six

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you're still meeting that brat after our moment back in your room." Donghae mumbled as he eyed Hyukjae who was now dressed and ready to go.

 

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a questioning look who merely shrugged back at him.

Hyukjae sighed and faced the sulking fish. He didn't know how many times he had squealed inside his mind for fanboying over his best friend's cuteness that morning and the sight was not helping him at all. "Hae I already promised Kyu. It's for his project okay? He's just asking me to go with him since he doesn't have anyone to accompany him." He tried to explain but being the stubborn child Donghae was, he sulked even more and even turned his back on his best friend.

 

"He must be really bad that he doesn't even have friends at all." Donghae whispered but Hyukjae was able to hear it.

 

"That's rude of you Donghae. Don't talk about Kyuhyun like that. You had only met him once and that was not enough to judge him." The blond was now obviously frustrated at the attitude his best friend was showing and Donghae knew it. But the latter was being his stubborn self right now he didn't care about it at all.

 

Without words, Hyukjae picked up his bag, gave Donghae one last glance and walked out of their house. He knew it was useless to argue when the brunet's being like that.

 

"What the heck was that?" Baekhyun asked no one in particular but Chanyeol took the privilege of answering him.

 

Like he had any other choice.

 

"Apparently, our hyungs talked about something and my very intelligent brother -please note the sarcasm used- thought that it will stop Hyuk hyung from going out." He explained as he unwrapped a cola flavored lollipop and popped it inside his mouth, not really caring about his dramatic brother.

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae huffed as he sat at the farthest seat inside the bus, clearly bothered with Donghae's attitude.

 

"What's up with him? He's getting childish again but this time it's not funny." He said to himself and pouted as he looked outside, deciding to divert his mind with the scenery outside. True he was happy seeing how Donghae clearly valued him and their friendship but, Kyuhyun's also his friend and it was not right for Donghae to badmouth the younger guy when he didn't know anything about him.

 

He noticed that he was finally nearing his stop so he pressed the button signaling the driver and stood up from his seat. When he went down the bus, he smiled widely when he saw Kyuhyun standing a few meters away waving casually at him. They met halfway and on instinct, the younger's arms were wrapped around him, enveloping him in a friendly hug.

 

He excitedly asked Kyuhyun what they will do for the whole day and squealed when the younger told him everything. "We'll go to three museums around the metro then we'll end it with a musical tonight." He paused and showed the blonde two tickets. "Front seats hyung, front seats." He boasted with a grin.

 

It didn't seem like it but Hyukjae was a er for arts. He danced, true, but he also loved to roam around museums appreciating different kinds of artworks, the talent unfortunately he didn't have. People may find it boring and old fashioned but he didn't care one bit. He mentally cheered inside his mind for agreeing on accompanying Kyuhyun. He'll surely have fun and this will somehow take his mind off Donghae.

 

 

 

Speaking of the devilish fish…

 

 

As soon as Hyukjae closed the door...

 

 

"AAAHHHH I REALLY CANNOT ACCEPT THIS!" Donghae shouted like a mad man as he started running around the house with Baekhyun and Chanyeol calmly watching T.V, not paying even a slight attention to him. He then turned to his two younger brothers.

 

"YOU!" He screamed as he pointed an accusing finger at them. They remained unaffected though.

 

"How can you be calm like that?! Chanyeol! Can't you even feel even a teenee tiny pity for your handsome brother?!" He continued and even gave his baby brother his puppy eyes.

 

Chanyeol just shrugged making Donghae pout.

 

"Baekhyun!" He then turned to his best friend's brother. "Aren't you worried that your brother may be in a relationship with a guy that was like the human representation of Satan?!"

 

Baekhyun shook his head. "We've been dealing with Heechul hyung and that was saying a lot already so, I'm sure Hyuk hyung can handle another." The younger explained calmly.

 

Donghae gaped but when he finally understood Baekhyun's words, he kind of agreed with it, unfortunately.

 

"Fine! You don't want to help me?! Then fine!" He childishly stomped his feet and made his way towards the door.

 

He ran towards the bus stop and mentally cheered when he saw Hyukjae riding a bus. Hailing a cab, he instructed the taxi driver to follow the bus ignoring how the old man was eyeing him weirdly.

 

That cheering was short lived though when he saw his best friend getting out of the bus with Kyuhyun waiting meters away from him. He suddenly felt ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter