S.2 : Chapter 31 - Final Chapter

Supernatural Partner



Chapter 31 - Final Chapter

“What is the meaning of this, Jurina?”

“That’s just how it works, Rena-chan..”

“You.....hid this secret from me?”

“I’m sorry, Rena-chan.. I knew you wouldn’t allow me to use the final phase of the Angel Trigger if you knew what would happen to me..”

Rena punched the wall. “Damn it! I should have seen it coming! I knew your powers were just too good to be true! Powers like that always comes with a price..”

“I’m sorry to have kept this a secre-”

Rena did not let Jurina finish her sentence. “Why do you always keep secrets from me, Jurina? Huh? What do you take me as? A stranger?”

“No, Rena-chan..”

“Do you know how I’m feeling right now, Jurina?”

Jurina nodded silently.

“No you don’t, Jurina..” Rena went straight to the point. “You don’t..”

Jurina was of course speechless, as nothing she says now could make Rena feel any better.

Rena faced down to the ground, speechless. “....”

“Don’t worry, Rena.. You’ll be-”

Rena silenced Jurina with a slap on the right cheek, shocking her. Rena sobbed a little as tears started blurring her eyes. Her hands were trembling. “I’ll be okay.. Is that what you want me to say? I can live on without you.. Is that what you want me to say as well?”

Jurina covered her right cheek and looked right into Rena’s eyes. She saw the look of complete desolation in Rena’s eyes. “Rena-chan..”

“I feel betrayed, Jurina.. You acted by your own selfishness and left us once without informing us about it, but fine! I’ll let that slip.. Now, you’re acting on your own accord again...without informing us about this again... I feel really sad, Jurina...” A tear rolled down Rena’s cheek.

“We were losing, Rena-chan! If I had not used the final phase, we would have been dead!” Jurina explained.

Rena looked away. Rena knew Jurina’s action was the only way that would work against the Yamata no Orochi.

“I know I’m selfish, Rena-chan.. But you can’t depend on me forever.. Someday, we will be separated from one another..”

Rena said in a soft tone that melted Jurina’s heart right away. “But now’s too early for that, Jurina.. I’d rather wait for that someday to come than to see you leave with my own eyes, Jurina.. At least we will be able to spend more time together..”

“Rena-chan...” Jurina’s eyes teared up.

“So, what now?” Rena asked softly.

“I have a gift for you, Rena-chan... Something I kept with me for quite some time.” Jurina reached for her pocket and took out a ring.

Rena covered in shock. “Jurina...”

Jurina grabbed onto Rena’s hand and slid it into her ring finger slowly.

“I never really gave you any cool presents in my life before... This is probably the first time I gave you something fancy.”

“Oh, Jurina..” Rena hugged Jurina tightly. “I don’t need anything fancy.. I love it. I will treasure it more than my own life.. It’s just...like in my dreams..”

“In your dream? What dream?”

“On the night when you left Hellsing for the Demon General’s Castle, I dreamt that you gave me a ring.. Just like this one..” Rena smiled and traced her finger on the ring.

“You dreamt that I gave you a ring?” Jurina giggled.

Rena nodded and smile sweetly. Rena tightened the hug. Jurina was a little surprised. “R-Rena-chan?”

“Jurina? I want us to stay like this...”

Jurina could only smile and return the hug. The both of them embraced each other silently for a long time.

Rena then broke the silence. “Nee, Jurina... Do you remember that time when you were mad at me because I cared for the melon pan more than you?”

Jurina giggled and played with Rena’s hair. “Of course... Melon pan’s your life, right?”

They became silent once again, just embracing in each other’s arms. No words were needed for their situation right now.

A bright light appeared from the sky and slowly shone brightly on Jurina. 

“No, Jurina!” Rena hugged Jurina tightly and started crying again.

“It’s time to let go, Rena-chan...” Jurina’s body started glowing and shimmering.

“I don’t wanna let go, Jurina!”

