Chapter 20

That's Not Possible!

After ice cream, Chahee brought me towards a playground nearby and we immediately attacked the swings. I sat on one and he pushed me lightly. I squealed in delight, feeling the wind in my hair and face.

"Oppa! It's your turn!"

I jumped off the swing and offered him the seat, but he shook his head.

He pointed at a bench and ran over, then sat down. "Hyeri, come join!"

I ran over and sat next to him, then leaned my head on his shoulder. We were silent for a while. "I want to stay like this forever..", I heard him say. I removed my head from his shoulder and looked at him. His eyes were closed, moth slightly apart and chest heaving lightly. I leaned my head on his shoulder again.

"Me too."

Chanhee nudged me all of a sudden. "You want to stay out here in the cold? With that dress? You'll get sick, you know that?"

I shrugged. "I didn't think about that. Anyway, your fault for saying you wanted to stay like that forever. We''ll be skeletons by 'forever'."

He laughed. "Let's go back to school. The others might be looking for us."

So we did. And turns out they were looking for us. They were in the parking lot, standing beside Minsoo oppa's car.

"CHUNJI HYUNG YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT WE WOULD NEVER SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN!", Ricky exclaimed, smacking Chanhee's arms. He pouted and hugged me. "Noona, don't ever dissapear like that ever again. I want to have a sister-in-law."

I laughed and looked at Yejin, who was blushing like mad. "Awww! Yejin, did you hear that? Changhyunnie wants to marry you! When's the wedding reception?" She pouted, but laughed soon after. "I'm only 15, unnie. Marrying Changhyun oppa is not on my to-do-list yet."

"SO WHO WANTS ICE-CREAM?!", Changjo shrieked.

Chanhee and I snickered to ourselves. Everyone looked at us. "What?", I asked, trying to hide my smile.

Minsoo oppa narrowed his eyes at us. "Something tells me you guys did something wicked.."

"BWOH?! Why is eating ice-cream 'something wicked'?1", Chanhee asked.

"EH?! YOU GUYS ATE ICE-CREAM ALREADY?"

"And you didn't take me with you..", Changjo whispered, pretending to be hurt.

"Then we'll go to the playground!", Niel exclaimed, raising his fist in te air.

Chanhee shook his head. "Done that too."

Everyone's faces dropped. "Oh my gosh, Hyeri, I thought you were my friend.", Eunbi said, placing a hand to her chest.

"WHO'S UP FOR A SLEEPOVER AT HYERI'S HOUSE?!", she exclaimed, and everyone else cheered. Chanhee looked at me and smiled. "Looks like you're gonna go through chaos tonight."

I nodded.

Hello, chaos.

----------------------

The boys went off and us three girls walked back towards my house. Since Eunbi came to my house to help me dress up, her clothes were left there and she didn't have to go back to her apartment.

"UNNIE WHAT IS UP WITH YOU. YOU SUDDENLY OFFER EVERYONE TO SLEEP OVER AT MY HOUSE? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR  RIGHT MIND?"

Eunbi laughed. "It's your fault for turning down all our suggestions."

We changed into pyjamas and sat in the living room until the boys came.

Changjo and Byunghun came first. They wore matching shirts, except that Changjo's was a wifebeater and Byunghun's was a hoodie. Ricky came next, followed by Minsoo oppa and Chanhee. As soon as they came, Minsoo opppa showered Eunbi with kisses and Chanhee did the same to me. Niel came soon after.

“Eeek! Okay, oppa. That’s enough.”, I squealed. I stood up and offered the single ones to follow me to the kitchen to make some popcorn. Only Byunghun and Niel stood up, and when Chanhee offered himself I declined and told him to keep watching The Conjuring.

I took some un-popped corn (AN: is that the correct term? ._.) from inside the cabinet and cut the packaging open. I poured them into a small pan and turned the heat on, then closed it with a lid.

“Can someone ask the others what type of popcorn they want? Salty or sweet?”

I heard footsteps rush out of the kitchen and soon voices came.

“SWEET!”

I laughed to myself and turned around to get the sugar, but bumped into something hard. I looked up and found Niel staring down at me.

“Niel, can you pass me the sugar please?”, I asked, looking down at my toes.

Niel reached behind him and handed me the jar of sugar. I opened the lid and turned down the heat, then poured some sugar into the pan. I mixed it around with a big spoon and closed the lid again. I turned around again and found Niel still standing there with the same expression as before.

“Niel, I want to thank you. If it wasn’t for you, Chanhee and I wouldn’t be as happy as we are right now.”

He nodded. “I want to thank you too, noona.”

I tilted my head. “Why do you need to thank me?”

“I want to thank you for being my first love. Even though I can’t have you, I finally realized what love really means and what it feels like to actually be in love. I’ve had a few crushes before, but I never liked anyone as much as I liked you. Therefore, I sincerely thank you.”

I smiled and nodded. “You’re welcome, Ahn Daniel. You will always be in my heart.”

Niel had a funny expression when I said that. “Noona, I think that was a bit over the top. Cheese overload!”

I laughed. “But really Niel, I mean it. I won’t ever forget you. Thank you.”

He laughed and hugged me. “I won’t forget you too, noona. Never.”