three

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the setting of the story was university life, and the beloved author-ssi made Hyukjae one of the popular guys, of course the news of him getting out of the closet spread like wildfire, getting mixed reactions from the students.

 

Some wept (NNNNOOOOO!!! I STILL WANNA HAVE HYUKJAE'S BABIES!), some celebrated (OMYGOSH THAT MEANS HAEHYUK IS REAL!! TOO MUCH FEELS OMYGHAD!!), some were surprisingly confused (IF HE'S GAY, THEN WHO TOPS BETWEEN HIM AND DONGHAE? IS IT HAEHYUK OR EUNHAE? SERIOUSLY?), and of course, some were ecstatic (IT WON'T BE AWKWARD ANYMORE IF I'LL MAKE A MOVE ON HYUKJAE!), yeah, the last ones were guys.

 

Hyukjae, of course, chose to stay calm and composed despite the craziness happening around him. He sat on his seat as he slowly sipped the coffee he got from Leeteuk's cafe that morning. He sighed contentedly as he enjoyed the sweetness and bitterness of the drink in his mouth. He was still enjoying his peaceful morning until their classroom's door opened harshly but he didn't even flinch, clearly knowing who it was.

 

"HHHYYYUUUKKKIIIEEE!!"

 

Hyoyeon's banshee-like voice echoed throughout the whole room scaring the hell out of the students who were sleeping. Poor them.

 

"Yes noona?" The blond asked as his cousin settled on the chair in front of him.

 

"You're all over the school!" She shrieked and Taeyeon, who was relatively calm as well, sighed.

 

"It's Hyukjae's news that's everywhere, not him. Shisus you should seriously go back to elementary and take language lessons again."

 

Hyoyeon ignored her, of course, and continued to spazz in front of her cousin.

 

"And you wanna know what I heard?" She continued excitedly.

 

"Yes please. Enlighten me." Hyukjae answered boringly and slapped his cousin's hand when she tried to take his coffee. She obviously had enough sugar to last the whole week, she didn't need more.

 

The cotton candy girl pouted but smiled again in a split second. "Many guys rejoiced! I heard they finally got the balls to ask you out! Isn't it lovely Hyukkie? You'll soon gonna have your first boyfriend!" Hyoyeon squealed and even grabbed Taeyeon's hands as she jumped making her best friend scream and jump as well, of course a little bit forceful.

 

Hyukjae tried his best not to frown in front of his noonas. If there was someone he wanted to be his first boyfriend, and possibly last, it's Donghae. Only Donghae. But he can't voice it out since no one knew his little fascination towards his own best friend except his brother, to which was just sharp enough to catch him.

 

Taeyeon noticed the sudden down feeling of Hyykjae. 'Something's off.' She thought as she eyed the younger. She then stared at Hyoyeon and slapped her back. The latter screamed and glared at her. "Let's go. Classes will start any moment." She said instead and gave Hyukjae an understanding look.

The blond gave her a grateful smile whereas his cousin pouted. She sighed, knowing Taeyeon's right. Giving Hyukjae one last hug, the two ladies waved him goodbyes, promising to meet him during lunch time.

 

 

 

 

Donghae sighed as he walked inside their university with drooped shoulders. He wore his eyeglasses making him look hotter but that's not the reason for that. He rarely got any sleep last night he surely looked like a panda with those dark circles under his eyes. He missed his Hyukkie so ssooo much he used all of his will power not to drive towards the blond's house and enclose him in a big bear hug. He felt so wasted that he didn't notice the spazzing students around him until a very familiar name caught his attention.

 

 

"Dude! Hyukjae just came out of the closet!"

 

"Holy ! Really?!"

 

"Yeah! Isn't it good?! I've always find him cute and even prettier than most girls here!"

 

Donghae felt his brows twitch in irritation. How could these disgusting forms of life shamelessly declare their interest towards his best friend?! Can't they realize how low they seem to even bring Hyukjae's bag around? Or they're just so into their fantasies that they already separated themselves from the reality? If there was someone that can court Hyukjae, he must be on the same level as Donghae, or even higher, not that he knew someone like that. HaeHyuk were the only Princes of the University.

With gritted teeth and dark glare, he slowly approached his Hyukkie's fanboys and stood in front of them.

 

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked in a dangerously low tone of voice sending shivers down the two guys' spines. They stared at the other Adonis (or the now only Adonis since obviously Hyukjae is now Helen.. oh goodness) of their university and gulped in pure fear. Donghae's not only known for his handsome appearance or great brains plus those rumors saying that he's a master of martial arts. He's also known to be an overprotective freak towards his own best friend. No wonder no one actually got the balls to confess to Hyukjae unless they have proved that the blond swung that way.

 

Donghae stared at them and smirked when he felt fear vibrating off the two pale students. "What? The cat got your tongue?" He said with menacing voice and in a blink, the two forever scarred male students scurried to their feet away from him.

 

Donghae followed them with his stares and once out of view, he took a deep sigh. Hyukjae's popularity wasn't even scarred with this revelation. In fact, it even made him even more popular. Was he that much of an that he, the best friend himself was the only one who didn't accept him when everybody around them did?

 

He heard the bell rang breaking him from his trance. He better talk to him this lunch or else he'll really go crazier than he already was. He missed him so much he's willing to do anything just to have him back.

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch time. Both Hyoyeon and Taeyeon eyed Hyukjae skeptically who was still calmly eating his food, not minding the stares of his friends plus those of the students not only because of the breaking news but also because of a certain brunet.

 

"Aren't you uncomfortable?" Taeyeon asked after a while of trying her best to ignore everything but finally snapped.

 

The younger blond stared at her and shrugged. "That's Donghae. I'll surely be uncomfortable if I'll see him act normal for once." He nonchalantly answered and continued eating.

 

You must be wondering what the leading man of the story was doing right?

 

Nothing much actually. He's just a few tables away from his best friend, holding a thick med book as if he's reading it but the truth was, he's just using it as an alibi to keep other students from knowing he's eyeing Hyukjae for a while now.

 

Need a proof?

 

Him holding it upside down was enough right?

 

Hyukjae surprisingly found this action of Donghae normal. He knew sooner or later the other will watch his moves even from afar. He's that overprotective of him alright. And as conceited as Hyukjae may seem, he knew Donghae won't last a day without him. He actually had the younger wrapped around his finger. The blond couldn't help but smile a little. His Hae still cared for him. How did this even start?

 

Ah, yes. Because of his brother Heechul.

 

 

"Yah Donghae-ah, my baby brother here is so cute and pretty just like me but I'm prettier right?" 8-year old Heechul asked the 4-year old Donghae one day while they were playing Fake Wedding with the older boy as the pastor, Donghae as the groom and Hyukjae as the bride. The little blond was wearing their white curtain on his head while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter