S.2 : Chapter 14 - I love you

Supernatural Partner

935859_10201442626924967_788971638_n8.jp

 

Chapter 14 - I love you

Rena finally opened her eyes and found herself lying on a hospital bed. “W-Where am I?”

“Rena-chan, you’re awake!!” Jurina glomped right into Rena’s embrace immediately.

“Ouch!” Rena flinched immediately, as she still felt pain in her whole body inflicted by the water pressure.

Jurina then removed herself from Rena as tears filled her eyes. “I was so worried about you!”

‘W-What?” Rena frowned.

“You slept for three whole days, Rena-chan…”

“T-Three days? I was out cold for that long?” Rena was surprised. Jurina nodded her head.

“Wait… What happened? I remember we were losing. Then the auras faded away.” Rena asked.

“Well, apparently we were saved, Rena-chan…”

“We were saved?? By who?” Rena frowned.

“Akane and Nishishi came on time… With full body equipments, of course. To withstand the pressure.”

“Wait… But that didn’t explain how we survived the water pressure.”

“Here’s the thing… Chokoku helped out on that.” Jurina’s statement shocked Rena quite badly.

“C-Chokoku?”



Flashback

The leviathan dashed towards them and opened its jaw wide to swallow all of them whole. That was when an extremely long blade extended and pierced the leviathan right where the scales were destroyed, halting its movements as it started growling in pain. Nishishi and Akane appeared on the scene with their full equipments. At this time, Akane unsheathed a blade from her waist, grabbing the attention of Nishishi.

“Wow wow. You’re not gonna use your sword ability here, are you? You’ll get us all killed instead.”

“Don’t worry about it, Nishishi. I’m not going to release its form.” Akane replied.

“We have to get them out of here fast. Their auras are fading away.” Nishishi said.

The leviathan is seen coughing out a lot of blood. It then grabbed its stomach and growled. At this time, its stomach burst out open as Chokoku is seen coming out of it fully coated with aura. The sight of Chokoku shocked both Akane and Nishishi. “You were eaten??”

“I did some thinking while in its stomach… Maybe, it was way too fast for me to leave just yet. It’s not fair for Gakuran to continue living her life in regret of losing her best friend. But still, I never thought its insides were so soft… So vulnerable… It didn’t feel hot at all in its stomach. It was so tempting. So, I just punched my way out of its stomach.” Chokoku explained.

“Good to see that you’re still alive.. Now, get them out of here. We’ll deal with this leviathan.” Akane ordered as she pointed towards Rena, Jurina, Yuki, Gakuran and Sasshi’s direction.

“I’m afraid there’s no need to deal with that leviathan any longer.” Chokoku said.

“What do you mean?” Akane asked. At this time, the sea stopped boiling. The leviathan laid there completely motionless.

“I tore and bit off most of its guts while on my way out.”

“Werewolves… Such vicious creatures…” Nishishi smiled.

“I’m doing it to save Gakuran.” Chokoku said.

“To save Gakuran?” Akane frowned.

“N-No… I said to save my team members.” Chokoku got flustered a little. She then swam towards her team members and grabbed hold onto all 5 of them before coating them with her very own gold aura.

“Well, mission accomplished. Let’s go back.” Akane said.



Back to present time

“Where’s Chokoku now?”

“She’s fine. She’s somewhere else with Gakuran right now.” 

“Then what about Yuki and Mayu?” 

“Well, they went for a mission…”

“They went on a mission without us?” Rena frowned.

“Nah… It’s just a small mission.” Jurina smiled.

At this time, Sasshi entered the ward, cheering loudly.

“Woooooooo…… Long live our leader!!!!!!” Sasshi screamed and cheered loudly.

She immediately got smacked on the head by the doctor in charge. “No screaming in the hospital, Sasshi.”

“Hey… Getting married with Acchan does not give you the privilege to smack me on the head. I’m the Zombie Lord after all, Takamina. I was the one who entrusted Acchan under your care, after all.” Sasshi pointed at Takamina’s face.

Takamina shifted Sasshi’s fingers away. “Right… But being the Zombie Lord does not give you the privilege to scream in the hospital. There are other patients here who need to rest as well.”

“Fine…” Sasshi gave up.

“Oh, Rena. Guess who came to see you as well.” Takamina said.

At this time, a very familiar people came into the ward. “Rena! It’s been some time!!”

Rena’s smile widened. “Acchan!”

“I heard from Takamina that you were admitted to the hospital. So, I came after I cleaned up the house.” Maeda smiled.

“So how’s marriage life?” Rena smiled.

“It’s a little hectic, I must say… I have to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner… Clean the house… Mow the lawn… Housewife stuff…” Maeda scratched the back of her head.

