twenty one

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae remembered what he exactly felt when it was his first day in school and unfortunately, Hyukjae made his self sick that day that he wasn’t able to go along with his best friend. The younger was so afraid with all the strangers around him he couldn’t help the pooling of tears in his eyes that he just cried the whole day to his teacher telling her to take him back home to his sick best friend.

That was what he was feeling at the very moment. Well, minus the sick best friend and the crying.

 

He was standing by the food area looking around for some familiar face he could talk to but sadly, all he saw were familiar yet not familiar enough to hold a conversation. He sighed and diverted his gaze at the fruit punch in front of him. He contemplated on drinking some but he swore he saw some macho guy spiking it with a whole bottle of vodka.

 

And Donghae and alcohol never go well together.

 

He shook his head and settled with some canned cola placed just beside the punch. He opened it and took three large gulps to calm his nerves, wincing slightly when the sparkling water hurt his throat.

 

“Donghae-ssi you came.”

 

The said man coughed hard at the sudden voice and looked to his right only to see Siwon dressed in a Hercules custome smiling dazzlingly at him. Donghae prevented himself from raising his brows and asking the guy in front of him if he wasn’t getting cold or something.

 

“S-Siwon-ssi.” He greeted back, slightly having difficulty because of his coughing fit.

 

“I’m glad you could make it. Nice custome. Who are you tonight?” Siwon asked as he poured himself a glass of punch. Donghae pondered on whether he should warn the host about the spiked drink but decided to shrug it off when the other took it in one big gulp.

 

He noticed how Siwon’s face immediately turned red after he put the glass down though.

 

“I’m really not so sure about that.” He replied, his eyes wandered around looking for one soul that was kind enough to took pity on him since he’s starting to get uncomfortable with this ‘Hercules’’ gaze that semed to bore holes on him.

 

“Where’s Hyukjae my love by the way? I didn’t see him with you when you arrived.”

 

Was it him or Siwon’s words just slurred a bit?

 

“We decided to just meet here.”

 

“Oh~ I see. Well, enjoy the party Donghae-ssi and I hope I could see my love real soon tonight.” Siwon wiggled his fingers at him as he waved goodbye and went to greet his other guests leaving Donghae fully relieved.

 

The latter felt he just lost 10 years of his life span because of Siwon. He was never good when it comes to dealing with drunken people. He took a sip once more from his can when he noticed people whispering. Curious, he turned around and noticed them pointing at someone by the door. He walked towards it since he really couldn’t see it by his place. When he was nearing the door, his steps halted and felt the whole world stopped when he finally saw who people were talking about.

 

There stood his best friend wearing a full yellow suit with white long sleeves inside and black leather shoes. Like him, Hyukjae had a red rose pinned on the left side of his yellow coat. He was smiling shyly while his eyes were wandering around. Donghae felt his breath hitched when their eyes met. He noticed how the blond walked towards him and being a natural thing for the two of them, he opened his arms wide and welcomed his best friend with a hug who automatically hugged him back.

 

“Hae..”

 

“Hyukkie…”

 

Hyukjae giggled as they called each other and even sighed at the same time. They stood like that for a while, not minding the eyes that were trained on them. The elder was the first one to break the hug.

 

“You look good tonight.” The blond complimented the other who felt his heart skip a beat.

 

“You’re not bad yourself.” Donghae complimented back, mentally patting himself for not stuttering in front of his love.

 

Gosh he’s acting like a teenage girl in front of her crush. This was so not cool.

 

“There are so many people tonight. I thought Siwon only invited those who are close with him?” The elder asked as he casually grabbed the drink from his best friend’s hand and took a sip from it.

 

Donghae felt his inner self do a back flip because asdfghkl that was an indirect kiss!

 

“Y-You know Siwon. He’s famous so I think this is not a big surprise.” He answered, eyes still stuck on his best friend’s lips pressed on his can of soda.

 

“Good point.” Hyukjae nodded as returned his drink. He noticed how the orange-blond’s eyes were on his lips that he furrowed his brows and looked at the other confusedly.

 

“Hae? Is there something wrong?”

