Prologue 1 : A Shocking Encounter with a Zombie

Supernatural Partner

Prologue 1 : A Shocking Encounter with a Zombie (Takahashi Minami X Maeda Atsuko)



“Dr. Takahashi! Dr. Takahashi! We have an emergency! This girl is not breathing!” , two of the nurses screamed in panic as they pushed the motionless body through the emergency room, alerting the doctor who was snoozing by her table. Immediately, the doctor shot up with a confused expression.

“What happened!?” the doctor asked in a loud and shocking manner.

“We have no idea. A few minutes ago, we heard some loud noises coming from outside the hospital. When we rushed outside to check, we found this girl on the floor right outside the entrance of the hospital and she had no pulse! Oh my god! What should we do?” one of the nurse kept on ranting unable to calm herself down.

“Ok. Now I need you both to calm down and get me the surgery kit.” Answered the doctor calmly.

As the doctor ed the girl’s shirt, to her horror, she saw an extremely long and deep cut all the way from her left shoulder to her top of her right hip. Boy, was it deep. Deep enough to actually see visible pieces of rib cages from that distance. 

“What the—. What in the world could have caused something like that?“ the doctor became lost for words.

As the nurses returned with the medical kit, the doctor just looked at the nurses and shook her head indicating that this girl is already beyond saving.


                                                                                                      ~~~


One hour had passed, Dr. Takahashi stood in front of the surgery table facing the motionless girl. 

 “What a beautiful girl. How traumatizing to see such a young and beautiful girl ending up like that.. I don’t even want to know what caused that huge scar on your body. *sigh* Rest in peace. I’ll patch up the scar beautifully.”

Reaching for her personal sewing kit, the doctor sewed the young girl’s flesh back together. The doctor then sat back on her table trying to forget the traumatic scene of the scar and ended up closing her eyes for a little while.

“Oof.. I almost fell asleep. I got to get home now.” the doctor shot up from her seat, packed her belongings and gave a final glance on the empty surgery table before heading home. Wait.. EMPTY?? 

Dr. Takahashi’s mouth was literally pried open in shock. “If this is some kind of joke, it’s not very funny!! You shouldn’t be making jokes about dead people!!” the doctor screamed, infuriated by the scene assuming that it was one of her personal nurses who’s trying to prank her. The doctor’s hair stood up when she heard a soft chuckle coming from her back.

“I think you’re funny.. Hehehe…”

As Dr. Takahashi turned around slowly, her eyes widened as to the horror she saw right before her eyes. It was the girl. YES. THE DEAD GIRL.. Chuckling right in front of the doctor’s eyes.

“What’s the matter? You look like you have just seen a ghost.” The girl chuckled again..

“G-G-Ghost!! KKKKYYYYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!”

“Shhhh…” the girl whispered while putting a finger across Dr. Takahashi’s lips signaling her to stop screaming. “If you don’t alert anyone into this room, I’ll tell you everything. Do we have a deal?”

Being too afraid to speak, the doctor just nodded her head fearfully. 

“Well, you seem to be a little too afraid of me right now. So why not I prove to you that I mean you no harm?”. Being already so close to the doctor, the girl gave her a peck on the cheeks. Her lips felt cold. Way too cold. It was as if she doesn’t have any body temperature at all.

“Y-Y-You’re t-too c-c-cold…” 

“Just calm yourself down. Just breathe in and breathe out. Like how you calm your nurses down earlier”

“W-Wait.. You were listening the whole time? B-But you were lying there.. A-And y-you’re not breathing.”

“Well, let’s just say I can hold my breath for a very very long time.” The girl smiled trying to reassure the doctor that she is indeed harmless.

“B-But the scar.. And y-your h-heart! It’s not beating. Why? WHY? W-Who are you?” the doctor panicked all over again.

The girl playfully opens her arm wide. “I am what you are looking at right now! A zombie!”

“B-But zombies do not look like that. They have rotten flesh and they d-definitely do not look t-this beautiful.” the doctor held up a scissors in one hand and a scalpel in another trying to retaliate.

The girl gave an evil grin “This is the second time you called me beautiful. Do you really think I’m beautiful?”

“W-Well, I do think you’re beautiful, but that does not change the fact that you’re a zombie. Zombies eat human flesh. Y-You’re not gonna eat me too, are you?” the doctor pointed both the scissors and scalpel to the direction of the girl.

“No, I do not eat human flesh. It’s gross.. And could you please put those things down? It’s dangerous. I mean, not like it will do anything to me though. I’m quite sure as a surgeon, you weren’t thought to use a scissors and scalpel to point at somebody’s face like that. It’s just plain rude.. Just calm down a little and let me explain for myself, ok? I mean, aren’t you curious about me?” the doctor silently nodded while slowly lowering both her arms.

