Chapter 18

That's Not Possible!
As soon as the bell rang, Yejin and Eunbi immediately dragged me to the mall. As in literally, DRAG. We stopped to buy bubble tea, and after that we ran to the nearest clothing shop.

Almost immediately after we stepped into the boutique, Yejin had already pulled a dress of the rack. She showed it to me and it was a strapless purple dress with beads that were sewn in to look like flowers. I was about to touch it, but Eunbi saw it and flicked her hand, then said: "Hell no. It's way too short."

"At least let her try it.", Yejin whined.

So I did. And Eunbi was right - it was too short. It was at least 10cm above my knees, and it revealed too much.

After another four dresses that were either too revealing, too brightly colored or too bling, Yejin came with a simple white dress. I liked white - it was my favorite color. To my dissapointment, it was too big for me and there were no smaller sizes.

Yejin ran to find more dresses while I waited in the dressing room. After a while, I heard a knock on the door.

"Hyeri? Open up. I got you something.", I heard Eunbi say from the other side of the door. I opened the door and took the dress.

It was a simple off-the-shoulder pastel blue dress. The bottom was a bit ruffled, and it had no sequins whatsoever.

I slipped it on, and hell I must say, I look pretty good!

"Hyeri, are you done?"

"Yup!"

I smoothed the dress down once more and opened the door. I stepped out and twirled around.

"What do you think?", I asked, setting my arms by my sides.

They just stared at me. For like, the next five minutes!

"Yah! Say something!"

Eunbi raised her hands. "Hyeri, I swear, you look like a goddess."

Yejin nodded. "Yea, I bet Chunji oppa would go head over heels over you when he sees you, unnie."

I swear I went red.

"Well what are you waiting for? We're buying this!"

-------------

(Chunji)

I smoothed my suit down to hide any crinkles. I shivered in the cool night air, and walked towards the front door of Hyeri's house. I pushed the bell and looked at the rose on my left hand.

The door opened, and Eunbi was standing there. She was wearing a one-shouldered dress, light purple in color that stopped just below her knees. I just looked at her as she twirled around. "Chunjay. Whaddya think Minsoo oppa would think of this dress?"

I raised my free hand up and stuck my thumb up, signalling a thumbs up. "Minsoo hyung would think you look classy. And you are." She smiled, and I asked where Hyeri was.

She pointed upwards, signalling that Hyeri was still upstairs. She smirked, then said: "Wait till you see her, Chanhee. You'll be dumbfounded.

And I was. I couldn't stop staring at Hyeri when she walked down the stairs. I thought to myself, is she really mine? What did I do to deserve her? Did I really kiss her that night?

When she took my hand, I no longer had to worry. She is mine, and will forever be mine.

I handed her the rose, and when she took it, I kissed the tip of her nose.

She looked at me and smiled.

"You're so beautiful, Hyeri."

Her smile grew wider.

"I love you."

---------------

This is NOT the ending of the story. NOT.