“Talking about this… It’s been some time since I met Yuko and Kojiharu as well… I wonder how are they doing.” Rena said.

Jurina gave out a fake smile. “Emm… You see, Rena-chan… That’s the mission that Yuki and Mayu went on.”

“Huh?” Rena frowned.

“It seemed like Yuko caused some trouble in her village.” Jurina said.

Maeda nodded her head. “Yea… I heard about it too…”



A village far away from town

*Knock Knock*

Yuki knocked on the door of a cottage. The door slowly opened. Yuki smiled as she saw the person who was opening the door. “Hey there, Yuko-san. It’s been some time.”

Without replying, Yuko slammed the door shut immediately. A voice then sounded from within the house. “Who was that, Yuko?”

“Nobody.”

“There’s definitely somebody…”

“I said there’s nobody!”

“Did you just raise your voice on me!?”

“E-Eh? N-No…”

At this time, the door opened to reveal Kojiharu. “Ah… Yuki, Mayu. Come in.”

Yuko rolled her eyes as they made their way towards the couch and sat down. Kojiharu then looked at Yuko. “Bring some tea for our guests, Yuko.”

“Tea? Vampires don’t need tea. They just drink blood.” Yuko said.

“It’s ok, Haruna-sama. We don’t need drinks. We’re just here to have a talk.” Yuki said.

“Oh… Is there something?” Kojiharu asked.

“We received a complaint that there had been a wolf threatening the safety of the sheep in this village.” Mayu explained.

“What? Just because you had a complaint that there was a wolf in this village, you automatically assumed that it was me!?” Yuko got angered.

Yuki took out a photo of a lycan with its fangs wide open, grabbing onto a sheep. “Don’t tell me this lycan isn’t you, Yuko-san.”

Looking at it closely, it really does look exactly like Yuko in her lycan form. “That wasn’t me.”

Kojiharu smacked her own head. “Let me apologize. That was Yuko.”

“Hey, they didn’t want to listen to me. They will only listen after I threaten them like that.” Yuko growled.

“So, you really did threaten the lives of the sheep here.” Yuki said to Yuko.

“I told them to get into their barn nicely. They just keep sticking around. So I had no choice but to do it by force. If I don’t threaten them, they will just keep sticking around me.”

“Well, The sheep love Yuko a lot. That’s why they didn’t want to get back to their barn. They just want to stay close to Yuko, that’s all.” Kojiharu giggled.

“Those sheep are annoying, Nyan Nyan…” Yuko said.

“Well, you need to use some other way to get those sheep into the barn instead. You’re going to raise a lot of anger from the villagers here.” Mayu explained.

“There’s no other way to get them into the barn. Can’t you hear?” Yuko growled.

“You still haven’t changed your attitude, Yuko-san. Still as barbaric as ever.” Yuki smiled.

“What did you say about me, bat!? I’ll beat you up so badly right now.” Yuko growled.

“You can’t win against me, Yuko-san…”

Without hesitation, Yuko transformed into her lycan form and landed a punch on Yuki. With only a little effort, Yuki managed to grab hold onto Yuko’s lycan fist with her coated arm. She then twisted Yuko’s arm around, causing her body to turn as well. “Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Yuko growled in pain.

“Yuko-san, I could arrest you for threatening the safety of the sheep and the villagers here, you know?”

“Yuki, please don’t arrest Yuko. She never meant to hurt anyone. Even the sheep. Yuko loves her sheep a lot. She’s just simply scaring them so that they will listen..” Kojiharu begged.

“I know… I’m not going to arrest you, of course…” Yuki released her grip on Yuko.

“We’re here to give a warning, you see… Our organization can’t really tolerate with a lycan running around, scaring off sheep and villagers.” Mayu explained.

Yuko reverted back into her human form. Kojiharu then nagged Yuko. “You heard that, Yuko? Stop turning into a lycan and scaring those sheep off.”

“Well, basically we’re done here.” Yuki said.

“Yeah, you better be done here. I don’t want to see yours and your girlfriend’s bat face anymore.” Yuko dissed.

“Oh, come on, Yuko… Why must you be so rude… You know it yourself that you don’t hate them so much.” Kojiharu said.

“So, I’ll see you next time, Yuko-san. Have a nice day, Haruna-sama.” Yuki nodded her head in respect.

“Have a nice day…” Kojiharu waved at them as Yuki and Mayu left the village.



On top of a hill

“You called me out?” Chokoku sounded.

“Yup… We haven’t really conversed since our last mission. I never really got the chance to say thank you yet.” Gakuran said.

“Nah… It’s ok. I’m not used to people thanking me for anything…”

“Just accept it already, will you?”

