S.2 : Special Chapter - Demon General's History

Supernatural Partner

jurinablack222-ver22.png?w=487

 

Special Chapter - Demon General's History


“Is that all you can do, Umeda? If this continues, you will lose all your chances to be a Demon General.” The man stood in front of the already tired Umeda. Maybe because she’s still a young demon, she couldn’t stand the destructive power of a Demon General yet. She was literally sweating buckets. The man snickered. “What’s the matter? Tired already?”

“I’m still far from tired, you old fart!” Umeda stood up and glared right back at the man.

The man snickered at Umeda’s statement. “How polite of you to address me as an old fart. I watch you grow up with my own eyes.”

“Yea.. And that does not mean anything. Just get back to the training!”

“Okay then.. Let’s get back to our training.. Your only task is to touch me. You already spent 5 hours and yet you can’t even get close to me. Is it really so difficult? This is your last chance, Umeda. If you fail, I might even end up burning you alive.” The man sneered at the young demon.

Feeling insulted, Umeda leaped towards the man and attempted a punch. The man immediately raised his arm and shot out a lot of fireballs at her direction. Not just a lot. At a gatling gun rate as well. This caused Umeda to continue dodging all the fireballs before getting grazed at her shoulder once again. It was scorching pain for Umeda. The series of fireballs does not stop and they were headed straight for the helpless young demon.

A female figure appeared in front of Umeda and unsheathed her katana. Her katana looked completely blunt. One slash and all the fireballs got deflected away, blasting the walls instead. She then sheathed her katana back into the cover. She spoke up to the man. “That’s enough, Caym. At this rate, you’ll end up killing her instead of training her.” 

Caym let out a smile of satisfaction. “So, it’s you, Sayanee.. I should have known. You’re the only one who can deflect my fireballs away..”

“Now’s not the time to be impressed with my skills.. You know.. You really should change your style of training. You’re pushing them way too hard. You even accidentally killed a few Demon General candidates before this. They are supposed to train.. Not being killed by you.” Sayanee lectured.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that they are not capable of my level yet.” Caym replied sarcastically.

Sayanee sighed. “We’re both Demon Generals. Of course they are not capable of our level yet. That’s the reason why they have to train.”

“Hey, Kumi was good. Well, she’s really lazy.. But she has potential.” Caym exclaimed.

“Kumi is different. Her powers can be activated from a distance. Umeda is specialized in hand-to-hand combat. So she’s in a disadvantage against you.. A range type.”

Caym held both his hands up. “Okay. Okay. Fine. You win. Geez.. You are so strict at times.”

Sayanee shook her head before looking at Umeda’s direction. “Tell me you’re still alive..”

“Y-You must be kidding. T-That wasn’t e-enough to take me down...” Umeda lost consciousness right after her statement.

This made Sayanee glare at Caym. “You see what I mean?”

Caym just shrugged at Sayanee’s statement. “Hey, you do know what my name means, right? It’s The Grand President of Hell. In other words, I’m the president. I do whatever I want.”

“The Grand President of Hell is just a name. You’re not a real president. Deal with it.” Sayanee carried Umeda.

“You’re carrying her now? Hey, you know what? You should totally get an assistant. So, you don’t have to do all these carrying job all by yourself.” Caym exclaimed.

“I will... Soon.” Sayanee soon left the room, leaving Caym in the room.

Something then caught the attention of Caym. He crossed his arm and looked towards the wall and smiled. “I can still see you. Come on out.. Don’t be shy..”

“...”

“There’s no use keeping silent while camouflaging behind your barrier, Annin. I can still sense you. Now, come on out.” Caym said in a fatherly tone.

A head of a girl popped out from behind the barrier and smiled. “Oops... I was found out.”

The girl ran towards Caym and hugged him. From the looks of it, she looked like a 6 year old girl. “It’s nice to see you again, Caym-sama..”

Caym returned the hug and smiled. “Hey, kiddo. How many times must I tell you to drop the -sama and call me uncle instead, hmm? I was close to your dad. So, please do call me uncle instead.”

“I.. Forgot.. Uncle Caym..” Annin smiled and scratched her head.

Caym patted Annin’s head. “Good. Now let’s keep it as uncle from now on, okay?”

Annin nodded her head cutely.

“So... Mind telling me what were you doing, hiding behind the barrier and spying on us?”

