S.2 : Chapter 29 - The truth

Supernatural Partner




Chapter 29 - The Truth


The four doors opened at almost the same time. The red door, the purple door, the black door and the green door. The four girls who walked through the door looked left and right and saw each other. Akane, Rena, Yuki and Sasshi was there.

“Where are the others?” Akane asked.

“Most probably they were brought somewhere else, or maybe they were fighting the assistants..” Rena said.

“I hope Nezumi-sama is fine..” Yuki sighed.

“...” Sasshi remained looking down.

“Sasshi.. What’s wrong?” Rena asked.

“Lovetan....died.” 

“No way..” Everyone was shocked.

“She tried to protect me. She got killed instead of me.. She died because of me...” She punched the ground.

“Come on, Sasshi.. We all know that it’s not your fault..” Rena comforted Sasshi.

“Let’s just hope all of these are worth it..” Sasshi sighed.

Right when they looked up at the throne, all four of them got blasted into the wall and pinned up by an aura. “Gah!!”

Yuki who had a broken arm suffered more in pain. The four of them noticed they were pinned up to the wall by a purplish snake aura clamping each of their arms into the wall before looking at the direction it came from. There Jurina stood, with an evil purplish aura engulfing her body. She was pointing the Yamata no Orochi blade at them.

“Why did you come.......” Jurina still had her head down.

“We’re here to save you, Jurina!”

“I don’t need to be saved.. Please.... Don’t make me hurt any of you..... Leave...”

“I don’t trust you would hurt us, Jurina! If you really wanted to hurt us, you would have killed us right now instead of asking us to leave.”

“Why won’t you leave!?” Jurina shouted.

“Lovetan died! Because of your stupidity!” Sasshi screamed at Jurina.

“NO! She died because of YOUR stupidity!!! I TOLD YOU GUYS TO SIGN THE TRUCE! FREAKING SIGN THE TRUCE!!!!! NONE OF YOU LISTEN..... NONE OF YOU!!!!!!” Jurina smashed the blade on the ground in extreme anger. “If only you guys had signed the truce and just leave me be.... No lives would be lost... Just....why....? Why must all of you risk your lives just for me?”

“We want to know what the hell happened to you, Jurina! You told us that you were at their side all along. I’m not going to buy that bull, Jurina! There has to be a reason why you’re doing this! You’re just keeping it from us! I know it!” Rena shouted.

“Please... Just leave..” Jurina bit her lips.

Yuki shouted. “We won’t leave until you tell us what’s going on, Jurina-sama! Even if we have to fight you for it!”

Jurina answered immediately. “A fight it is... Let’s make a deal. If I win... All of you will leave this place and never return again. Deal?”

“Deal!” Rena shouted without hesitation. Jurina retracted the snakes back to herself and watch the four of them fall down to the ground. “But if we win... You will stop this madness and tell us whatever the hell you had been hiding from us all these time.” Rena replied.

Jurina pointed the Yamata no Orochi at them. “Deal. Let’s end this once and for all.”

Jurina slashed the blade at them and sent eight snake shockwaves simultaneously at them. The four of them managed to dodge them easily but that was not the end. The Yamata no Orochi shockwaves are homing shockwaves. They will keep following its target till it hits it. Sasshi activated her bone armor and defended against two of the shockwaves. Yuki flew towards the wall and leaped off from it the last minute, causing two shockwaves that were chasing her to blast the wall instead. Akane and Rena on the other hand sent a large shockwave and destroyed four of Jurina’s shockwaves easily.

“That’s strange.. The Yamata no Orochi should be stronger than this..” Akane said.

Before Jurina could react, she got punched away by Chokoku and Gakuran. “Don’t forget we’re here as well!”

“You guys are here! That’s good!” Rena smiled.

“Even Gakuran-sama and Choukoku is here... Something isn’t right... Nezumi-sama is not here yet. I have to find her.. She’s taking too long. Something must have happened to her..” Yuki looked at Rena.

“Go find her.. Mayu’s more important to you right now.” Rena said.

“Got it.” Yuki flew out of the throne room to search for Mayu.

