heard of this sentence before? Well, now you have.

_____________________________________________________________________

“I’m going out now! I’ll be back in a few hours time!”. I left my mansion, strapped on my kabuki mask and flew off to my destination.
Hi. My name is Black. I came from a long line of royal vampires. The 18th descendant of the great Count Dracula. What do I do for a living? During the day time, I work in a blood bank. Why? Come on! This is like the best job a vampire can have. I get paid 60000 yen every month. I know. It’s not a lot. But where else can I get so much free food? Since my boss is also a vampire in disguise, he pays me 5 blood packs everyday! How cool is that! Oh, I almost forgot. We vampires have adapted ourselves to resist against the sunlight for centuries. So, walking under the bright daylight? Not a problem.

During the night time, I would strap on my mask. For what? Fighting crimes, of course! I’m kinda doing a favour for the police. There seem to be a lot of crime cases happening in 7 different areas of Tokyo. So, every night, I would take turns to go to those places every night. Just so you know, not every criminal I fought was a human though.

_____________________________________________________________________

Watanabe Mayu POV

“Damn! I never would have thought about encountering these things.” I panicked as 3 wolves approach me, driving me into the corner.
“Well,Well. Guess what we’ll be having for dinner tonight.” One of the wolves said. As it leaped towards my direction, at the same time, something flew down from the sky with a tremendous speed knocking the wolf to the ground causing a huge impact. the wolf got knocked out cold with a single hit! There she was. The Guardian of the Night. Standing by the unconscious wolf glaring at the other two which was growling angrily at her.

“You know, you guys shouldn’t gang up on an innocent girl like that.” Voiced the guardian.
As both the wolf leaped towards her at the same time, she jumped gracefully behind them causing them to miss their target.
“Bad move.” The guardian said as she grabbed both the wolves tail and leaped of 30feet into the air pulling them along. She then spinned herself and tossed them far into the sea.

As she came back down, she walked towards me and started a conversation. “Now as for you, ojousama. What could a young and pretty girl like yourself be doing in such a dangerous place in the middle of the night, hmm?”

“O-ojousama? I-I mean, I wanted to meet you. I wanted to thank you for saving me before. And for now.”

“You came here just for that? How did you know I was going to come here? What if I wasn’t coming here? You should be dead by now.”

“I-I did some data collection, you see.. I notice there’s a pattern in your whereabouts.”

“Wow, you’re really something, ojousama. In that case, you’re welcome. I’m just glad to be of assistance. Now if you don’t mind, I’ll be taking my leave. Have a nice day.” She was already about to take off, then I screamed.

“Wait! You’re a vampire aren’t you?”. She immediately halted and looked back at me.

“How can you tell?” she seems to be slightly interested in my knowledge.

“As I told you just now, I did some data collection. With the ability to fly like that, plus your speed and strength, you can only be a vampire.”

“I see you did some homework. You’re right about me. I am a vampire. But you don’t seem afraid of vampires, I see.”

“Of course not! I think they are cool. Especially you. You’re the Guardian of the Night!”

“The what?” she frowned at my statement.

“The Guardian of the Night.” I repeated.

“Pfft.. So I’m some sort of a superhero now?” she then burst into laughter.

“Well, I guess so..” I shrugged my shoulder.

She suddenly stopped laughing. “You know, before I came here I wasn’t in a very good mood. But thanks to you, I finally found back my laughter. I sincerely thank you, ojousama.”

There she is again with the ‘ojousama’.
“You seemed like an interesting girl. Somehow I feel happy talking to you. You wanna hang out sometime?” she asked in the most delicate tone.

My face instantly turned tomato red. “E-Eh???? B-But I don’t even know your name. I-I never even seen your face before.”

“Ah.. Simple. We’ll start the introductions now.” She said as she unstrapped her mask revealing her face. She was simply dead gorgeous. Her hair was midnight black and it flowed over her shoulders. She had dreamy globe-rounded black eyes. And those sugar candy-sweet lips looked so… seductive. It was as if I was hypnotized to lean in closer and kiss them again.. and again.

“STOP!!!” I slapped myself to escape from the dirty thoughts created in my very head.

“Why are you slapping yourself all of a sudden? Well, my name is Black taking on the human name Kashiwagi Yuki. I don’t recommend you calling me Black though. It attracts unwanted attention. You can call me Yuki or Yukirin.”

“O-Oh.. I-err-Hello my name-Thank you-err..” Well, this is embarrassing. My brain just went all stupid all of a sudden. This doesn’t suit my IQ 140 character at all.

She seemed to giggle looking at my nervousness building up.

“Emm.. So what’s your name?” she asked not wanting to wait any longer.

“M-My name is Watanabe Mayu. Y-You can call me Mayu or Mayuyu. Some call me Nezumi though.”

“Nezumi as in the mice?”

“Y-Yea..”

“Nezumi-sama it is. I think it’s cute. You really suit the character of a mice.”

“Y-You think it’s cute?” my face became tomato red again.

“And why do you call me ojousama in the first place?” I asked

“Well, it’s a habit of mine. Long story about it though. You don’t want to know.”

__________________________________________________________________________


We started hanging out and getting to know each other better. My feelings for her have grown deeper and deeper. But I feel strange though. I feel that Yuki have something that  she’s keeping from me. It’s just troubling me so much. I’ll just push that aside for now.
“Erm, Yuki?”

“What is it, Nezumi-sama?”

“This Friday I have a reunion with my friends. I was wondering if you’re not busy or anything-“ I got cut off immediately.

“Of course I would love to meet Nezumi-sama’s friends. I love making new friends. Unless there’s a werewolf among your friends. You know, vampires and werewolves do not get along that much.” Yuki said jokingly.

“Of course not, silly. All of them are normal. I assure you, alright?” I gave Yuki a smile assuring her.


Sure thing they will not be meeting any werewolves…… Or will they?

 


Prologue 3 – The Guardian of the Night
END


Prologue 4 (Final) – The legendary hunter