Chapter 13

That's Not Possible!
Hyeri sighed as she walked down the road towards her school. She gripped the umbrella tightly with both hands as the rain continued to fall to the ground. She looked up to find the grey sky staring at her. She sighed again as she looked down and remembered what Yejin had told her the day before.

*flashback*

"About that.. I think I should explain.", Yejin said with a worried look in her eyes.

Hyeri frowned. "Yejin, please don't tell me.."

Yejin nodded, knowing what her elder sister was thinking. "Yes, unnie. Niel oppa.. He.. He likes you."

Hyeri unfurrowed her eyebrows and groaned loudly, flipping her body and landing on the bed on her back.

"Gosh! Why does life have to be so hard?!", she complained and pulled on her hair harshly, closing her eyes in concentration.

"When did he tell you this, Yejin?", Hyeri asked, voice barely audible.

"When.. You know that night I dissapeared until 1am? The prom night when you and Niel went together as dates?"

Hyeri nodded. Her eyes snapped open and she shot a look towards Yejin. "Oh. My. Gosh. Yejin, please don't tell me you did it with Niel."

"Gosh! No! Hell no, unnie! Why would I?!"

Hyeri shrugged but then went back to pulling her hair.

"Anyway, that night Niel and I went to a cafe and talked about a lot of stuff. And I think he might have drunk too much sugar so he became kind of.. Um, on a sugar-high."

Hyeri could very well imagine that.

"So he just spilled everything. He told me you were pretty, your eyes shined like the stars. Your smile-"

"Okay, okay, I get that part. What else did he say?", Hyeri asked, annoyed.

"Well, after all the compliments, he said that that night was the best day of his life. Because he got to hold your hand. Put his arm around your waist. He said it was like having someone all to yourself."

Yejin paused and looked at her sister, who was wide-eyed and staring at the ceiling. She had stopped pulling her hair. Instead, she was picking up strands of hair and twirling them inbetween her fingers.

"He said, it felt like 'we were meant to be.'", Yejin finally concluded, using quotes on the phrase 'we were meant to be'.

Silence.

Hyeri looked at her sister and blinked. Not more than five seconds later, tears flooded down her face.

"Yejin-ah.. I never realized that he-" Her voice cracked as tears continued to stream down her cheeks. She didn't even bother to wipe them away.

"Yejin-ah.. Thankyou. You can go back to your room now." Hyeri forced the words out and tried to smile.

Yejin nodded. She walked towards the door and walked out. "Be strong, Hyeri.", she told her weeping sister before closing the door behind her.

As soon as Yejin left, Hyeri slumped down on the floor. She tucked her knees to her chest and cried into her hands.

"Niel-ah.. I'm so sorry.."

*end of flashback*

Hyeri was snapped back into reality by something cold washing over her body. One second later, she realized that the cold feeling was from the rain. The rain was washing down on her, and she felt like she was under a waterfall, suffering from the weight of the never-ending body of rolling water.

Hyeri looked down and saw that she had dropped her umbrella. She picked up the umbrella and closed it. Hey, what's the use of one when you're wet already?

She continued to walk, dragging her umbrella behind her. Just as she reached the gates, a familiar voice called her from behind.

"Noona!"

The only thing that crossed her mind was: "Holy crap. I'm so ed up."

----------------

Okay, so I said that this chapter will be focused on Niel. So. I kind of lied. But hey! At least it included Niel.. Right? Right?
Hahahhahah okay, so.. I think I'm going to create the Niel story now.. After I upload this chapter..
It's a new story, okay, so.. Expect the description to be up in.. 15 or 20 minutes? Maybe 30.
So yeah.
Ciao!