thirteen

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryeowook stared at the small piece of paper in his hand then to the main door of the 3rd floor in front of him, uncertainty still in his system.

 

"Red Ocean Dance Studio." He read the words placed in front of him aloud.

He sighed.

 

Well this really is the place he's looking for.

 

He slowly pushed the glass door open and his eyes automatically roamed around, his feet kept on walking until it led him to a small desk. Behind it sat a girl smiling gently at him. He smiled back, feeling a lot more comfortable because of the gesture and stopped once standing directly in front of her.

 

"Good day how can I help you?" She asked in a soft voice still with a smile lighting up her face.

 

"Uh-" He was about to say something when the door nearest them opened and two men walked out of it while talking fondly with each other.

 

Ryeowook eyed them and immediately beamed when he recognized their faces. He turned to the lady who was now looking confusedly at him, gave her a slight bow muttering a low 'thank you' and went towards the two males.

 

"Hello!" He greeted them with a bright smile catching the other two off guard.

 

 

 

 

Ryeowook muttered a small thank you when the feminine guy between the two handed him a cup of coffee then settled in front of him beside the other male. He took a sip from it then sighed in satisfaction when the warm liquid entered his system, making his body warm contrast to the cold weather because of the rain.

The two fondly stared at him. He pretty reminded them of a small child they couldn't help but smile gently.

 

"So.." The smallest of the three looked at the source of voice in front of him and blushed when he kind of forgot their presence because of the coffee.

 

"Ah.. sorry."

 

The feminine guy chuckled. "No it's okay. You're cute so don't worry." He assured and even winked playfully towards their guest who blushed deeper.

 

"Jae stop embarrassing the kid." The other scolded but his voice laced with amusement, his eyes sparkling with the same playfulness showing how he was enjoying the scene before him.

 

"Shut it Jung. So Ryeowook-ssi, you're looking for us? Why?" Jae, or the feminine guy, asked with a warm tone of voice like he's an angel singing songs of praises. Ryeowook didn't say anything first as he enjoyed the melodic voice of the elder. He's a music major that's why he knew just what a beautiful voice really is.

 

Remembering his intention, he turned to his bag and carefully pulled a medium-sized red box. He opened it and placed it on top of the table, facing the two gentlemen.

 

"I'm a close junior of Kim Heechul. We're from the same school abroad and he asked me to give this gift to the two of you." He said with a smile as he pushed the box a little bit more towards the two.

 

Their eyes widened when they saw the gift. There on the box lie two stainless steel bracelets with small simple carvings as the design.

 

"Take a closer look Jaejoong-ssi." Ryeowook offered as he picked up one and handed it to Jaejoong who still with his jaw dropped carefully opened his palm up and let the younger place the bracelet. He focused on the details until he noticed a small carving at the inside part.

 

Always with Yunnie.

 

His eyes widened and snapped his head up to look at their guest. The latter nodded with a smile and urged him to look at the other one. The feminine guy needed not to be told twice. He picked up the other bracelet and did the same.

Always with Jae-boo.

 

"Wow."

 

The Jung guy just let the other do the rest. He was just looking at him with pure love and satisfaction in his eyes that didn't go unnoticed by Ryeowook.

 

Once finished ogling over the present, the two of them stared at their visitor with questioning look.

 

"These are very pretty but, why the sudden gift? We don't even know he knows us. And.. it's Kim Heechul!"

 

"It's Lee Heechul actually." Ryeowook started explaining. "He's the older brother of Hyukjae-ssi. He heard about your small photo shoot and he was very happy with the results thus the gift." He continued with a small smile.

 

The Jung guy, or Yunho, finally decided to take a closer look and was also amazed. He shot Ryeowook a grateful smile with a hint of asking permission to try the said gift. The latter nodded and with excitement, the tallest between the three picked up the one intended for Jaejoong, or his Jae-boo.

 

Jaejoong's eyes were shining as he looked at the bracelet on his wrist and smiled widely when he looked at their guest. "I did nothing special so I don't really deserve such gift but, can you tell Heechul-ssi many thanks? Or better yet can you give me his number so I could tell him that personally?"

 

Ryeowook shook his head and shot the couple an apologetic look. "Heechul hyung's very busy so it will be better if he'll be undisturbed. But I will relay your message, don't worry."

 

The couple nodded in understanding though a bit disappointed.

 

Jaejoong gave the other a small smile. "Please also tell him that if he needed help, he can always contact me. Especially with his brother."

 

Ryeowook's face beamed and nodded vigorously making the two laugh heartily.

 

After accepting the endless thank you’s of the couple, Ryewook finally left with a promise of visiting them again before he'll return to school and once back to his hotel room, he immediately messaged Heechul.

 

A small playful smile appeared on his lips when he saw his senior's immediate reply, his mind automatically going back to the two best friends he 'accidentally' met.

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae was struggling with his things, walking all alone along the school grounds since Donghae had to go to school earlier for his project. He was into carrying his things that he didn't notice a familiar figure in front of him.

 

He bumped into the guy who fell on his and cursed inwardly when his things were scattered on the ground. But he didn't pay attention to it when he heard the other hissed in pain.

 

"Oh my I'm sorry it's my fault I didn't look where I was going. Are you alright? Here let me help you." Completely abandoning his things, he held the other's elbow and carefully pulled him to his feet. He tidied his pants and looked up only to widen his eyes.

 

"R-Ryeowook-ah?"

 

The said guy looked at him, mirroring the same expressions which turned into an adorable smile. "Hyukjae hyung!" He greeted.

 

"I'm really sorry for what happened. Are you alright?" The blonde asked once again as he scanned the younger with his eyes looking for any injury.

 

The smaller guy nodded his head. "I'm fine don't worry." He assured the other. He then eyed Hyukjae's things on the floor. "Omo hyung your things." He gasped then started to bend down picking the elder's things up.

 

The latter immediately helped. "Don't worry about these. They're just things. Are you sure you're okay? Need me to accompany you to the infirmary?" The blonde inquired as he got his things from Ryeowook's hands, thanking him in the process.

 

The small guy shook his head once again as they started walking.

 

"So.." Hyukjae started as he led the other towards a vacant bench. "What brought you here?" He asked with a small smile, genuinely happy to see his newfound friend at school, a place he least expected.

 

"My senior's brother is studying here so I just dropped by to see how he's doing." Ryeowook answered and eyed the elder's things. "Aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" He inquired and chuckled cutely when he saw how Hyukjae's eyes went wide.

 

"Shoot! I forgot my report!" The blonde exclaimed and hurriedly stood up. He then turned to the younger. "I'm sorry Ryeowook-ah but I have to go." He gave the said guy an apologetic smile.

 

"Go ahead hyung. I'll just see you around." The smaller guy smiled as he waved, his eyes following the now running blonde.

 

 

 

Hyukjae went out of the classroom feeling all tired and exhausted. With dropped shoulders, he sighed, his hands gripping his things tighter. He turned to his right, his eyes still focused on the floor and star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter