Chapter 23

That's Not Possible!

Hey guys! I'm back!

Ohkay, I'm not really free from all the studying, but I had some free time and decided to update!

I tried a new style of writing! That's right, using present tense!

Yeah, I've been reading the Divergent series and thought I might try writing with present tense!

DIVERGENT IS REALLY SAD AND VR IS EVIL FOR KILLING BEATRICE'S PARENTS

You may read now!

--------------------------------------------------------

To have a needle in my arm is nerve wracking. Especially that it’s so long and thin and when I move there’s a chance that it will break off and get stuck in my arm for the rest of my life unless I get a surgery which is even more nerve wracking—

Oh my gosh, Park Hyeri, get yourself together!

I brace myself as the nurse takes my arm and places the tip of the needle against the skin of the inside of my elbow. When she pushes it in, a sharp pain travels along my whole arm and my head pounds. If it wasn’t for me biting my lip, I probably would have screamed.

When she’s done taking my blood, she pulls the needle out and quickly places a gauze pad on the area. She presses it down and secures it with four thin strips of tape, two crossing vertically and two horizontally. It itches my skin, the gauze pad.

The nurse looks up at me and smiles, then says, “All done, young lady. Your friend is waiting for you outside.”

 I get up from my seat and bow, then walk out the room. Eunbi is really outside, her long sleeve rolled up. She scratches the area around the tape, probably not noticing me yet. I poke her and that’s when she recognizes my presence.

“H-hyeri! Y-you’re done,” she says, her face red. She quickly pulls her blue long sleeve down again and pushes herself off the wall. “Come on, I bet everyone else is waiting for us.”

She walks down the hall, and I follow her.

I never wanted to come to the hospital, but I had to. My parents are here, and my dad is dying. I have two reasons to hate hospitals. One, the creepy doctors wearing masks  and holding foreign medical instruments that look like they’re capable of murdering, and two, the bright walls and lights. They hurt my eyes.

We reach the waiting room and everyone is still there, but they’re all awake now.

Chanhee runs to me and wraps his arms around me. I wrap mine around him too, and squeeze him. When we pull away, he studies my face with a frown. I frown at him too, but then he chuckles.

“My baby didn’t cry. That’s good,” he says.

I stifle a laugh and just smile, then hug him again. He kisses my forehead.

I look over his shoulder and see Eunbi being showered with kisses from Minsoo. I giggle when he asks her if it hurt and she answers no, pouting. They sit down and she leans on his shoulder.

“Come on, oppa, let’s sit down,” I say, and we sit down.

We wait for the results, which takes half an hour. Everyone talks in hushed and quiet tones, and no one cracks jokes like they usually do. When we’re finally called to the doctor’s office, Eunbi takes my hand and she tugs, so I immediately stand up. I wave at Chanhee and we walk down the hall.

Eunbi and I don’t talk, but she hugs me when we’re outside the office. She whispers something I register as “Yam softy”, and when I’m about to ask the doctor calls us in and tells us to sit down.

He shuts the door and sits behind his desk, and we sit in the two seats in front of it.

“We have confirmed that both of you are O negative,” the doctor starts, and I nod.

I'm about to stand up, but Eunbi grabs my hand and tugs again, so I sit back down. I stare at her, and she just mouths, He’s not done.

The doctor looks down at a blue sheet of paper and raises his eyebrows. He looks back up and looks at me, then at Eunbi.

“You are twins, am I correct?”

-----------------------------------------------------

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Yes yes I know it's not much of a surprise anymore

I'll try to update again tomorrow, yeah?