Rena started with a shockwave that caused Jurina to leap out of the way but met up with Umeda’s kick. As she flew backwards, Jurina got striked with a double punch from both Gakuran and Chokoku. Jurina struggled and sent a few shockwaves at them once again. Akane dashed forward and sent a few shockwaves to counter. Rena added a few shockwaves of her own as well. Surprisingly, Jurina’s shockwaves got destroyed easily as Rena and Akane’s shockwaves made their way towards Jurina. She used the Yamata no Orochi to defend against the powerful shockwave barrage.

“Strange... The power of the Yamata no Orochi is weaker than I thought..” Rena frowned.

The Yamata no Orochi got blasted off Jurina’s hand and flew few feet away from her. Rena took this chance to jump on Jurina and pin her down. “It’s over, Jurina.”

“Please, Rena-chan.. You don’t understand..”

“Oh, now you address me as Rena-chan once again. What else are you hiding, huh?” Rena insisted. “Why are you doing all these? Don’t give me that bull about you being on their side from the very beginning, cause you know I’m not buying it.”

Jurina swallowed her saliva .

“Please tell me, Jurina. Your act has caused Lovetan her life. God knows what might happen to Mayu now. So please, Jurina.. Don’t keep any secrets to yourself anymore.. Please..” Rena begged as her eyes got a little teary.

Jurina slowly reached for her mask and steadily removed it. As she unhooked the mask off her face, the blue glowing light on the mask vanished.

“Huh? What........” Rena’s eyes widened in shock. “What’s going on here..? Jurina, what’s going on!?”

The left side of Jurina’s face was not rotten at all like how she explained it to be. Instead of it being rotten, the left side of her face was covered with a few scars that glowed brightly in light blue and her left eye was also glowing in light blue.

“My face....was never rotten from the very beginning. This is my second stage of my Angel Trigger. I have to keep my second stage of the Angel Trigger on 24 hours a day to protect by whole body from rotting. That was the reason why I was wearing the mask. It wasn’t because my face was rotten. It was because I didn’t want anybody to know that I was using the Angel Trigger all along. Everything was an act.. I...lied to them...” Jurina finally revealed the truth.

“How could I have not seen this...” A voice echoed loudly in the room. “You deceived us... You deceived....me...”

“Annin...” Jurina looked over and voiced out.

“Not another word, Center... I don’t believe I actually fell for someone like you... You’re just a liar!” Annin scolded.

Jurina stood up and walked over to Annin. “Annin, please...listen to me...”

“Stay away, Center..” Annin shook her head slowly.

Jurina kept on walking towards Annin. “It’s still me, Annin... Still the same Center..”

“No, you’re not... You’re not the same as the Center I knew... The Center I knew was not this soft.. She wouldn’t speak to me in this manner...” Annin teared up. “I hate you!” She fell down on her knees and cried her heart out.

Jurina’s steps were halted by Annin’s final statement. She felt completely guilty for deceiving Annin in the first place. Jurina looked back at Rena with a pokerface.

Instead of saying anything, Rena shot a warm smile and put her hand on Jurina’s waist and pushed her forward a little, implying that Jurina should go comfort her now. Jurina returned the smile and continued her way towards Annin as Rena’s little gesture gave Jurina the energy to walk closer to Annin. As she stood in front of Annin, she kneeled down as well and put both her arms over Annin’s body.

“Eh?” Annin wiped her tears and saw that Jurina was hugging her tightly. “C-Center...let....go....”

“Please forgive me for everything I had done to you.. It is true that when I first came in, I had no thoughts at all other than killing off all the demons. But the more time I spent with you, I found out that maybe not all demons are bad.. They just have a different mindset than us.. You treated me very well.. Probably even better than how Rena-chan treats me sometimes.. Rena-chan sometimes chooses to date her melon pan instead of me.” Jurina joked, and Annin giggled a little at it. Rena found herself smiling at Jurina’s statement as well.

“What I wanted to say is that you changed my perception of demons, Annin. Without you, I would forever be hating demons.. So, thank you...and I’m sorry..” Jurina tightened her hug.

“Center...” Annin returned the hug.

“Wait... If Jurina had been good the whole time, how is she able to activate the Yamata no Orochi? From what I know, the wielder must have an evil intentioon deep within the her to activate it.”