Chokoku then smiled and nodded. “Alright. You’re welcome…”

“You killed the leviathan alone… I’m really impressed, Chokoku.” Gakuran praised.

“The reason why we lost is because we were vulnerable to the heat from the boiling sea. Once I was swallowed, I literally don’t feel the heat any more. I immediately got back my energy, so I told myself, why not kill it from the inside instead.. Well, nothing in this world can survive its guts being torn apart from the inside.”

“Wow… Brutal…”

“It has to be taught a lesson for hurting my family.”

“Your family?” Gakuran frowned.

“You guys are my family, Gakuran… The only family I have left. I can’t let anybody hurt you guys even if I have to die for it. I will not forgive those who hurt my family…”

Gakuran showed a satisfied smile towards Chokoku. “You changed, Chokoku… You finally opened your heart completely.”

“Yea… I have to thank you for that, Gakuran. You’re the one who helped me.”

“You were the one who did it yourself, Chokoku… Not me. I merely convinced you a little. That’s all.”

“Well, whatever it is, I’m glad that I can finally live normally.” Chokoku let out a sigh of relief.

Chokoku then continued,“The sunset here is really beautiful, Gakuran…”

“Yea, I know… It’s beautiful… That’s why I chose this place to meet up with you in particular.” Gakuran stated.

“What do you mean by that?” Chokoku frowned.

Gakuran remained silent for a short while.

“Hey, Chokoku, can I ask you something?” Gakuran sounded all of a sudden.

“Sure. Anything…”

“Before you got swallowed, you told me you were in love… Was it real?”

“I never said anything like that…” Chokoku turned away.

“Yes, you did.” Gakuran insisted.

“No, I didn’t.”

“So, you never liked Otabe because I always stick to her, huh?”

“I didn’t say that either…” Chokoku continued denying.

“Why are you denying this fact?” Gakuran questioned.

Without answering, Chokoku turned her body around, wanting to leave.

Gakuran gripped onto Chokoku’s arm immediately. “Why are you running away, Chokoku?”

“Let go, Gakuran…”

“No. I’m not going to let go until you tell me what’s wrong. You can’t just confess to someone and then leave just like that, leaving that person in confusion. I need to know, Chokoku…” Gakuran stated in a firm manner.

“I…I’m not worth being in your life, Gakuran.”

“What are you talking about, Chokoku?”

“I confessed that time was because I literally thought that I was going to die.” Chokoku explained.

“That still doesn’t explain why you’re trying to run away from me now, Chokoku…”

“You’re a vampire, Gakuran. I’m a werewolf. We’re just not meant to be with one another, you see. I’m afraid of rejection, Gakuran… The world rejected me before, and I’m afraid of it happening all over again. I just can’t go through rejection one more time.”

At this time, Gakuran pulled Chokoku into a hug. “Who’s rejecting you?”

“Let go, Gakuran…” Chokoku tried to pry off Gakuran’s arms.

“No, I won’t!” Gakuran shouted.

“Y-You can’t do this, Gakuran… What about Otabe?”

“I love her as a sister. That’s all. Otabe is the vampire Queen. Even if I wanted to ne in a relationship with her, she will definitely refuse.”

“B-But…” Chokoku was flustered.

“Like I always said, Chokoku… Just accept it. Stop questioning so much, will you?”

Chokoku smiled and finally returned the hug as they embraced themselves for a long time.

"I love you, Gakuran..."

"Me too..."



Hellsing HQ

Nishishi and Akane confronted Lovetan, holding onto the long box which was previously owned by her. “Lovetan, was it? Who’s your master?” Nishishi asked.

“I’m not revealing anything!” Lovetan screamed from within her cell.

Nishishi then unlocked the cell. Without another word, Nishishi stabbed Lovetan on her shoulder.

“Gah!!!!” Lovetan screamed in pain.

“Nishishi, stop! You’re hurting her!” Akane ordered.

“What could you be possibly doing with this katana, Lovetan? I’m asking you nicely, so you better answer me.” Nishishi warned with a loud voice.

This was actually the first time Akane saw Nishishi act like this.

“I…I don’t know…” Lovetan’s statement displeases Nishishi so much that she had to pierce her blade deeper. “Gah!!”

“Nishishi, what are you doing? Stop!” Akane raised her voice.

“You better give me a good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now.” Nishishi’s eyes were concentrated with the intent to kill. Somehow, Nishishi’s glare intimidated Lovetan a lot despite being a demon.

“I…” Lovetan was stunned.

“That katana is the legendary demon blade, Yamata no Orochi, am I right?”



Chapter 14 - I love you
END


Next Chapter : Chapter 15 - The legendary demon blade, Yamata no Orochi