“I...Erm..You see...She....Umeda...No no no...Caym-sama...No, that ain’t right...uncle...I....erm...was....well....” Annin rolled her eyes left to right, trying to think of an explanation.

Caym laughed at Annin’s blabbering and stuttering. A kid stuttering like this really does amaze him a lot. He just finds her adorable. “Hey, hey... Calm down now. I’m not gonna eat you up. Just speak up.”

“Well... I was looking at you, uncle... You looked so cool when you’re fighting. Y-You know how much I look up on you..” Annin stated in awe.

“Yes, I know...” Caym smiled and ruffled Annin’s hair. Anyone who has a daughter as cute as Annin really does make Caym happy. He then lost his smile for a moment, remembering something.

“Uncle? What’s wrong? You don’t look so good.” Annin asked.

Caym regained his smile and kneeled down to Annin’s level. “Hey, can you keep a secret for me Annin?”

“Of course..” Annin smiled.

“Truthfully, I’m expecting a daughter quite soon.” Caym said in a bitter smile.

“Wow, that’s really nice to hear, uncle!” Annin became excited.

“Yea... That’s....nice to hear..” Caym faked a smile.

“So where is she now?” Annin asked excitedly.

“She’s still in her mother’s stomach, silly..” Caym ruffled Annin’s hair.

“Oh right...” Annin scratched her head.

Caym let out a deep breath. “Annin, listen to me, ok? If I were to...erm...not able to take care of my daughter under certain circumstances, will you help me take care of her?”

“But she’s still in the mother’s tummy.” Annin said in a cute voice.

Caym giggled a little at Annin’s statement. “No, what I meant is after she is born. Not now.”

“Huh? Why? Where are you going after your daughter is born? Are you going to abandon your responsibility as a father?”

Caym rolled his eyes and thought to himself. “Wow, this little girl is naive in almost everything but she ranks first in judging other people...” Caym of course giggled at Annin’s statement. “Not that I’m not responsible or anything, Annin.. It’s just that...I might be on a very long trip to a far away land. I may not be able to come back..”

Annin asked again in her cute and innocent tone. “Why? Did the mommy kick you out of the house?”

Caym smacked himself on the head and thought. “Man, what is wrong with this girl??”

A voice echoed in the halls, attracting both Caym and Annin’s attention. “Annin. It’s past your bed time. Go back to your room now.”

“Sayanee-sama...” Annin stood up and bowed her head in respect. “I have to go sleep now, uncle.. Good night.” Annin landed a peck on Caym’s cheek. Annin then whispered at Caym’s ear. “Don’t worry, uncle.. Your secret is safe with me. And I will take good care of your daughter if we ever meet in the future.” Right after whispering, Annin jogged back into her room with her little footsteps.

After seeing Annin back into her room, Sayanee looked at Caym. He just stood up as if nothing happened and looked back at Sayanee. “What?”

“Let’s talk, Caym..” Sayanee suggested.

“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about, Sayanee. I’m tired. I should be heading back to my room now.” Caym started making a move before Sayanee voiced out.

“Sit down, Caym..”

“Huh?”

“I said sit....down....” There was something about Sayanee that truely intimidate Caym a lot. So, he just followed her orders.

“Okay.. What do you want to talk about?”

Sayanee shook her head. “Don’t act dumb with me, Caym. You know what I want to talk about.”

Caym looked up at Sayanee. “My vacation?”

Sayanee shook her head once again. “No. The angel...”

“I know what you’re trying to tell me, Sayanee.. I loved her more than anything in the world. And that is a fact that will never change.” Caym stood up from his seat.

“It’s only a matter of time till the Demon King finds out about this matter. You can’t hide this forever.”

“Yes, I know, Sayanee.. Just keep this between us for now.. My daughter must live.”

“Just keep it between us? Caym, we stayed in this castle together for more than a thousand years. I know you very well. You were better than this.. You’re not a man who will hide from your mistakes.”

“Love knows no boundaries, Sayanee..”

“Tell that to the Demon King when he finds out about this. You are a demon and yet you had an affair with an angel... That is the worst rule to break. And what more you even had a child with that angel. That child of yours is not supposed to exist.”

“What am I supposed to do then? You don’t expect me to kill my own daughter even before she is born?”

“She’ll be rejected by both worlds, Caym. Neither the heavens or the hell will accept her mixed blood.”

“Then just let her live on the earth. Like a human.”

“...” Sayanee became lost for words.