“Well, I didn’t say that I had no evil intentions from the very beginning.. I had one.. The evil intention to slay off all demons in the world.” Jurina said.

“I see now.. That explains everything..” Rena nodded her head.

“You’re not going to kill me, right Center?” Annin looked at Jurina in her eyes.

Jurina smiled back at Annin. “Why do you think I lost?”

Annin giggled. 

“Awww... Is the party over?” Another voice echoed from one sight of the room as they saw a short haired girl walking towards them.

“NISHISHI??”

“Yo... It’s been some time..” Nishishi smiled at them.

“I thought you’re supposed to be on some sword expedition or something? What are you doing here?” Rena asked.

“Nah... I basically saw all the swords in the world before.. There’s only one that catches my attention till today..” Nishishi grabbed the Yamata no Orochi blade which was lying on the ground and played around with it. “I was actually assigned by Akane for a secret mission to do a research on Jurina’s dad, you see..”

“You were doing research on my father?” Jurina turned her face to Akane.

“I did that to find out if your dad was the reason why you started this act of yours.” Akane explained.

“As a matter of fact, Akane.... It was..” Nishishi tapped the Yamata no Orochi on her palm.

“What?” Akane was shocked.

“Why don’t you tell them your part of the story, Jurina? Since I already knew about half of it.. I’m quite sure they are curious about it.” Nishishi smiled.

“Well, Jurina?” Rena questioned.

Jurina nodded. “It was two days before I disappeared from Hellsing... I had a dream....about my father..”

“A dream about your father!?”

Jurina nodded once again. “Yes.. In my dream, he told me to come to the AKB Forest on that night itself.. He wanted to tell me something. I didn’t want to believe it at first... But then I thought about it.. What if the dream was real? What if my father really did try to cantact me from my dream? So, i followed by intuition and got myself there that night, and I was right...”


AKB Forest

Jurina stood in the middle of the jungle. Just sound of the crows echoing in the forest. 

“Man, I’ve been here for quite some time.. It seems that it was just a dream.” Jurina sighed.

“Or not.” A voice of a man echoed in the forest, grabbing Jurina’s attention.

“Who’s there? Come out now!” Jurina summoned her scythe and pointed it at that direction.

“Now, now, Center... That’s not how you greet your old man, is it?” A man walked out of the shadows and towards Jurina slowly.

“M-My old man? D-Daddy?” Jurina lowered her scythe.

There Caym stood in front of Jurina, smiling warmly at her daughter. He was glowing in red. “Yes, it’s me, Center... I’m Caym. Your father.”

“Wha- how? W-Why are you here?” Jurina had so many questions to ask.

“Do I need a solid reason to meet my own daughter?” Caym smiled.

“Wait, are you still alive, or are you already dead?” Jurina asked.

“Well, technically, I’m dead already. After being tortured for a few hundred years, my body just couldn’t take it anymore. The only thing left was my spirit. I have the power to manipulate my spirit after my death. So, I was the one who gave you the dream and told told you to come here.” 

“Then why didn’t you find me as soon as you died?” Jurina whined a little.

“Technically, I just died yesterday.. So I could only find you today.”

“Why didn’t you die earlier??” Jurina sobbed a little.

“What kind of daughter wants the father to di earlier?” Caym was surprised at Jurina’s statement.

“Then can I touch you.....?” Jurina wiped her tears.

“Of course you can.. Come, Center..” Caym smiled and opened his arm wide for a hug.

Instead of receiving a hug that he expected, he received a punch on his stomach instead. “Ugh-!!”

“Why did you leave me alone on Earth!?!? Do you know how tough my life was!?” Jurina screamed.

Caym rubbed his stomach in pain. “Center...”

“I had to go through so many grief, misery and pain moments in my life.. Those people around me dying of old age one by one... I had to change families so many times that I had finally decided to live alone. I’ve been through this for hundreds of years! Alone!” Jurina started crying. “Sometimes, I just wished that I could die... I didn’t want to live my life for anyone but myself. That’s because I know sooner or later, they would exit from my life again. It was until I met Rena-chan that I have decided to live my life for someone else for another time.”

