S.2 : Chapter 12 - Water Demon

Supernatural Partner

935859_10201442626924967_788971638_n8.jp

 

Chapter 12 - Water Demon


“When are you going to give that back to me!?” Lovetan pointed at the long box strapped onto Sasshi’s back.

“As I said… I will give you back this thing after the game is finished…” Sasshi replied.

“What game were you talking about?” Lovetan frowned.

“We’re already playing right now…” Sasshi grinned.

“All we’re doing now is just walking around aimlessly in the park!” Lovetan started to raise her voice.

Sasshi stopped in her tracks and smiled at Lovetan. “Ever heard of a dating game before?”

Lovetan was literally shocked by Sasshi’s statement. “W-What!?? You’re crazy!! Give that back to me!!”

Lovetan attempted to leap towards Sasshi to snatch the long box back from her but to no avail as Sasshi managed to spin to the side and held her foot outwards, causing Lovetan to trip and fall down flat on the ground. Feeling a little apologetic about her action, Sasshi kneeled down on one knee and held her hand out to her. “I’m sorry…” 

Instead of grabbing onto Sasshi’s hand, Lovetan stabbed onto Sasshi’s chest with her razor sharp claw. Sasshi looked down onto her chest and sighed. “You know, I just got that stitched back..”

Sasshi then grabbed onto Lovetan’s arm which remained piercing through Sasshi’s chest tightly. Lovetan attempted to pull her arm back but to no avail. Sasshi then asked. “You haven’t answered me… Why did you stalk us, who is your master and why do you want this box back so much?”

“I’m not going to tell you anything!!!” Lovetan continued struggling to remove her arm.

“Then you will not have this box back…”

“No… You can’t do this! You have to give it back to me!!”

“The reason for why a demon badly wants something can never be good… In other words, there’s something really evil confined in this very box, am I right?”

Sasshi’s statement made Lovetan’s eyes widen. “N-No… T-There’s nothing in it…”

“In that case, I can’t return this box back to you…” Sasshi finally removed Lovetan’s arm and stood up.

“Please… You have to give it back to me…” Lovetan begged.

“I can’t do that… I don’t know who your master is, and I don’t know what he will do with this box. I have to bring it back to the headquarters.”

“No, you can’t!!” Lovetan attempted to snatch the box back but to no avail.

“Why are you so persistent!?”

“If I don’t give this to my master, he will kill me!!!!” Lovetan screamed out loud. Sasshi was stunned by Lovetan’s statement.

“I…don’t want to die…” Lovetan sobbed.

At this time, Sasshi unstrapped the box from her back and opened it to take a look. As expected, it was a blade. A regular looking katana to be exact. Sasshi then frowned. “Your master will kill you for this normal looking katana?”

“It’s not a normal katana…” Lovetan finally voiced out.

“Then what is it?”

“This is the…” Before Lovetan could finish her statement, somebody lifted her up by the back of her collar.

“Jurina!” Sasshi was shocked from the presence of both Rena and Jurina.

“Luckily Rena-chan and I were walking around this park as well… What could you possibly be doing with a demon, Sasshi?” Jurina questioned.

“A-An angel!?” Lovetan sounded.

The sight of the katana rested in the box which Sasshi was holding caught Jurina’s attention.

“YOU!!!!” Jurina got angered and summoned her scythe all of a sudden before attempting to swing it towards Lovetan with the intention to kill. Upon noticing, Sasshi grabbed onto Jurina’s scythe to prevent her from landing the strike.

“How dare you, Sasshi!! She’s a demon!” Jurina shouted.

“I don’t care if she’s a demon! She did not harm us at all!” Sasshi raised her voice.

“A demon will forever be a demon! Evil is in their nature! Do you even know what that katana was!?” Jurina held onto Sasshi’s collar.

“I don’t care what that katana is or what it does! You were a demon once as well! Did Rena discard you that time, huh?”

“Rena-chan already knew me well enough that time! We still don’t know about this little demon much! She might have other plans up her sleeves!”

Rena immediately separated both of them from the scuffle. “Stop it, you guys!”

“Rena-chan! That girl is a demon! She had been stalking us for quite some time! Don’t think I never noticed you were stalking us. I knew about it…” Jurina glared strongly at Lovetan.

“She’s innocent… She was forced to do everything she is doing now.” Sasshi explained.

“What, suddenly you became her best friend?” Jurina got angry all over again.

“Quiet, both of you! We’ll bring both the katana and this demon back to the headquarters first.” Rena ordered.

“By the way, her name is Lovetan. Not demon.” Sasshi said.

“…” Lovetan remained silent as she was being teleported back to the headquarters by Jurina along with Rena and Sasshi.




Hellsing HQ

“Where were you been!!? We had an emergency here!” Mayu sounded as soon as the group teleported back to the headquarters.

