Chapter 14

That's Not Possible!
"Noona!"

Hyeri hesitated, but turned around. She gave him a small smile as Niel ran to her with his umbrella over his head.

"Noona, why aren't you using your umbrella?", Niel asked, looking down at Hyeri's un-used umbrella.

Hyeri looked from Niel to the umbrella in her hands. "The umbrella fell, so I thought, why still use it, I'm wet already, anyway."

He frowned. "Noona, it still could have protected you from the rain. Whether you're soaking wet or not, you keep using the umbrella."

Hyeri just kept looking at Niel's face. She had never realized he'd grown up so much from when they first met, until now. He looked so much more mature, so much more handsome..

"Noona?", his voice interrupted her thoughts.

She quickly realized that her hand was on Niel's cheek and pulled it back. "I-- I'm sorry, Niel.", she apologized and looked down. "I guess I'm not myself today." She chuckled nervously under her breath.

Niel's cheeks began to tint a light shade of pink. Nevertheless, he cleared his throat and held Hyeri's wet hand.

"It's okay, noona. Come on, we should get you to the nurse to see if you have a fever or not." He pulled Hyeri under the umbrella and together, they walked towards the school building.

-----------

"ACHOO!" Hyeri sneezed for the n-th time that day.

"Aigoo~ Hyeri, why did you not use your umbrella today?", L.Joe asked for probably the hundredth time that day.

Teen Top, along with Eunbi, was sitting around in Yejin and Hyeri's living room, squeezed together. On one couch sat Hyeri, who was between L.Joe and Chunji. On the other couch, sat Minsoo and Eunbi, and Niel next to Minsoo. And on the floor, sat Ricky, Yejin and Changjo.

Hyeri sighed and laid her head down on Chunji's lap. She stretched herself and placed her legs on L.Joe's lap. She closed her eyes and smiled as she felt Chunji carress her hair and face.

Hyeri shivered as she remembered the nurse's words.

"Noona, are you cold? I can go get some blankets if you want..", Changjo's voice rang in her ears. She heard him shuffling around.

"Erghh no Changjo, that's not necessary."

Changjo shrugged and sat back down.

*flashback/dream*

"ACHOO!", Hyeri sneezed.

The nurse shook her head. "Oh dear. Seriously, darling, you should really use your umbrella. Why did you drop it in the first place, anyway?"

Hyeri shrugged. "I was just thinking about some stuff."

The nurse sighed. "Was it THAT important until you dropped your umbrella and didn't notice it until ten seconds later?"

Again, Hyeri just shrugged and the nurse just sighed.

Handing Hyeri a bottle of pills, the nurse said: "Take care of your self okay? You wouldn't want your boyfriend to worry about you too much."

Hyeri's eyes widened and she shook her head furiously. "He-- He's not my boyfriend."

The nurse raised her eyebrows. "Are you sure he's not your boyfriend? He seems very sweet. Very handsome, as well."

Hyeri shook her head again. "I have my eyes on someone else, unnie.", she said, looking down. Behind her hair, she was smiling.

"And who might that be?"

"Lee Chanhee."

"Oh. I see."

Hyeri looked up to see the nurse looking at her intently. "You should go now, young lady. He's still waiting outside, you know."

Hyeri nodded and hopped down from the bed. "Thanks unnie."

There was no reply from the nurse, even when she had already reached Niel, who was outside waiting.

*end of flashback/dream*

(Hyeri)

I opened my eyes and saw that the room was dimly lit, not like before. There was some light from the kitchen, and the TV was as well; the movie 'Mission Imposisble: Ghost Protocol' was playing.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, then looked down. L.Joe was no longer at my feet; Changjo was there instead. He was watching the movie intently, eyebrows furrowed. He noticed me sit up and turned his attention to me.

"Omo. Noona, are you feeling better?", he asked, placing the back of his hand on my forehead. I chuckled dryly and put my hand on top of his. "Don't worry, dongsaengie, I'm way better now."

Changjo smiled, removing his hand from my head.

"Oh right. Jonghyun-ah, where's everyone else?", I asked him. "Well, L.Joe hyung and CAP hyung and Eunbi noona left early. L.Joe hyung won't tell us why and the other two are out on a date. Everyone else is in the kitchen.. Except us."

He shifted his eyes shifted somewhere else, somewhere behind me. He wiggled his eyebrows, stood up and fixed his clothing. He said: "I'll be in the kitchen!" and ran off.

I scoffed and turned around to see Chunji looking at me. I turned my body around to face him. "Oppa, why are you looking at me like that?"

He scoffed playfully. "Me? Look at you? Like that? Like what?" A playful smile was plastered on his face. I grinned. "Nevermind."

I stood up and ped my jacket, waved at Chunji and ran towards the kitchen. There, I found my mom and dad in front of the stove, Yejin and Ricky beside them. Changjo was sitting on the stools around the island and Niel was sitting on the counter beside the sink.

Niel noticed me standing at the doorway and ran towards me, engulfing me in a hug when he reached me. "Noona! You're awake!"

At first I thought it would feel weird, especially now that I know he likes me, but I hugged him back anyway. "Yeah, just now. Didn't Changjo tell you guys that?"

Niel looked at Changjo and said: "No.. In fact, he didn't say anything.."

"But anyway, how are you feeling now, noona?", he asked, doing the same thing as Changjo did before. I replied with the same exact words: "Don't worry, dongsaengie, I'm way better now."

I patted Niel's cheeks and ran behind Ricky. "Appa, what's for dinner today?", I asked, poking my head out from behind Ricky's shoulders.

Appa had his eyebrows furrowed, and was slicing leeks. Beside him, Ricky was cutting some other green vegetable. "We're cooking fish. You know that Chinese-style steamed fish?" I nodded and looked at Yejin, who was cutting kimchi.

"Yejin, are you making kimchi fried rice?" She nodded and pointed towards umma. "Umma's making seaweed soup, unnie." I nodded in understandment.

I was about to turn around to go back to the living room and watch the movie.. But a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I felt something pressing on the top of my head.

"Oppa, I know that's you..."

"DAMMIT!" He relased me and turned me around, poked my cheek and ran off.

I ran after Chunji, and the last thing that I saw before I left the kitchen was Niel staring at me, right in the eye.