Chapter 27

That's Not Possible!

"Put your hair up in a bun!"

"Actually, wait. Lemme do a French braid on you."

"No! She looks prettier with her hair down! No braid whatsoever!"

"What do you mean? It's windy outside so her hair will get in her face."

"See? A bun."

 

I sigh, hearing Eunbi, Yejin, Byunghun and Changhyun bicker in Eunbi and my room. She's moved in with us, so we're sharing a room.

 

"Guys?" I interrupt their loud,ear drum popping conversation.

 

They all turn to look at me with small smiles.

 

"I think I'll stick to a simple ponytail," I announce, and bring my hair up into a neat one in front of the mirror.

 

It's obvious they're all dissapointed, but Byunghun recovers first. He walks up to me and pats my shoulder.

 

"Either way, you still look stunning. Chanhee would think you look beautiful," he says, smiling at me encouragingly. I smile back at him and sling my bag over my shoulder.

 

"Well, then. I'm off! Changhyunnie, take care of Yejin, okay? You too, Byunghun. Unnie, come on!"

 

Eunbi and I wave our goodbyes to Changhyun, Byunghun and Yejin, and run outside. We get inside Minsoo's car, which has been parked outside for at least 10 minutes. As soon as we're inside, Eunbi is showered with kisses. I giggle at the sight, knowing Chanhee would probably do the same to me when we get to the restaurant later.

 

"Sorry we took so long, oppa. We didn't know what to do with her hair," Eunbi says, putting her seatbelt on.

 

I reach for mine and say, "What do you mean, we? I knew since the beginning. You just made a whole fuss over it."

 

Minsoo just chuckles and says, "Yeah, my baby's always like that."

 

That earned him a slap on the shoulder.

 

-

 

Our double date takes place at a not-so-fancy restaurant, obviously since we're just teenagers with no income. It's a nice two-story building that has a comfy, homey atmosphere to it. The top floor is open, basically a roof top, but has many tables, so that's where we sit.

 

Chanhee's already seated at a four-people table, so I guess that's where we'll be seating. I was planning to surprise him, since his back is against us, but Minsoo hollers his name and waves his arm in the air. Chanhee turns, and I'm stuck in a weird pose, slouching with arms like a t-rex.

 

"Hyeri!"

 

His chuckle rings in my ears, and I immediately straighten up.

 

"Oppa!" I squeal, running to him and hugging him, wanting to forget the awkwardness.

 

He laughs again and hugs me back.

 

"You look so pretty," he says as we pull away.

 

"Awh, you too."

 

"I'm not pretty."

 

"You know what I mean."

 

"Yeah, I do. I love you too."

 

-

 

LMAO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY SHORT (WORD COUNT 468) EXTREMELY CHEESY EXTREMELY SLOPPY CHAPTER IM SORRY BUT THIS IS WHAT MY IMAGINATION CAN MUSTER UP RIGHT NOW.