“Please, Sayanee.. At least keep it a secret till my daughter is born. Just a few more days... Then I will surrender myself.” Caym lowered his knee wanting to beg Sayanee even further. Before he could kneel down completely, the tip of Sayanee’s katana was already touching his neck.

“I will not allow you to kneel before me, Caym..” Sayanee shook her head. “Not you.. Stand now or I will cut you up if you kneel.”

“I guess there has to be a strong reason for a respectable demon like you to kneel before me..”

“Though there may be another reason as to why I am even bowing before you... You should know..” Caym looked at Sayanee.

“Now’s not the time to talk about that.” Sayanee sighed. “Fine.. I’ll keep it between us for now.. Then after your daughter is born?”

“You don’t have to worry about that, Sayanee.. I just want to live long enough to know that my daughter is born safe and sound. I will not run away from my punishment. I promise.”

Sayanee nodded her head. “That’s good to hear then. You’re a respectable man, Caym. Goofy most of the times, but an honorable Demon General. No wonder Annin likes you a lot..”

“Of course I am respectable. As you said, Sayanee.. We lived together for more than a thousand years. You should know I never run away from my responsibilities..”

Sayanee smiled. “So, did you name her yet?”

“Name, huh.. Yea, we thought of it before.. Since she will be a nephilim... A hybrid of an angel and a demon... She will soon reign above all angels and all demons, standing in the center of both heavens and hell. Her name...will be Center.”

“Center... That’s a nice name.” Sayanee smiled and nodded.

“Yea.. I know right.. But still.. Who knows what might happen in the future.. She might end up going against the demons.. Or she might even end up leading the demons. Only future can tell..”



Few days later

Caym paced left to right, right to left, sighing again and again. “Damn it, where is Kumi? It’s supposed to be her training now.”

“Ano....” A voice of a cute girl sounded from behind Caym.

Being a little impatient, he looked back at the owner of the voice in anger. “What!?”

“C-C-Caym s-s-sama....” the girl hid behind another girl.

“H-Hey! Why did you hide behind me! Come out!”

“No, you go explain to him!”

“We’re going to explain it together.”

Caym stopped their argument immediately. “Enough! Both of you.. Who are you and what do you two want from me?”

“M-My name is Yuria..” said the girl behind.

“My name is Kanon.” said the girl in front.

“Yuria and Kanon. Yea, ok. What do you want from me?”

“Well.. We’re here to inform you that...erm...Kumi-sama didn’t want to come.” Kanon smiled fakely.

“She said she wanted to sleep.” Yuria continued.

“So she doesn’t want to come because she wanted to sleep?”

“Yea.. She took a bunch of bananas into her room and said that she wanted to sleep.”

“She told us to inform you about it..”

“That Kumi... She has to get rid of her laziness or she will never step up as a general. I guess she’s at that rebellious age.” Caym sighed.

“Kumi-sama is at her rebellious age?” Yuria looked at Kanon. Kanon merely shrugged.

“Yes.. Probably about 500 years old or so.. Kumi’s around that age. So I could understand if she doesn’t want to come.” Caym sighed once again.

Something caught Caym’s attention. “Wait a minute.. Who are you two again?”

“It’s Kanon and Yuria, Caym-sama..”

“No no... What are you two even doing in this castle? From what I know, only the Demon Generals, their assistants and candidates for the next Demon General are allowed in this castle.” Caym crossed his arms.

“Well....” Yuria scratched her head.

“Well? Spit it out or I may end up ripping both of you apart.” Caym said.

“E-Eh???????” Kanon and Yuria’s eyes widened. Both of them kneeled down immediately.

“Kill her! Kill her!” Yuria pointed at Kanon.

“Oi oi! What do you mean kill me!? Kill her!” Kanon pointed at Yuria.

Caym’s eyes turned firey red and sharp fangs emerged from his mouth. He bend down and moved his face close to both of them and let out the most evil grin ever. “Answer me and I won’t devour you..”

Caym’s demonic voice scared both of them so much that they started crying. Of course they would. Calculating using human age, both Kanon and Yuria are only of a six year old child. About Annin’s age. Of course they would be afraid.

“Gomen! Gomen!” A girl wearing leather gloves came running in through the door and rushed towards them. She hugged both of them in her arms while looking at Caym. “Please forgive me, Caym-sama. I forgot to tell you about them. They’re my errand girls. They do things for me.”

“Kumi-sama!!” Both Kanon and Yuria hugged Kumi tightly and continued crying.

