Chapter 12

That's Not Possible!
(Hyeri)

I was walking down the road towards my house when I heard him calling my name. I turned around slowly. Chunji ran towards me and engulfed me in a tight hug. When we pulled away, he was grinning.

"Chunjiiiiiiiiiiii~"

"Whaaaaaaatttttt~"

"Why are you smiling like thaaaaaatttt~"

"Nothiiiiiiinnngggg~"

I cleared my throat and looked at him darkly.

"Okay, Chunji, I mean it. What's gotten into you?"

"lulz okay, I give up. You found a date for the prom yet?"

I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Why do you ask? You gonna ask me?", I asked wiggling my eyebrows.

He scratched his head and pouted. "Eh? No. Girls ask, right? Oh, does this mean you haven't found a date yet?"

I blushed. "Umm.. Yeah.."

"OOOOHHHHHHHH!!" He poked my stomach multiple times, tickling me.

"Gah! Op- Oppa! S- stop!"

And he stopped. He leaned forward, eyes wide. I had to lean back a bit because he was too close to me. He kept leaning, so I was pushed up against someone's fence. He finally stopped 2 inches from my face.

"Oppa?", he asked, voice small.

"Oppa?", he repeated, his voice now louder.

He went back to his original position.

"That's new..", he said rubbing his chin.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued walking.

"Yah! Hyeri!"

He grabbed me by the shoulder and turned me around.

"Will you forever call me 'oppa'?", he asked grinning mischievously.

"EH?"

"You should call me 'oppa' from now on." He smiled innocently.

"Eh? Heck no.", I replied, waving off the idea, walking across the road.

He followed me and clung to my shoulder.

"Aww pwease Hyeri?", he asked in an aegyo voice. "Pweasepweasepweasseee??"

I sighed, but I smiled. "What choice do I have?"

He grinned. "Exactly. You have none." And he slung his arms around my waist, pulled me close and kissed the side of my head.

The rest of the way home, he kept holding my hand, and once in a while he'd let out fingers intertwine. When we got to my house, he stopped at the front. We said our goodbyes, but when I unlocked the door, he grabbed my hand and turned me around.

"Hey, Hyeri."

"Hm?"

"I don't care if it's Sadie Hawkins or not, so be my date?"

He had asked it so softly and so sweetly, I really could've melted into a puddle of goo right there.

I didn't do anything but hug him.

"So I take that as a 'yes'?"

"YES!"

He wrapped his arms around me, lifted me up and twirled me around. He set me down and swept my bangs away from my face. He laughed and ruffled my hair, making it messier than before.

"Oppa!", I complained.

He eye-smiled. "Say that again.", he cooed.

"Oppa!" But this time I made it fun-er.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair a bit more. He held my hands and leaned in, then kissed my cheek.

"Bye, Hyeri! See you tomorrow!", he exclaimed, waving bye.

"Bye, oppa!"

He waved once more before running off.

I squealed and ran inside the house. I shut the door and locked it.

"YES YES YES YESSSS!!!", I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

I heard someone thundering down the stairs. I plopped down on the sofa and opened a magazine just as Yejin's head popped up from behind the wall.

"Unnie?"

I looked up and tried to hide my smile. "Hmm?"

"You just got home?", she asked, stepping out from behind the wall.

I gasped as she twirled round. She was wearing a strapless baby blue dress that stopped right above her knees. It was decorated with pearly coloured beads and sequins, and it showed her curves nicely.

"Oh.."

"MY GOD! Yejin! You are so pretty in that dress!" I squealed and jumped up from the sofa. I ran to her and squeezed her tight.

"Can't- BREATHE!"

I let go of her and took a closer look.

"When did you buy this?", I asked her.

"Just now. Like, 30 minutes ago. With my friends."

"Awwhh you and your friends have such a good fashion sense!"

I told her to change to some more comfortable clothes and we would have a chat.

I was in my room doing laying down on the bed when Yejin came in and belly-flopped down on the bed.

"Sooo did you ask him yet?", she asked, drawing loops and circles on my notebook.

"Uh.. No, actually."

"NOT YET? There's, like, only 3 days left!" She groaned and put the pen down.

"Heeyyyy I wasn't done talking yeeetttt~"

"Okay, okay, continue.", she said holding her hands up.

"HE asked ME."

"WHAT?! REALLY?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"I said yes, of course."

After a few minutes of Yejin's fangirling, I decided to turn the tables.

"Did YOU ask HIM yet?"

Even if she was hiding her face behind her hair, I could tell she was smiling. "Yes. And guess what he said."

"No?", I joked.

She snorted and snapped her head towards me.

"He said yes, idiot!", she picked up the pen and tapped my head. "Why would I be smiling and trying out that dress if he said no?"

I laughed. "Okay okay. Oh! Can I ask you something."

"Yeah, sure, what is it?"

"What did you mean 'I'm sure Niel oppa would say yes'?"

She blinked once then Iowered her head. She coughed.

"About that.. I think I should explain."

-------------------

Okay, I want to say sorry for not updating for two weeks. I really really am sorry.
Anyway, next chapter will be focused around Niel.
Tell me what you think about the story so far?