When?

Behind the scenes of Miss Two-Faced

Gongchan pov

   I nervously walked towards the door that I've looked at more than 100 times but never approached. I never thought I would ever enter this house which seemed like a dream to me. The house of my first love.

   After I stood there for god knows how long, I'm reminded of that time when I had to apologise to Jimin about the ball incident. Her beautiful innocent face, and the first I saw her genuinely smile.

   I felt my heart hurt. Like it was squeezed. I want to see that beautiful smiling face again. And that thought brought me back to reality. The door was still there, looking so scary to me.

   I remembered the words Namjoo-ssi told me,"You have to ask permission from her father." And I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

   I heard screaming from inside of the house as I knocked on the door. The door opened slowly, and popped a cute face in between the door and the door frame. It was one of the twins.

   "Anyeong!" I exclaimed.

   Her eyes rounded surprised, and then she smiled cutely. "Oppaaa," she said shyly.

   "Oh Jaena-yah~" I said. I hope I got the right name, these twins look too identical.

   Before she could respond, I felt someone walk next to me. 

   "Jaehyun-ah, go in," the person said. The twin pouted, waved at me and ran in. I glanced to the source of the voice. It was him. That guy who talks to Jimin naturally.

   Wait she's Jaena right? I then thought... or am I going to lose to this junior.

   He was staring at me the whole time, I didn't notice. When I turned to him, he bowed and said, "Anyeonhaseyo. Noona isn't here today," 

   "I know," I said slightly enraged. Who is this guy to act like he owns the place-- wait... "Noona?" 

   "Yeah... Jimin noona.. I only have one noona," he said giving me a weird look.

   "Your real noona?" I asked skeptical.

   He nodded slowly. I mentally hit myself. Yeah he's that guy who is in love with Jimin! What a smart assumption. And also, that apparently wasn't Jaena. I feel so dumb-founded. Stupid. Idiot. Lovesick . 

   "Umm.." the boy sounded, as he stood there awkwardly.

   I smiled to him, "Call me Gongchan hyung," 

   He nodded slowly and gave an awkward smile, "I'm Majun,"

   "Majun-ah," I started and gulped nervously.

Majun pov

   Of course I knew this hyung, I saw him play once at the finals, our school was home then, and our seniors played. He was pretty good, along with Baro hyung, but unfortunately lost by one, it was the referee being biased, even I had to agree it wasn't fair.

   I tease noona about him sometimes, the 1st time I , she was like, "How do you know his name??" and at the time noona was in a high mood as she was listening to a happy song, so she was cool.

And he's cool... I guess he's okay for noona, I respect him.

   "Is your father home?" hyung asked. I blinked surprised. Appa? Appa wae?

   "Uhh... yeah he's watching tv," I awkwardly stated.

   "Can I meet him please?" he said nervously. 

   "Wait.." I said not knowing what to do. I walked towards my father, "Umm.. appa.. someone ani.. noona's friend wants to see you," my father finally turned away from the tv upon hearing the last bit of the sentence.

   He narrowed his eyebrows and didn't say anything. My father was like that, he doesn't talk unless its necessary. Well he talks to me more since I'm the only other boy in the family. Yea football.

   My mother then came in from the kitchen, "Who's at the door?"

   "Noona's friend," I replied.

   "Did you tell her your sisters not home?" my mother asked as she sat beside my father.

   I nodded, "He,omma," I corrected.

   Both of them turned to me. "He??" my mom exclaimed.

   My mother was shocked and she began rambling while father just looked slightly confused.

   "What are you doing?? Let him in!" my mother exclaimed.

   I pouted annd nodded afterwards, I walked towards the door and gestured hyung to come in.

   He came in awkwardly and followed me to the living room. My mother apparently went to the kitchen.

   "Anyeonghaseyo, Jimin's classmate and friend Gong Chanshik iminida," hyung bowed 90 degrees, and lower actually.

   My father turned to him after his introduction and gave hyung a nod as a sign of awknowledgement. 

   "Sit," my father said. I sat next to hyung, I knew if I left, it would look rude and my parents would scold me for that.

   It became quiet as my fathers gaze went back to the game. Hyung sat next to me nervously not knowing what to do.

   After a while my mother came with a drink and snacks. Hyung instantly stood up,bowed and introduced himself. My mother who is pretty much opposites in term of personality with my father, smiled and said as she told him to eat and drink, she lightly hit appa.

   "Jimin's friend? What brings you here Chanshik-ssi?" my mother asked.

   Then suddenly a loud wailing was heard. My mother sighed and excused herself.

   Well whoever made Haemi cry, pretty much saved hyungs . I heard hyung sigh queitly in relief.

   My father then said, "What do you think of the game," his eyes still on the tv.

   Hyung looked at me startled, then when he noticed he was being asked he said, "Oh Park Jisung's kick was great as always--" hyung started his football talk. And honestly I was amused, to be able to talk like this with my father, he became more relaxed throughout his talk although still very tense.

   And my father slightly nodded in agreement. Well, my father awknowledges him.

   Throughout the game, hyung was nervous but he spoke with confidence in a polite manner. He even poured a drink for my father and me, and my mother who came in with Haemi following her. Haemi saw hyung and beamed, "Oppa!"

   She jumped onto hyung and my parents were slightly taken aback at Haemi, since Haemi only does that to people she's seen atleast 5 times. Even I was slightly shocked.

   When the game finally ended, my mother was dragged away by Haemi who wanted a drink. And us three were the only left.

   "Why are you here?" my father finally asked in a monotonous tone. 

   "Mr Shin.. I would like to ask for permission to hang out with your daughter."

............. I can finally find the right words to describe how I feel right now, shock. Utterly shocked.

Gongchan pov

   I asked him. I wanted to just run away, but that would be rude.

   "When?" 

   I instantly faced Mr Shin, I blinked. "Excuse me?" I stuttered.

   "When?" he repeated.

   I struggled to find the right words.. "I'll tell you when next time.." I then said.

   Mr Shin nodded and stood up, he was about to head to the kitchen, but instead he told Majun to clear the table. And when he left he said, "Take care of my daughter," and patted my back.

  "Sorry I wasn't able to have a decent conversation with you," Mrs Shin exclaimed as she entered.

   I stood up and bowed, "No, it's okay," I stuttered, still unable to process this situation.