“Wow... I caused you a lot of pain, Center... I’m sorry.” Caym guiltily smiled. “I caused you nothing but grief... Some father I am.. All I can do is apologize..”

“The only person I could talk with was..........mom... Every time I had a little talk with her, I just feel so angry at the both of you leaving me alone on Earth for hundreds of years..”

“You’ve seen Ariel?” Caym frowned.

“I can’t say that I have seen her in human form like you now... But I know she’s there and she’s listening.. I can feel her presence.” Jurina said.

“I see... So, what do you think about me the first time you saw me?” Caym asked.

“I’m happy that I finally met you.. I’m pissed as well.. I don’t know what to feel! So stop asking those stupid questions.”

“Wow, you really got those tempers from your mother. Hard to believe Ariel was the Angel of Protection with that kind of attitude.” Caym giggled a little.

“And it seems I got all my playfulness and clinginess from you, I guess..” Jurina said.

Caym nodded and smiled for awhile. He then held onto Jurina’s shoulder and said with a serious expression. “Center... I have something important to tell you.”

“What is it?” Jurina asked.

Caym let out a deep breath. “I have the power to see the future and few years from now, this world will be completely run over by demons.”

“What!?” Jurina was literally beyond shocked from Caym’s statement.

“Most of the humans on earth will either die or turn into demons.”

“Why does this happen?”

“The Demon God...” Caym said in a serious expression.

Jurina’s eyes widened. “There was a Demon God??”

“There always had been a Demon God. It’s just that nobody knew it but me and the late Demon King..”

“Alright, whatever. How do I stop this?”

“There’s only one way to stop this from happening. You have to join the demons.”

“Huh? Dad, I’m a full fledged angel. What kind of angel helps demons? That’s crazy.”

“Only a crazy angel can help demons? That’s not a nice thing to say, Center... Your mom helped me countless of times before.” Caym shook his head.

“Alright, fine! But it’s not like they will accept me..” Jurina retorted.

“Just follow my steps and they will accept you. First, you need to steal the Yamata no Orochi.”

“Forget it!” Jurina shouted.

“Then you can forget about saving your friends.” Caym roared.

Jurina remained silent for a short moment and finally nodded. “Fine.”

“Secondly, kill the murderer of the late Demon King.”

“There’s two of them.”

“Just kill one will do. It’s good enough.”

“I’m not sure if I could do it...”

“Well, you’ll have the Yamata no Orochi blade by then, right? It will be simple for you.”

“You want me to use the Yamata no Orochi against someone? But my body will rot!”

“You can use the second stage of your angel form to protect your body from rotting. Here... Something I kept for a long time..” Caym took out something and pass it to Jurina.

It was a black half mask. “So, I’ll use this mask to hide the left side of my face.”

Jurina activated the second stage of her Angel Trigger and wore the mask. The eye area of the mask started glowing in blue. “I see now... With this mask on, nobody will find this out.”

“Exactly.. Thirdly, you have to put up a good act. Be as evil as possible and gain their trust.” Caym told Jurina.

“I’m not good at being evil at all! I can’t do it.”

“You have no choice, Center.”

“Alright, fine.. It’s not like I will like them or anything. They’re demons after all.”

“Center..... That’s mean. Little Annin is a nice girl.”

“Annin? You mean that demon who uses barriers? Pfft... I doubt it.”

“Who knows? Both of you might get along pretty well.” Caym smiled.

“Just cut the crap and get on with it, okay? So, after I gain their trust then what?”

“Be the Demon King.”

“W-What!?!?!? Hell no!!!!” Jurina shouted. “I have to stay with the demons forever?? No way that’s going to happen! There has to be another way!”

“I’m afraid there’s no other way. So, I suggest you grow up and keep to this plan before any of your friends die by demons in the future. Get it!? You’re a big girl, Jurina. You should know what’s best for yourself.” Caym explained.

“But... What does me being the Demon King got anything to do with the Demon God not over running the earth with demons in the future?”

“Apparently, the Demon God is loyal to the Demon King..” Caym smiled.

“Wait.. That doesn’t sound right.. A god being loyal to a king? Huh?” Jurina scratched her head.

“Oh, have I mentioned that the Demon God had been in disguise all along?”