“So.. Errand girls... Fine then. They’re free to leave.” Caym stated.

“Ok, both of you are fine now.. Let’s go back.” Kumi smiled and brought them along.

Kumi’s footsteps were then halted as Caym pulled her up at the back of her collar. “I said they’re free to leave.. Not you.”

“Ehh?” Kumi started sweating.

“B-But Kumi-sama is going to bring us back to the room....” Kanon looked at Caym.

“Both of you are old enough to go back to your room by yourself. You don’t need Kumi for that.” Caym stated.

Kumi signaled both of them to make up an even better excuse to let Kumi go.

“Erm... K-Kumi-sama has to-” Before Yuria had the chance to finish her statement, Caym let out a very loud demonic roar at them. So loud and scary that it made both Yuria and Kanon screamed out loud and ran for their lives.

“N-No... Come back! Get me out of here!” Kumi shouted at Kanon and Yuria’s back. Since they were too afraid to hear or notice anything, they simply rushed out of the room without looking back.

Caym sighed. “I really don’t like to do that to little kids..”

“Erm.. Can you put me down now?” Kumi told Caym who was still lifting her up from the back of her collar.

“Are you gonna run away when i put you down?”

Kumi rolled her eyes. “Not like I will have the chance anymore..”

Caym put Kumi down right away. “Remove your gloves, Kumi. We shall start the training now.”

Kumi took off her gloves and her eyes turned black.

Caym rushed forwards to land a punch. “This is the first time I heard that a demon general candidate has errand girls. So, tell me more about those errand girls of yours..”

Kumi dodged to the side. “They were stray demons. Roaming all over the underworld. So I took them in.”

Caym attempted another round house kick. “There are so many stray demons in the underworld.. Why them?”

Kumi jumped backwards to evade. “They were too young...”

“I see.. They get bullied by bigger demons a lot?”

“That’s not what I meant, Caym-sama. From their looks, it may seem like they get bullied a lot.. Coz they’re small..... But it’s actually the complete opposite.. They actually killed a lot of demons much bigger than themselves before.”

“Those cute kids took on bigger demons? They don’t seem like that at all.”

“As I said, they were still too young. They couldn’t control their immense power within them. They didn’t know what’s right or wrong. When they kill...They just kill... But of course they changed after I took them in.”

“I see.. You wanted to lead them to the right path. So you took them in.” Caym nodded.

“Yea.. I just thought maybe if someone could just guide them, they might be very helpful. They could do nothing against me. If they try to attack me, I’ll just silence them for the moment until they lose consciousness.”

“But of course that is not the case here.. They seem to have taken a liking over you. They wouldn’t hurt you.”

“I know. So, I knew it was the right choice to bring them in the first place. They just needed a home.” Kumi raised her palm at Caym, readying to activate her powers.

In just a blink of an eye, Caym was already standing behind Kumi. “You’ll be a good role model for both of them, Kumi. Keep it up.” As soon as Caym finished his statement, he released a flaming kick on Kumi’s head, sending her crashing onto the wall. “So, I’ve already guessed, you would choose them to be your assistants in the future?”

Kumi wiped the blood off , stood up and smiled back. “Most definitely. I will not accept any other demons as my assistants other than them. I care very much for the both of them.”

Caym smiled back and nodded. “They must be so proud to be working under you.”

“Thanks for your praise, Caym-sama.”

Caym looked at his own palm and smiled again. “You’ve improved once again, Kumi.. You actually silenced my sense of touch right before I kicked you so that I lose sense of the energy i use to kick you. So I ended up kicking you much softer instead.”

“I have to learn to utilize my powers to its fullest.”

Caym nodded. “Okay. Your training ends here for today. We’ll continue next time if I’m still around.”

“If you’re still around? What does that mean?”

“It’s nothing. Dismissed..” Kumi shrugged and walked out of the room. At the same time, Annin entered.

“Uncle..” Annin walked over to Caym.

“Yes, Annin. What is it?” Caym lowered himself to put himself in an eye to eye position with Annin.

“I just want to talk to you, that’s all..” Annin smiled.

“Sure.. What do you want to talk about?”

“Uncle, why am I living in this castle?” Annin questioned in a tone.

“Why, you ask? That’s because you’re special, Annin. Your powers are unusual.”

“I mean.. What so special about my powers?”

“Because of your bloodline.”

“My bloodline?” Annin scratched her head.

“Mm-hm.. You can create barriers and heal other people, don’t you?”

