Chapter 16

That's Not Possible!
(Hyeri)

Chunji pressed his forehead on mine and smiled. Hell, I could've melted into a puddle of goo right there just because of that smile.

I closed my eyes and placed my hands on Chunji's, which were cupping my face. Suddenly, his forehead left mine and were soon followed by his hands, causing my own hands to fall to my lap.

When I opened my eyes, Chunji was no longer looking at me. Instead, her was looking towards his right. I followed his gaze and my heart dropped as when I saw WHO he was looking at - Niel.

As soon as our gaze met, he lowered his head. After a while, he looked up again, but his lips were curved upwards in a smile. He chuckled bitterly.

"Oh my gosh, noona, hyung. Seriously? Kissing in front of your best friend?" Niel shook his head. He clucked his tounge. "Gross." He walked away towards the dining room.

I looked at Chunji, whose head was hung low. "I-- I have to go, Chunji." He nodded and leaned back on the couch, while I just ran towards the dining room.

I found Niel playing 'rock, scissors, paper' with Ricky and Yejin near the dining table. I approached him and tapped his shoulder. "We need to talk."

"Yes, noona?", Niel asked me.

"I know, Niel."

"You know what, noona?"

I sighed. "Can we talk outside?", I asked. He nodded and we walked to the front door. The cold wind from outside hit me like daggers when I opened the door. We walked to the driveway and leaned on appa's car.

"Look, Niel, I know--"

"Okay, noona, you got me. I like you, okay? But I know you like Chunji hyung, so I--" He paused. I could see tears welling in his eyes, ready to drop any second. "--so I'll back off." His voice cracked at the last part, and I knew his tears were spilling even without looking at him.

"I know. I know how much hyung likes you back. No, scratch that, love." I looked at him, but he faced away from me. "Everytime he talks about you, I'd feel jealous that you two are way closer to each other than we are."

"I'm tired, noona. I'm tired of suppressing that feeling of jealousy and anger. I was considering to tell you tonight.." He paused again. "But when I went into the room, you-- You.."

He cleared his throat and talked again. "I'm skipping that part. So I snapped. But I tried to keep calm. I tried not to burst out crying in front of everyone. But look at me now. Crying like a little kid."

There was silence.

"Being the nice and wise friend I am, I have decided to let you go and give you to Chunji hyung. I want you to be happy with him, noona. Please, don't pity me. Don't hug me, or kiss me, or do anything nice just because you pity me. Really, don't. I HATE being pitied."

I tried to laugh, really, but what came out was a mixture between a laugh and a cough. I burst out laughing, for no real reason. Soon, he joined my laughing, and I felt like the tension in the air was lifted.

"Oh my gosh, noona, you sounded like a cow.", he joked, laughing in between words. He had wiped his tears, and looked like a crying-slash-laughing thick-lipped clown(lolxD).

"Yah! Ahn Daniel!" I smacked his arm and continued laughing.

After the laughing session, we decided to go back in, due to the cold winds.

"Aigoooo~ Oh! Noona, how did you find out?", he suddenly asked me at the doorstep, still wheezing after all that laughing.

"Eh? Find out? About what?" Then it hit me. "Oh.."

I scratched the back of my head and then said: "Well, Yejin told me."

His eyes widened. "Yejin? Oh my gosh, SHE told you that? She promised she would never! Oh my gosh I'm so going to kill her!"

"Hahah. Very funny, Niel. If you did, Ricky and my whole family would hunt you down."

"They wouldn't dare.", he said, but was grinning idiotically.

I reached for the door knob, but he held my hand. "Noona, tell them I'm going home already, okay?"

I looked at him in disbelief. "Hell no, Ahn Daniel you are staying here."

"Noona, if you don't want this love triangle to become more complicated, I suggest you do as I say.", he said with a serious expression.

"Okay.." I pouted.

"NOONA! SHTAHP IT DON'T DO DAT IZZ DRIVIN' ME CRAYZEEEHHHH!!!", he suddenly exclaimed.

"KYA NIEL STOPPP!!", I yelled, covering his mouth with my hand. I could tell behind my hand that we was grinning from ear to ear.

I slowly removed my hand, and sighed in relief when he didn't yell again.

"Noona, I'm leaving, okay? I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded and hugged him. He hugged me back, but all of a sudden his grip went loose. He pushed me away and asked, eyes squinted: "You're not hugging me out of pity, right?"

"No, hell no, Daniel. I want to hug you before you go. Just incase I die tonight or something.", I joked sarcastically, rolling my eyes in the process.

He laughed. "Okay then, come here." And he pulled me into his warm embrace once again.

--------------

"Where's Niel hyung?", Ricky asked me when I went inside. "And what took you so long? And why was it so loud outside?"

I groaned and plopped down on the couch. "Gosh, Ricky, it's like you're the police and I'm the criminal or something."

He blushed. "Umm.. So yeah, answer my questions please?"

"He went home. We were talking about stuff. He yelled and I had to yell back, plus we were laughing like crazy. There, you happy?"

"Oops, looks like someone's in a crappy mood.", Changjo sang, sitting down next to Ricky on the other couch. He had a small Haagen Dazs cup in one hand and a spoon in the other. I glared at him but he shrugged. "Yup, I'm correct.", he said, shoving a spoonful of vanilla icecream in his mouth.

"Are you really in a bad mood, Hyeri?" I looked up to see Chunji staring at me from the door way leading to the kitchen.

"No. Believe me, I'm not. Just tired. Besides, I was outside for who knows how long. It's cold, and I think I just made my fever worse." Right after that, I sneezed. "And seriously, Changjo. Ice cream in winter?"

Changjo nodded and stuffed another spoon of the delicacy in his mouth.

Chunji came over and sat next to me, then grabbed a blanket from who knows where, it just magically appeared hahahahhahahaha lol, and covered my body with it. "I'll make you some hot chocolate." He kissed my forehead and left.

"Whoa. Since when did he become so nice?", Changjo asked, again stuffing ice cream in his mouth. This guy really loves ice cream.

"And kissy kissy?", Ricky added, but I ignored him.

"I don't know, maybe since we first met?", I suggested sarcastically.

"Wrong." It was Chunji's voice.

We all snapped our heads towards the voice's direction. Chunji was standing at the doorway that lead to the kitchen.

"Since she became my girlfriend."

He ran towards me and pecked me on the lips before running away again.

"WHAT?!"

-----------

Guise guise guess wat...
I made a new fanfic and it's a oneshot!
About da one and onlay Chunjay~
All Chunjay luvvers or not you shuwd rayd ittt
Here's da link don click on it, if you click, it wont do anytin so copay da link and open a new page and and and payst it and press enter hahahaha okai.

Clean Up Da Coca-Cola~: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/658968/clean-up-da-coca-cola-chunji-fluff-teentop

Hahaha okei I talk too much.