“Disguise? As what?”

“As one of the Demon Generals.. Sayanee.. She’s the Demon God.” 

“NO WAY!!!”

“She once told me that she could have a better view of all the demons in the underworld if she acts as a Demon General. And I have to say, she acts WAY too well to even tell that she was the Demon God. As a ‘Demon General’, she’s very loyal to the Demon King.” 

“So, if I became the Demon King and I asked her to take her own life, she would still do it? Then if she dies, the world will not be run over by demons, right?”

“Exactly. But Sayanee was my best friend.”

Jurina summoned her scythe and smashed it on the ground. “It’s either you help your friend or you help your daughter.”

“Center...”

Jurina did not allow Caym to continue his statement. “Dad! Your friend!? Or me!?”

“I would choose you, my daughter...” Caym answered.

“Good thing it was the answer I wanted to hear..” Jurina kept her scythe back.

Caym sighed. “I’m basically a dead man now, I can’t stop you from doing what you want, but just make sure you don’t regret your decisions in the future. Whatever you decide to do, you should know that I will always support you.”

Jurina smiled. “Thanks dad.”

“Well, it’s time for me to leave..”

“Will you ever come back?” Jurina asked softly.

“Maybe.. Maybe not.. Only future can tell.”

“I thought you could see the future...” Jurina booed her dad a little.

“Hey hey.... My powers can only allow me to see big thing happening in the future. Not some reunion.”

“Ok. Ok. I get it.. So I guess this is goodbye, huh?” Jurina hugged Caym. “I’m going to miss you, daddy...”

Caym replied the hug. “I’m going to miss you too...”

“I’ll see you when I see you...” Jurina waved goodbye to her father as he walked bac into the shadows.

“Sure.. I’ll see you when I see you too..” Caym waved back as his body engulfed into the shadows.

Jurina let out a deep sigh and touched her mask. “I guess this means I have to betray Hellsing, huh... Well, it’s not like I had a choice.. Time to go back.. Hmm... Maybe I should prepare some parting gifts for the Hellsing members.” 





“EHHHH!?!?!? SAYANEE WAS THE DEMON GOD!?!?!?!?!??!” Everyone was shocked.

“I fought with a Demon God... No wonder I was no match at all.. That explains everything now.” Akane nodded. “Well, I guess things were finally cleared up.. We’re leaving now.” Akane instructed. “Nishishi... Let’s put the blade back into its covers..” Akane tossed the blade cover at Nishishi.

Instead of catching it, Nishishi just looked at the sword cover falling onto the ground. She then looked back at Akane and smiled. “Keep it back? I don’t think so...”

“What are you saying, Nishishi? Put it back!” Akane raised her voice. 

“I have yet to test this blade out..” Nishishi grinned and activated the Yamata no Orochi powers. The purple aura engulfed her body. Something seemed really wrong. The size of the Eight-headed snakes aura engulfing Nishishi’s body was at least ten times the size of Jurina’s. “Let’s try this.....on you.” Nishishi’s eyes diverted towards Jurina.

Nishishi dashed towards Jurina and ed the Yamata no Orochi at Jurina.

“Be careful!” Annin jumped in front of them and activated her barrier. The blade didn’t only penetrated through the barrier easily but it also penetrated through Annin’s body. “Ugh-” 

“Annin!!!” Everyone screamed.

“How dare you! What have you done, Nishishi!?” Akane dashed forward and slashed her blade at Nishishi. Nishishi leap backwards to dodge against Akane’s attack.

Everybody was literally shocked about what just happened.

As Annin fell down, Jurina caught her immediately. Jurina held the dying Annin in her arms. “Annin.... Why?? Why would you do something like that for me? Why would you sstill protect me even though I tricked you?”

“I....once promised your father that I would protect you from danger....” Annin coughed out blood. “And I....did it...” Annin weakly smiled.

“That’s stupid!! You shouldn’t have done that! Look at your condition now.... Why, Annin.. Just why!?” Jurina punched the ground.

“I-It’s cold...” Annin shivered.

Jurina forced a smile and tightened the hug even more. “Y-Yes, Annin.. I’m feeling cold too... Someone must have the air condition...”