“Yup.. But what so special about it?”

“Annin.. Normal demons do not have healing powers or have the powers to create barriers. Only angels has them. That’s what makes you special. Your demon bloodline is the only one who possess these angelic type of powers despite being a full-fledged demon. Your ancestors were the personal guard and medic of the Demon King including your dad. Now that your dad’s not here anymore, you’ll be the next one in line as the Demon King’s royal medic. You have a tough job, Annin..” Caym explained.

“So, that’s why I’m living in this castle?”

“Of course you’ll also be given the title of Demon General when the time is right.” Caym smiled.

“Is that rank important?” Annin asked.

“Are you kidding me? Your rank is the most important one in the underworld. The Demon King’s personal medic. Basically you’re the one who takes care of the Demon King.”

“I see..” Annin nodded. “Ah.. One more thing.. When is your daughter coming out?”

“Probably in a few days time, Annin. Why do you ask?”

“It’s just that I can’t wait to see her. Is she pretty?” Annin asked.

“She’s definitely pretty..” Caym smiled warmly.

“Will she be as goofy and playful as you?”

“Who knows? She might grow up to be very playful.” Caym giggled.

“Then will she be as fierce as Umeda? Will she be as lazy as Kumi? Will she be as cool as Sayanee-sama?”

“Gosh.. You sure do have a lot of questions. Well, I won’t be so sure about all of that, but one thing I’m sure about is that she’ll be as adorable as little Annin.” Caym poked Annin’s little nose.

“Wow.. If that was the case, we’re going to be best friends.” Annin became excited.

“That’s if both of you are ever going to meet up.”

“Both of us won’t meet up? Why?” Annin pouted.

“No, I didn’t say that both of you won’t meet up. What I meant is that there will only be a little chance of both of you meeting up in the future.” Caym explained.

“Why?”

“That’s because... She might not belong here..”

“Why don’t she belong here?” Annin asked.

That’s because the mother doesn’t belong here...”

“Why don’t the mother belong here?” Annin asked yet again.

Caym sighed. “Annin, the question ‘why’ is never ending question.. So, it’ll be best if you stop asking why. Ok?”

“...” Annin blinked.

“Understand?” Caym emphasized it again.

“Why?”

Caym smacked himself on the head.

“I should have known!” An angry voice roared at Caym.

“Umeda?”

“Shut up!” Umeda shouted.

“Excuse me?”

“Your conversation with Sayanee the other day... I heard everything.. I never knew you were this low, Caym. You’re a disgrace.” Umeda scoffed.

Caym lowered his head. “So.. You heard the conversation the other day.. The walls were at least 10meters thick. Your hearing improved..”

“I don’t need any praises from you. I thought you were a better man than this. I dreamt to be as powerful as you in the future.. But after knowing this... I finally know.. You’re just a prideless demon who falls in love with an angel scum.”

Caym nodded his head. “Good.”

Umeda looked confused at Caym’s word. “Huh?”

Before Umeda could catch on, she already got blasted into the wall by a flaming kick. Umeda spit out blood immediately. As she was falling off from the wall, she got pin back up immediately by the neck.

“With that final sentence, you are officially asking for your own death. How rude must you be...to call her a scum. I can stand you being completely rude to me. I can stand you calling me a scum.. But not her.. Not the woman i loved the most.”

Umeda was choking and attempted to release herself from Caym’s grip.

“U-Uncle, what are you doing to Umeda? Put her down now!” Annin looked completely confused.

A katana appeared on Caym’s neck all of a sudden. “You’re scaring Annin, Caym. That’s enough. Put Umeda down now.”

“Sayanee!” Caym released Umeda from his grip immediately.

“Are you done venting your anger? If you’re not done, I’ll be happy to fight you next. Leave them alone.” Sayanee warned.

“You know I will never fight you, Sayanee..” Caym shook his head.

“Then get your act straight.” Sayanee remained silent for a moment before speaking up again. “Your daughter was already born, Caym.”

Caym’s eyes shot wide open. “What? Is she ok? Is she safe?”

“You don’t have to worry about your daughter. She’s safely born on earth. She’ll do just fine.”

“Thank goodness...” Caym smiled happily.

“Her mother already went for her punishment..” Sayanee looked at Caym.

“What? Why must the mother undergo punishment?” Annin asked.

“You don’t know anything, Annin. This bastard Caym made love with an angel and had a child!” Umeda scoffed as she stood back up.