“Rena-chan, please...”

Rena started crying her heart out. “I’ll give you all my melon pans! I don’t want them anymore! You can take them all! Just don’t go!”

“Rena-chan... There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept... Things we don’t want to know but have to learn... And people we can’t live without but have to let go... If you do not go through this at least once in your life, you will never be able to live life to the fullest..”

“But I don’t want you to leave, Jurina.. I love you!” Rena whimpered on Jurina’s shoulder.

Jurina bit her lips and held in her tears. “I understand, Rena-chan... But sometimes we just need acceptance more than understanding...”

Jurina pulled Rena away from the hug and gripped onto both her hands tightly. “You can continue living on without me, Rena-chan.. Don’t you let this stop you from doing what you love... I know you love hunting for rogue supernaturals with me as a team, Rena-chan. And if you stop hunting just because I leave, I will be very disappointed in you.”

Jurina then leaned in towards Rena’s lips for one last kiss. They had the longest kiss ever. Not too rough, not too soft, but a very passionate one. It was as if time stopped at that moment their lips crashed onto each other.

Rena finally pulled away and smiled. “That......was the best kiss ever..”

“You’re a strong girl, Rena-chan...” Jurina smiled. “The world will not end just because of my absence.... It’s just a new beginning.”

“I....will stay strong, Jurina..... For you...” Rena bit her lips and faced down.

Jurina caressed Rena’s face softly and wiped off her tears. “Don’t cry, Rena-chan.. I want to see you happy all the time. See me off with a smile so I can remember your pretty face. Remember.. You will never be alone in any place. I’m right here above you. I might be somewhere far away but yet I’m right beside you everyday. Right here, in your heart.” Jurina landed a finger on Rena’s chest. “This may be goodbye, but someday you will join me in the sky as well. Everything must end but then again, new beginnings will come again and again.... Goodbye, Rena-chan.. I will love you forever.” Jurina landed a kiss on her ring as she ascended slowly to the light above.

Rena wiped off her tears again and again while gritting her own teeth as she looked at Jurina. She waved back at Jurina. “Goodbye, Jurina. I will love you forever as well..”

Didn’t take long till the bright light was gone. Rena wiped the final teardrop off her eyes. “I’m glad that I was once in love with you, Jurina.” Rena looked up into the sky and smiled. She then closed her eyes and put her hands together as an act of playing. “Please, angels of the sky.. Take care of Jurina for me.. And tell her that I’ll be fine.. I will move on with my life for her sake.”

As soon as Rena opened her eyes, a bright rainbow shone across the sky. “They....actually heard me..” Rena smiled excitedly.

Rena then inhaled the fresh air around her. “Watch over me from above, Jurina..”



One month later

“Man, time really flies, huh..” Mayu sat herself on the couch and yawned.

“Yea, I guess..” Rena shrugged. “Just two weeks ago, you were released from the hospital and now, you’re sitting down here yawning in front of my face..”

“Excuse me? What are you trying to imply?”

“I am simply implying that you have been through a near death experience and yet you still look so calm right now. Usually people would have a traumatic breakdown after recovering from a near death experience.”

“I have a good brain. Nothing can traumatize me.... Well, except for that time when I had some rough with Yuki and she almost bit my whole neck off. I was bleeding a lot, I thought that I would die from blood loss. Now, THAT is traumatizing..”

“My gosh.. You almost died from making love with Yuki?” Rena’s face looked a little disgusted.

“Doesn’t matter. Had .” Mayu could proudly utter these words out loud.

Rena’s face shriveled in disgust. “Yuck! And yet you seem proud about it. Who the hell makes love as rough as you guys?”

Mayu pointed at Rena. “Oho.. Now you say that our vampire love making is disgusting. The last time I remember, you and Jurina were eating popcorns while watching us!” Realizing that she said a taboo name, Mayu immediately apologized. “I-I’m sorry, Rena.. I didn’t mean to..”