“Now since you’ve finally calmed down, let me introduce myself. My name is Maeda Atsuko. You’re free to call me Acchan since that’s what all my friends call me.”

“You have friends? I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but I mean, you’re a zombie after all.” Questioned the puzzled doctor.

“Oh yeah. Of course you don’t know anything. You’re a human. Basically, the existence of all supernatural beings like myself were to be kept secret from humans.”

“What do you mean by that? You mean that there are other supernatural beings other than yourself?”
Maeda nodded. “Well, there’re the zombie species like myself, werewolves, vampires, the rare angels and demons, and finally the rarest of them all, known as the nephilims. All which were disguised in human form living lives as how normal humans do. Which is why most of us were forced to change jobs from time to time and lied about our age because our lifespan are not similar to a normal human’s.”

“This all makes sense now! Recently I found a lot of unexplained bite marks and scratches from some bodies that I examined. Those injuries looked too much even for a grizzly bear’s attack. It must’ve been some supernatural creature! This is a big discovery!”

Maeda giggled looking at how fascinated and excited the short doctor has become compared to few moments ago. “I think you’re cute.” Maeda told it straight to Dr. Takahashi’s face halting her from all the excitement.

“E-Eh? Erm.. Thank you, I guess..” Dr. Takahashi blushed a little at the sudden comment. “Oh yeah, I haven’t introduced myself yet. Silly me. My name is Takahashi Minami. You may call me Minami or Takamina. Emm.. if you don’t mind me asking, how did you-emm-discover that you’re a zombie?”

“I only remember waking up one day feeling very strange. My eyes were all blurry and my whole body felt too light. I then noticed I had woke up in a very tight box just enough to fit myself. I tried to smash the top part of the box. To my fascination, the box broke very easily as I also saw pieces of the ground bursting out on top of me, revealing the starry night of the sky. I climbed out of the box and I found out I was in the middle of the graveyard. There was a tombstone right in front of me that states :

Here lies the body of

MAEDA ATSUKO

1945-1965

May she rest in Peace.


That is how I know my name.”

“Wow, 1965 means 48 years ago. Means you’re about 68 years old now. Haha, I guess you’re an obaasan. So what happened before that?” Takamina said jokingly.

“I… don’t remember..” Maeda lowered her head while trying to contain her tears. Takamina lost her smile immediately.

“I… I just wish I remembered who my family were. Who I belong with. Where did I used to live in.. And.. and what actually happened to me..” tears stared to flow down her cheeks as Maeda couldn’t resist the temptation to cry anymore.

Takamina embraced Maeda immediately not uttering a single word. The both of them stood there as if time just stopped moving. “Acchan.. I’m sorry for asking. I never knew you had been through this so long on your own.” Takamina caressed Maeda’s hair like how a mother would with her daughter.

Minami felt so warm. I wish I could stay in this position longer.” thought Maeda.

“Sniff.. It’s ok, Minami. I was just a little sensitive. But weren’t you afraid of me? I’m a zombie.”

“Well, I was a little bit freaked out just now, but I don’t feel this way now anymore. Besides, I am already 22 years old. I’m quite sure I know how to differentiate between good or bad. The same goes to you, Acchan. Even though you’re not a human, I know deep down inside, your heart is as pure as a driven snow. So, stop crying, ok.”

“Sniff.. Ok.” Takamina wiped the excess tears off Maeda’s face and gave her a warm smile.

“Hey, guess what. I’m going to meet up with some friends this Friday. I would like to introduce you to them. What do you think?” Takamina excitingly suggested.

“B-But what will your friends think of me if they find out I’m a zombie? They will leave you. I do not want to be the reason of somebody else’s misery.”

“Aww.. How sweet of you to care about me this much. No worries. Just act normally like how you did for the past 48 years. Just try not to let them touch your icy cold body and Acchan, just remember to breathe, ok?” Takamina said playfully with a wink.

“Ok.” Maeda finally smiled.

“So, do you have a place to stay?”

“Erm...” Maeda rolled her eyes trying to think of an excuse.

“Where have you been staying all these time then?”

“Well, it’s kinda hard to explain now though.”

“In that case, you are invited as a permanent guest to my house from now onwards. I’ll lend you some of my clothes and you’re going to tell me more about yourself.” Takamina said in a cheerful tone.

“Thanks a lot Minami!” Maeda pounced towards Takamina and hugged her tightly. Takamina blushed slightly at the sudden action of Maeda.

“H-Hey. Not too tight. Let’s go home, Acchan. I just can’t wait for Friday to come.”

The day started off with a shocking encounter with a zombie and ended with a blooming of a new friendship.


Prologue 1 – A shocking encounter with a zombie
END

Next chapter : Prologue 2 – My girlfriend is a werewolf?