“Huh? The mother was an angel?” Annin looked surprised.

Sayanee took a few steps forward to Caym and looked right into his eye from up close. “You’re hereby stripped off your position as the Demon General and you will be sentenced to an eternal torture punishment, Caym.”

“What? Where are you taking uncle? You’re not taking him anywhere!” Annin stood in front of Caym and screamed at Sayanee.

“Annin.. I committed a crime. It’s forbidden for a demon to be in a relationship with an angel.. I must answer to my mistakes.” Caym explained softly.

“No.. This is wrong!” Annin screamed. “Whether it’s an angel or not, there is nothing wrong about loving someone!”

“You’re still too young to understand, Annin. Angels and demons do not click together.” Sayanee said.

“No! You’re just too stupid to understand what is love! There should never be any boundary for loving someone. You’re just a fool!!” Annin screamed.

“Annin! That is not how you’re supposed to talk to Sayanee! I said already I’m going for my punishment! Don’t make me repeat this again.” Caym scolded.

“Then what about me? You’re leaving me? Who’s going to take care of me from now on?” Annin teared up. “Who’s going to tell me bed time stories when I can’t sleep? Who’s going to play with me?”

Caym looked down and gritted his teeth. “Please don’t make things harder than it already is, Annin... Please...”

“Why? Why can’t you love someone freely? Why must you undergo punishment just because you love someone?”

At this time, Caym knocked Annin out with a hit at the back of her neck. “Kids... They’re forever full of curiosity..” 

Sayanee was a little shocked with Caym’s action because this is actually the first time Caym had ever done any harm to Annin. “...”

“Thanks for the news about my daughter, Sayanee. I will never be able to repay you.” Caym bowed his head in respect.

Sayanee shook her head. “Don’t be. I feel bad enough being the one to send you to your eternal punishment.”

Caym kneeled down and ruffled through Annin’s hair. “Sayanee... You’ll help me take care of Annin, right? She’s like a daughter to me.. I’m worried about her..”

“I’ll do my best..”

“Kumi and Umeda as well?”

“Don’t worry about that.. I’ll take care of them.”

Caym sighed and stood up. “Ok then... I’m ready..”

Sayanee led Caym to the torture chamber. On the way, they had their final chat among friends. “Hey, Sayanee...”

“Yea?”

“My daughter... How is she like?”

“She cries a lot... And loud. Just like you..”

Caym seemed satisfied with Sayanee’s statement. “So she seemed to have inherited my loudness.. I wonder if she inherited my clinginess as well.”

“I’m not sure about that, but she does look like her mother.”

Caym smiled. “She must be really beautiful then..”

“Very beautiful indeed..” Sayanee nodded.

“I hope my daughter will grow up to be as pretty as Annin.. Or maybe prettier..” Caym sighed. “I just wish I could get a glance at my daughter’s face just once..”

“Who knows? Your wish might just come true.” Sayanee and Caym stood right in front of the chamber.

Caym let out a loud and long sigh. “I’m here... It’s been an honor, Sayanee..”

Sayanee nodded. “It’s been an honor. You’re the most responsible friend I ever had. You never tried to run away even till the very end. I’ll never forget having a friend like you.”

“Enough with the sweet talk, Sayanee.. If you keep this up, you’re going to make me tear up.. So this is it.” The door of the chamber opened slowly to reveal a sight so evil and torturous it can’t be explained in words. “I guess this is goodbye.. I’ll see you in the after life. And get an assistant.”

Sayanee smiled. “We’ll see..”

Caym finally entered the torture chamber. The doors closed up tightly and never to be opened again...



A few hundred years later

Sayanee stood on the top of a hill looking up at the starry night of the sky.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it..” A smooth voice of a girl sounded.

Sayanee looked towards the direction and saw a beautiful girl leaning by a tree. She was a little smaller in size compared to Sayanee.

“But something’s still missing here...” The girl said. “It needs to be more...flashy...” The girl raised her palm towards the sky. “Territorial Effect : Meteor Range”

As soon as she finished her statement, a beautiful meteor shower came from the sky. The girl let out a smile of satisfaction. “That’s more like it.”

Knowing that this girl is not an ordinary girl, Sayanee decided to speak out to her.

“Hey..” Sayanee sounded, gaining the attention of the girl.

“Oh, you’re speaking to me?” The girl looked over and blinked.