“You didn’t mean to what? Say Jurina’s name?” Rena finished off Mayu’s statement.

“Well, yea..” Mayu scratched her head.

“Oh come on, Mayu.. I’m not even mad at all... Even though Jurina’s not with me, I know she is always watching me from above..” Rena smiled.

“Hmm.. You seem to have a really positive mind about Jurina leaving.” 

“Yea... I guess so.. I’m surprised myself.” Rena scratched her head.

“According to my knowledge, people will usually weep their hearts out after losing their loved one..” Mayu stated her point.

“What, you think my life story will end with ‘They lived happily ever after’ like those Disney movies? No. And for your information, I’m doing pretty well without Jurina. Heck, I’m doing even better than before!”

Mayu shook her head. “Tsk tsk tsk... Jurina must be so disappointed if she heard this from you..”

“You know what, Mayu? If you have nothing nice to say, buzz off..” Rena did the hand gesture, implying Mayu to stay away from her.

Mayu then immediately glomped onto Yuki’s chest and complained in a whiny tone. “Yuki.... Rena told me to buzz off.”

“Well, Nezumi-sama.. You were bothering Rena-sama.. What can I say?” Yuki giggled while patting Mayu’s head.

“Yuki.... You’re supposed to be on my side..” Mayu pouted.

“You know, Mayu.. Maybe it’s not about the happy ending. Maybe it’s about the story..” Rena smiled.

Mayu blinked her eyes a few times and her eyes widened at Rena. “Wow, that’s deep.”

“I’m actually ‘deeper’ than you think, Mayu.. Don’t always look down on other people’s intelligence..” Rena giggled.

“Well, not only me, Yuki looked down on werewolves’ intelligence as well..” Mayu poked Yuki’s face.

“Hmm.. Talking about werewolves, I wonder what Chokoku is doing now..” Rena asked.

“Who knows? After our final demon mission, Sasshi, Gakuran and Chokoku quit as Hellsing hunters.. Well, they only join because of the demons attack.. Now that we do not have demon problems anymore, they would have no reason to stay here any longer..” Mayu shrugged.

“Hmm... True..”

“As a matter of fact, Nezumi-sama... I do know where Chokoku is..” Yuki voiced out.

“Wait, you do? Why would you know that?” Mayu frowned.

“That’s because I know Chokoku is definitely with Gakuran-sama, and I happen to know where Gakuran-sama is..” Yuki smiled.

“........” Mayu pouted.

“Oh, would you look at this pouty little mouse beaming with jealousy..” Rena laughed.

“Shut up, Rena.. And may I ask how do you know where that Gakuran is, Yuki?” Mayu asked.

“Have you forgotten, Nezumi-sama? We were close..”

“Close? I thought you never talk to her anymore.”

“Well, that’s what you want to assume, Nezumi-sama..” Yuki giggled, followed by Rena’s laughter once again.

After some satisfying laughter, Rena asked. “So, how have they been? Good?”

“Gakuran-sama and Chokoku went on a journey around the world. With permission from Otabe-sama of course..” Yuki explained.

“Journey around the world? What for? Honeymoon?” Rena giggled.

Yuki faked a laugh and scratched her head. “Well, not really... Chokoku wanted to form a new clan of her own. So she went to seek out tough and strong werewolves all over the world and challenged them to a fight. Gakuran-sama offered to help as well.”

“Can’t she just come back to her old clan?” Rena asked.

“Even if Sado and Yuko-san were to allow her back into the clan, Chokoku still wouldn’t want to come back. She has a really strong character. She rather form a clan of her own.”

“I see... What about Sasshi, then?”

Mayu smacked her own head. “Oh gosh, Rena. You’re so slow! Haven’t you heard about it?”

“Heard what?” Rena frowned.

Mayu took out the newspaper and showed it to Rena. Rena grabbed it and read the headlines.

‘Zombie Lord Sashihara Rino back as the center of the national cheer team!’