“What’s wrong?” Rena asked. Before Mayu answered, the sight of Lovetan caught her attention. “Errr… Who’s that supposed to be?”

“It’s a demon.” Jurina sounded.

“You brought a demon back to the headquarters!?” Mayu raised her eyebrows.

“We have to interrogate her about a lot of things.” Jurina answered.

“Alright, whatever.. We have something more urgent than this little demon.” Mayu said.

“Wait… What could be more important than a demon!?” Jurina sounded.

“A larger demon.” Mayu emotionlessly said.

“Oh..” Jurina raised both her eyebrows.

“What about it?”

“There have been a sighting of a demon that resides somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Strange though… These demons started to appear quite frequently.” Mayu frowned.

“So, we have to fight it under the sea?” Rena asked.

“Basically, yes. You have to be careful, though. The sea is its territory. Who knows what it might do. So, unless you can hold your breath forever, I suggest you coat yourself with something to help you to breathe under water, because this is going to be a looooooooooong fight. Yuki, Gakuran and Chokoku already left for the mission. They’re still searching for the leviathan in the Pacific Ocean.”

“Easy for me… I don’t even have to breathe.” Sasshi said.

“As for you… Don’t think you can get away with anything…” Jurina glared at Lovetan from up close.

“Sasshi, take her to the cell. We’ll have to contain her for the moment until we come back from the mission.” Rena ordered.

“Got it.” Sasshi brought Lovetan to her cell. The cell was made out of glass. Not an ordinary glass though.

“So, that was your game!! To trap me here! You tricked me! You never meant to give that blade back to me!!” Lovetan screamed at Sasshi from within her cell.

“No, I didn’t! I was going to give it back to you!” Sasshi replied.

“Shut up! This cell will not contain me forever! I will get out from this place, and I will kill all of you!!!” Lovetan’s eyes glowed red, being angered so much in this betrayal.

“Too bad, there is no way for you to get out from this cell. It was used to contain something far more powerful than the likes of you… It was used to contain me in my demon form.” Jurina explained.

“Enough, Jurina. We have to go now…” Rena pulled Jurina away from the cell.

“Rena, Jurina… Let me clear some things up first before I leave.” Sasshi said.

“What’s there to clear up with a demon?” Jurina asked before getting pulled away once again by Rena.

“Alright. Make it fast. We still have to aid Yuki, Chokoku and Gakuran. As for now, this blade will be under the supervision of Akane herself.” Rena said as both of them left the room.

“I’m really sorry. Please forgive me. I never thought that things could end up like this.” Sasshi explained.

“You’re a liar! You’re no different than a demon yourself! You’re the enemy… I regretted making any deal with you…” Lovetan continued screaming.

“I wasn’t lying. I really was going to give the blade back to you.”

“I still don’t believe you! You had no reason to keep the promise. I’m a demon! I’m from the evil side.”

“I fell in love with you.” A CONFESSION!! Sasshi went straight to the point.

“Eh?” Lovetan’s eyes widened.

“It was love at first sight…”

“Eh!? Of everyone else, why me? W-Why would you f-f-f-fall in love with a demon!?”

“I’m not sure either… There’s something about you that reminds me of my life when I was still alive.”

“I… don’t know what to say…”

“Well, I’ve said what I wanted to say. I better get going now.” Sasshi turned her body around to leave.

“W-Wait!” Lovetan called out suddenly.

“What is it?” Sasshi turned around and questioned.

“The demon you’re hunting for right now is a leviathan… That’s the only demon residing the Pacific Ocean. It’s the assistant of one of the four great demon generals.” Lovetan said.

“Assistant of a demon general?”

“Yes. Every demon general has an assistant. Even the Doom you guys fought before this was an assistant of one of the generals as well. The four demon generals are the four most powerful demons after our late Demon King.”

“I’m more concerned about this mission for now. You said leviathan. You mean like the mythical creature leviathan?” Sasshi frowned.

Lovetan nodded. “Its scales are extremely hard, beyond comparison to even steel.”

“A demon with an incredible high defense, huh? What more we have to battle it under water. This is going to be a little troublesome…”

“Please be careful…”

“Be careful?? What makes you change your attitude all of a sudden? A few moments ago, you still wanted to kill me. Was it because of the confession?” Sasshi frowned.

“N-No!!!” Lovetan’s face became red.

“I see… Even demons do still feel love…” Sasshi smiled.

“Just go already!!” Lovetan’s face reddened even more.

“Don’t worry… I’ll be extra careful…” Sasshi gave a smile of satisfaction before exiting the room. 

“Are you ready?” Mayu asked.

“Yup…” Sasshi nodded.

“I wanted to follow, but Yuki doesn’t allow me. She said that I wasn’t fully recovered yet…”

“Yea.. I can see that… Too bad you didn’t die, though.. Or else I would want to add you into my vampire zombie collections.” Sasshi smiled.