“Well, unless this tree you’re leaning on has a soul..” Sayanee answered.

“You’re trying to act smart in front of me?” The girl asked.

“You’re the one who’s acting dumb.. So you’re a demon?”

“Mm-hmm... Probably the smartest demon alive.” the girl answered confidently.

“Full of pride... I like that.” Sayanee smiled.

“What’s your name?” Sayanee asked.

“The name’s Milky..” The girl finally revealed her name.

“Milky... That’s a cute name. It suits someone as cute as you..”

“H-Huh?” Milky looked surprised and blushed a little. Milky slapped herself on the both side of her face. “Why am I even blushing... I’m not like this.”

“Where do you live?” Sayanee asked.

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you.” Milky said.

“Try me.” Sayanee crossed her arms.

“All this time I’ve been living in the Demon General’s castle.” Milky’s statement gave Sayanee a little shock.

“How is that possible..” Sayanee shook her head.

“I told you that you wouldn’t believe me even if I told you.... You see.. Everything has a flaw. There are no such thing as perfect. Even a place as ‘perfect’ as the Demon General castle has a flaw. And I breached right through it and lived in the castle ever since.. It’s been quite some time.” Milky explained.

“How is it that nobody sensed you before? Umeda should have at least seen you. Her range of sight covers almost the whole castle.” Sayanee frowned.

“Exactly... ALMOST the whole castle.. But she can’t see everything. Even someone with a perfect sight like Umeda has a flaw. A blindspot. All I have to do is just know her habits and her daily schedule so that I can remain staying in her blindspot. It’s pretty simple actually.”

“So you spied on us everyday?” Sayanee asked.

“Nah.. I’m not interested in spying...” Milky looked up at Sayanee. “Except for one person maybe...”

“You’re talking about me.”

Milky looked away immediately. “Pfft.. No, I’m not.”

“Everyone has a flaw, Milky.. You don’t have to lie. I can see right through your expression.”

“So what if I was spying on you?”

“Then why is it that I have never noticed you before?” Sayanee crossed her arms.

“Then are you by any chance in love with me?” Milky went straight to the point.

“What does that got to do with anything?”

“Well there’s a phrase called blinded by love.. You could be so in love with me that you never noticed me.”

“That made no sense at all..”

“Oh, that made sense, alright.. Just like me.. When I’m in love, I start saying things that do not make sense. Get what I mean?”

Noticing where this conversation is heading, Sayanee smiled and nodded her head. “So, are you saying that you’re in love with me?”

“And what makes you say that?” Milky said in a voice full of pride.

“You just said something that doesn’t make any sense.. So, you do love me.”

“No, I don’t.” Milky said.

Sayanee stepped closer towards Milky. So close that their nose were almost touching. Milky slowly stepped backwards till she leaned onto the tree trunk. Sayanee placed an arm on the trunk right beside Milkly’s head and pulled her head closer to Milky’s. Sayane then said in a whispering tone. “Then why did you spy on me?”

Milky’s heart felt like it was about to burst soon as it was beating hundred miles per hour. She was completely red. “I...wanted to study your habits... That’s all.....”

Sayanee’s face got closer and closer to Milky’s face. “Is it because you love me?” It was as if Sayanee ignored Milky’s statement.

“I.... I....” Milky blinked her eyes.

Sayanee immediately pulled Milky in for a long and deep kiss. Milky blushed like mad. As Sayanee pulled away from the kiss, she whispered into Milky’s ear. “Do you love me now?”

“W-Why did you kiss me? You don’t just kiss someone you just met!” Milky’s face is still tomato red. 

“Like you said... When someone’s in love, you start saying things or doing things that do not make sense.”

“Y-You’re not in love with me! You just met me!”

“I believe in love at first sight. 

“L-Love at first sight?” Milky blushed again.

“Like how I fell for you right when I saw you leaning by the tree... So beautiful...” Sayanee leaned closer again. “So mesmerizing... So...irresistible...” Both of them locked lips once again for a long time.

They finally pulled away, gasping for air. “I love you, Sayanee.. I always have...”

“Even though I just met you, somehow, I get the feeling that I have known you for a long time already.”

Milky smiled at Sayanee’s statement.

“Do you have any plans to come out of hiding and live in the castle officially?”

“You mean...”

“Be my assistant. Live with me...”

“But... We just met... Are you sure about this?”

“My judgement is never wrong. You might be cunning.. But I trust you. Come. Let’s go back.”