There was a picture of Sasshi showing the peace sign while smiling widely and Team Hormone standing behind her.

“She sure looks happy.. It’s good to see that Even Sasshi had moved on from Lovetan’s death..” Rena smiled.

A voice suddenly echoed in the P.A system. “We have an emergency. Some rogue lycans were seen terrorizing the people in the city.”

“What? There are still some lycans terrorizing the town? Damn, they’ve never heard of Hellsing before, I think..” Mayu shook her head.

“Well, werewolves are werewolves... They’re lack of intellegence..” Yuki stood up and slowly walked towards the exit. 

Mayu hopped up from her seat and followed Yuki behind. “It’s time to kick some lycan’s ..”

Rena remained sitting down. She looked at the ring given by Jurina and caressed it. All the memories come flowing into her mind as she closed her eyes slowly.

Mayu turned her head back and looked at Rena. “Rena? Are you coming along?”

With Mayu’s sentence echoing into her ears, she smiled and raised her fist high up into the sky. “Look after me, Jurina.”


In the city

“Your size is perfect for my lunch..” The lycan grabbed onto a woman and opened its jaws wide to eat the woman. 

“KYAAA!!!! Help me!!” The woman screamed her lungs out.

“Erm... Excuse me...” A finger tapped on the lycan’s shoulder. 

“Hmmm?” The lycan turned around only to be met up with a high speed kick that crushed its face completely with a single strike and smashed through the wall.

The other lycans couldn’t even grasp the situation. They blinked their eyes for a while before coming to their senses. Mayu dusted off her feet and smiled back at them. “What? Why are you guys looking at me like this? I did nothing.. It was this lycan here who knocked the bottom of my feet itself.”

“Stop taking us as fools!! You definitely kicked him!” One of the lycans growled back at Mayu angrily.

“Filthy beasts..” Yuki scoffed.

“Don’t think because you knocked one of our comrades out, we will be afraid. He was the weakest among us! We are different! We’re as strong as Chokoku!” It growled again.

As soon as the lycan finished its sentence, Yuki appeared right in front of its face and landed a punch so powerful, it got blasted away into the sky, never to be seen again. Yuki scoffed. “You’re a million years too early to compare yourself with Chokoku. Chokoku’s power was even greater than mine.. You can’t even stand a single punch from me, and you dare compare yourself with Chokoku.” 

Somewhere far away, Chokoku suddenly sneezes. “Somebody must be talking about me.”

“You guys have sinned badly by using your identity as supernatural being for harming and killing the innocents.. As you all know, this kind of sin is only punishable by one way..... death.” Rena draw out her sword.

“Tch- You think 3 little girls like you will be able to take us all on? We have more than 20 lycans here!” The pack of werewolves laughed their hearts out.

Mayu, Yuki and Rena exchange glances and looked back at the laughing pack of wolves.

Rena took out her sword and looked at Mayu. “A 3 little girls, he said...”

Mayu stretched her hands and legs. “I don’t think they’re well aware of who we are..”

Yuki cracked her neck and fingers. “Or where we came from..”

“You’re right, Yuki.. Werewolves never learn..” Rena shook her head.

“Told ya.. It’s been some time since I last had a normal mission.” Yuki clenched her fist.

Mayu looked back at the lycans and grinned widely. “I’m afraid you messed with the wrong people today, wolves....”

“I could tell you who we are and where we’re from..” Rena laid her sword on her shoulder. “But it’s not like you’ll be alive to remember it anyway....”

*SUPER DRAMATIC ACTION MUSIC*



Chapter 31 - Final Chapter
END



So, that's the final chapter of my fic, people~
BUT~~ There is still an epilogue for this fic~
The epilogue will feature back all Demon Generals.. and the new Demon King... Surprised?
Stay tuned for the epilogue then~  :P :P :P

And Thank You for staying with my fic for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long..
I really appreciate it.. Till the next chapter, CHIAOZ~~