“Excuse me!?” Mayu got stunned.

“Pfft… I was just kidding…”

“Phew… Well, whatever it is… Take this earpiece and micro camera. Everybody in the team already had one. The earpiece allows all of you to communicate with me. Then strap the micro camera to your collar. This allows me to see everything Team Rena is seeing from the perspective of everyone. I will monitor all of you from the headquarters. Good luck” Mayu explained.

“Got it…” Sasshi then walked out of the entrance to be greeted by Rena and Jurina.

“Wow… I’m surprised.. This time, you guys really did wait for me. It makes me want to cry.” Sasshi smiled brightly.

“We told you that we will never leave you out of a mission alone, right?” Rena said.

“Let’s go.” Jurina grabbed Sasshi and Rena’s shoulder and teleported away from the scene.



Deep in the Pacific Ocean

“It’s really dark here isn’t it…” Gakuran stated.

“Let me brighten it up a little.” Chokoku released the gold aura coating her body even more to lighten up the area.

“For some reason, I feel all my limbs are getting numb.” Gakuran said.

“That’s because we’re at least about 5 kilometers below sea level already, Gakuran-sama. Even with our whole body coated with aura, the tremendous water pressure still affects us.” Yuki replied.

“Yea… And we have to fight this demon while our limbs are numb? We’ll lose right away.” Gakuran said.

“We have to try somehow…” Chokoku answered. Something caught Chokoku’s attention. “Hey… There’s a cave over there.

“Why is there a cave 5 kilometers below sea level?” Yuki frowned.

“Well, only one way to find out… Let’s check it out.” The three of them swam towards the cave and entered it slowly.

“Wow. It’s even darker in here. Even with Chokoku’s aura, it doesn’t seem to brighten up the cave much.” Gakuran stated.

“Guys, can you hear me?” Mayu sounded from their earpiece.

“Yup…” Yuki answered cutely.

“Awww… Yuki… You’re so cute when you speak like this…” Mayu said, causing Yuki to giggle.

“We’re 5 kilometers below sea level, captain. Please concentrate. I don’t want to lose my life here. Leave the lovey-dovey moments when we came back safely.” Chokoku stated.

“Oh, right… Be careful when you enter this cave. From the geographical mapping of the Pacific Ocean, I have never seen a cave as deep as this before. So, if my theory is correct, this cave is the lair of the water demon we’re searching for.” Mayu explained.

As soon as Mayu finished her explanation, an extremely loud roar is heard from deep within the cave. Yuki sounded. “Well, seems like you’re right about this, Nezumi-sama… There is not one creature in the world that could roar under water.”

“Let’s enter this cave…” The three of them continued their way into the dark cave despite their sight is limited.

As they continued their way, all three of them got blown out of the cave by an immense shockwave of air. At that time, the loud roar is heard again as something huge swam out of the cave. Something really HUGE.

“What in the world…” The sight of the huge monster emerging from the cave shocked all three of them.

“I-It’s a leviathan… It’s huge…” Mayu sounded as she looked at the screen projected from three of their cameras. Comparing their size to the leviathan, the three of them are of the size of a pea. It has scythes as its arms.





It then growled. “Ah… You three seem familiar… You’re the ones who defeated Doom…"

“How did you know?” Gakuran asked.

“The death of Doom caught the attention of the demon generals… That’s why my master sent me out…” The leviathan growled.

“Like I care who sent you out. We will end your life right here.” Chokoku stated.

“That’s if you are faster than me…” It grinned. In just mere seconds, the leviathan was already out of sight.

“What!? Where did it go?” All three of them were shocked. Before they knew it, all three of them were smacked by its tentacles.

“The sea is my territory… There is no way you will be faster than me in the sea…” It grinned.

“Tch- We vampires are fast as well!” Gakuran propelled herself towards the leviathan to land a punch, but to no avail as the leviathan disappeared immediately.

“Even for something that big, its movements are extremely fast! I can barely read its movements.” Yuki said.

The leviathan appeared behind Yuki and shot a shockwave of air from its mouth, blasting her away. At this time, Gakuran propelled herself behind it and managed to catch it off guard. Gakuran increased the concentration of her aura and attempted to land a powerful punch on its face. Upon noticing, it released a demonic aura from its body that stunned Gakuran and immediately used its tentacle and smack her away.

“Tch- Even its reactions are fast!” Gakuran said.

Without a moment of hesitation, it sped towards Chokoku with an immense speed and swinged two of its tentacle towards her. Upon impact, Chokoku withstood the pain while increasing her gold aura concentration and managed to grab hold on both its tentacles before grinning.

“Gotcha…”



Chapter 12 - Water Demon
END



Next Chapter : Chapter 13 - Boil