Annin’s hands slowly moved towards Jurina’s face and wiped some of her tears off. “Why are you crying, Center?”

Jurina wiped the tears away and sobbed. “I’m crying? No, I’m not.. You’re just seeing things..”

“I-It hurts......” Annin groaned in pain again.

“I guess......this is goodbye, C-Center....”

“Annin, please...don’t leave..” Jurina nudged Annin.

“You’re not going anywhere, Annin. Stay with us.” Rena gripped Annin’s hand tightly.

“It’s ok..... I’m.........in peace....” A tear rolled down Annin’s cheek as she breathe her last breath and closed her eyes.

Rena shut her eyes in frustration and punched the floor as well.

“Annin....” Jurina cried and landed a peck on Annin’s forehead. “I’m glad to have known you.. And, I’m sorry...”

“Why are you doing this!?” Akane shouted at Nishishi.

“Why am I doing this, you ask? How ironic that this question comes from you, Akane..” Nishishi shot a glare at Akane.

“What are you talking about, Nishishi?” Akane frowned.

“The reason why I’m doing this.......is all because of you..” Nishishi stated, and the reason shocked everyone. “Do you know who was the one that killed Airin?”

“Huh? You knew?” Akane’s eyes widened.

“It was me, Akane... I was the one who killed her..”

“Y-You.....did what?” Akane did not want to believe the words that came out of Nishishi’s mouth. “You....couldn’t have.... That’s not possible.... You’re joking......right?”

Nishishi scoffed. “Joking? I wish I was, Akane..”

“STOP SCREWING AROUND WITH ME!! Why would you do that, Nishishi? SHE WAS THE ONE WHO TOOK YOU IN FOR GOD SAKE! WHY WOULD YOU KILL HER!?!?!?!?” Akane screamed in anger.

“There are some things that you don’t understand, Akane... I....loved Airin.. She was the only person who cared for me.. She’s the only reason why I wanted to become a hunter... To become as strong as her.. I was so madly in love with her. I wanted her so badly... I wanted her for myself... Then you......” Nishishi shot an angry glare at Akane. “She chose you instead of me.... My heart was completely torn into pieces... All those words she told me... They were lies... She actually gave me the hope that I could be with her, and she crushed it with her own hands ”

“You said that you would protect her even if it cost you your own life, remember?” Nishishi shook her head. “You weren’t there to protect her that day, Akane... You didn’t deliver to your own promise... And you gave me a chance to strike her down for good.”

“YOU DON’T HAVE TO KILL HER BECAUSE OF THAT!!” Akane screamed and cried.

“I decided.... If she does not belong to me........ She does not belong to anyone else as well... I won’t allow my precious Airin to be with anybody else..” Nishishi giggled as tears rolled down her cheeks. “I have no purpose in this life anymore... My only wish now is to see this world get burnt down together with my heart and soul...”

“You’re sick, Nishishi! I should have known you’re the one Umeda were talking about all along! You’re the one with the evil heart! Not Jurina! She was innocent all along!” Rena shouted.

“Jurina was too naive... That’s the reason why she lost to all of you so fast..” Nishishi turned her head towards Jurina. “You, Jurina...had not been able to activate the Yamata no Orochi’s powers to it’s fullest because you used your evil intention to kill off all demons to activate the sword... That wasn’t strong enough. What more after you learn more about the demons, you found out that not all demons deserve to die, and hence your heart started to waver and the power of the Yamata no Orochi weakened drastically.” Nishishi explained.

“Only the one with the true evil intention to destroy this world will be strong enough to use the full power of the Yamata no Orochi.. For this case, the person will be me.. Now, witness the true powers of the Yamata no Orochi.” Nishishi placed the katana on her arm.

“No..... STOP HER NOW!” Jurina screamed, but they were too late.

Nishishi wounded her own hand with the Yamata no Orochi causing drops of blood to flow down the katana. It started glowing brightly.

“What, Jurina? What will happen now?” Rena nudged Jurina.

“It’s too late.... This is bad...” Jurina stood up.

Nishishi pointed the blade at them and shot a maniacal smirk. “Demon Seal Release : Yamata no Orochi.”



Chapter 29 - The Truth
END