As soon as they reached back to the castle, they were greeted by Annin. “Welcome back, Sayanee..” Annin looked at Milky. “Who’s this?”

“Her name’s Milky. She’ll be my new assistant.” Sayanee stated.

“Ah.. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Annin.” Annin bowed a little before Sayanee stopped her from bowing further.

“Annin.. Demon Generals do not bow. I taught you that before.” Sayanee said.

“Oh.. Right.. I have to get used to this... I’m a new Demon General anyway..” Annin smiled.

“I know you... You’re the one with the special bloodline. The Demon King’s royal medic.” Milky said.

“So, you finally decided to get yourself an assistant.” Umeda sounded from her throne on the stage. “After so long...”

“You must be Umeda..” Milky smiled.

“You’re not even a Demon General. You should address me as -sama.” Umeda glared.

“Sorry, but I do not respect people who do not respect me.” Milky looked away.

“You insolent brat!” Umeda clenched her fist and leaped towards Milky.

Before she knew it, Sayanee’s katana is already on Umeda’s neck, halting her movements. “Touch her and this will be the end of you, Umeda. Understand?”

“Tch- Everyone’s hating on me..” Umeda turned and walked away.

“Don’t mind her, Milky. She’s always angry no matter what happens.” Sayanee explained.

“Oh no.. I don’t mind about uncivilized apes.” Milky smiled at Sayanee.

Umeda turned back and glared. Noticing this, Annin quickly went and rushed Umeda back into her room. “Y-You heard it wrongly, Umeda.. Let’s go back to your room..”

“Tch- Lovetan! Let’s go!” Umeda ordered. Lovetan followed Umeda back into her room.

“Lovetan... She’s an interesting one...” Milky smiled.

“So, you know a lot about us?”

“Not that I know a lot.. It’s that I know everything about everyone here.. Habits, schedules, powers..” Milky looked at her own watch then pointed at Kumi’s door. “For example, that door will open in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..”

True enough, the door really did open. Kumi walked out to the kitchen.

“Kumi will get her bunch of bananas at this time of the day, every single day.” Milky said.

As expected, Kumi did grab a bunch of bananas before looking over. She blinked a few times at the sight of Milky.

“Kumi, I want you to meet my new assistant, Milky.” Sayanee said.

Kumi held one hand up. “Yo.” and walked back to her room right after that.

“Kumi’s a little lazy.” Sayanee stated.

“Even her greeting is lazy..” Milky agreed.

“So I guess that’s all the Demon Generals here. Feel free to make yourself at home.” Sayanee suggested.

“Sure..” Milky rushed and hopped onto the couch immediately.

At this time, Kanon and Yuria walked out and stood in front of the couch, looking at Milky. “Yes, may I help you two?” Milky asked.

“Erm.. That’s my couch..” Kanon said.

“No, it’s not! It’s my couch!” Yuria argued.

“Kumi-sama said it’s for me. So, it’s mine. Not yours.”

“And you’re definitely day dreaming. I have never heard Kumi-sama said anything like that before.”

Milky laughed at both of them arguing over a couch and pulled both of them down to sit on the couch together. “Why don’t we assistants just share the couch together.. Hmm?”

“No, I’m not sharing with this creep right here!” Kanon pointed at Yuria.

Yuria placed her hands on her waist. “Who’re you calling creep, you flaming piece of crap!”

“I’m a flaming piece of crap? Wow.. Your brain must have been so frozen that you can’t think properly anymore.”

“Oh, come on, guys.. There’s no need to fight over something so petty. We should be friends..” Milky place an arm over their shoulders.

“This creep ain’t my friend.” Yuria stick her tongue out at Kanon.

“And this icicle ain’t my friend either.” Kanon stick her tongue out as well.

“Kanon! Yuria!” Kumi came out of her room again.

“Yes, Kumi-sama..” Both of them ran towards Kumi and clinged onto her arm.    Kanon on the left, Yuria on the right.

“Hey, let go of Kumi-sama.” Yuria smacked Kanon’s hand away.

“Oi, you too then.” Kanon pulled Yuria away.

Kumi pulled both their ears, stopping them from fighting. “I’m out of bananas.. Get me more.”

“Kumi sure do love bananas a lot..” Milky said

“She has always been like that.. You should know.” Sayanee said.

“Seems like I’ll be here from now on..”

Sayanee nodded. “Seems like it.. Welcome to the family.”



Special Chapter - Demon General's History
END