 

He heard the other squeaked and frantically shook his head. “N-Nothing! Come let’s get s-something to eat.” The younger grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the food area. He himself was starting to get hungry since he was so nervous he didn’t eat anything before going to the party no matter how much Baekhyun pushed him to so he just let him be.

 

“Hyukjae my love~” They both turned around and saw Siwon all in his Greek god goodness waltzed towards them, his lips stretched in a wide smile.

 

“Siwon-ssi.” Hyukjae greeted back with a smile while Donghae merely snorted.

 

“I’m so glad you could make it! I was starting to think you would ditch my party and your best friend here.” The host said with fake hurt expression that had the blond chuckle prettily the two other gentlemen couldn’t help but be dumbfounded at the beautiful sight.

 

“Don’t worry I won’t ditch something like this especially if you invited me personally. Nice party anyway.” The eldest among the three replied. He noticed Donghae’s eyes on him so he turned to his best friend and gave him a small smile before turning his attention back to Siwon.

 

“Thanks! Well enjoy the party my love and I’ll just see you around. By the way, nice suit.” The tall man winked at him and waltzed away from them.

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “Is Siwon drunk?” He asked in amusement when he too noticed the slight slur on the host’s voice.

 

“I think so. I saw him drinking that spiked fruit punch a while ago.” Donghae answered with a smirk. He concluded Siwon was never good with handling alcohol. They finished getting food and decided to sit down by one of the tables placed around the dance floor where people were starting to gather to dance the night away.

 

Though hungry, both decided to eat just a small amount since they wanted to enjoy the party by dancing and they won’t be able to do it with full stomach. They can just drop by on a convenience store on their way home if they’re hungry again.

 

“Omo! Hyukkie! Hae!”

 

The two turned to the voice that called them and saw Sungmin and, much to Donghae’s surprise, Kyuhyun. What surprised them even more were their costumes.

 

“Minnie hyung! You’re..” Hyukjae trailed off as he studied Sungmin’s appearance. His usual blond hair was dyed black, brushed up and seemed to have been poured on with a bottle of hairstyling gel. He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt with the three or four buttons open revealing his chest, dress pants, leather shoes and lastly, a coat that reached his heels, all in black. He was wearing foundation to whiten his complexion even more to suit the character he was portraying.

 

“Yup! I’m Diaval from Maleficent! How do I look?” Sungmin grinned and swirled around giving the two a full look.

 

“You look good hyung but..”

 

Donghae couldn’t hold it anymore that he bursted out laughing as he pointed a finger at Kyuhyun.

 

“Why the fudge is Kyuhyun dressed as Maleficent?!” He exclaimed and once again got engaged into a fit of laughter. Kyuhyun glared at the other and huffed.

 

“Hyukjae hyung, please control that fish face before I do something.” He scoffed and immediately, the blond hushed his best friend from laughing too much though he himself was having trouble holding his laughter. In their defense, anyone who would see Kyuhyun would surely laugh on how ridiculously beautiful the other was.

 

Kyuhyun was wearing a black silk dress that reached the floor hiding his feet, then a black thick coat, its edges made with softer material that looked like a synthetic animal fur. On his left hand he had a ring on his pointing finger and a baston with a blue stone at the tip. He was even wearing the head dress with the signature horns. And yes, he was also wearing Maleficent’s make-up. Even the red lipstick.

 

“His own fault actually. I so wanted to do Vampire Diaries but this party pooper here said it’s not Disney so Diaval was the closest one we could come up with a vampire look.” Sungmin explained as he sat down beside Hyukjae and took a piece from his plate.

 

“But he could have just dressed up as Aurora.” Hyukjae reasoned out as he nudged Donghae to finally stop laughing. The latter was so into his laughing he was already gasping for air and clutching his sides. It must be hurting because of too much laughter.

 

“Psh. He ruined my idea. He deserved that.” The cute man huffed and side-eyed his boyfriend sitting awkwardly beside him with a pout gracing his lips, his eyes glaring at the still wheezing Donghae.

 

“But wait,” The orange-blond abruptly stopped laughing and looked at Sungmin confusedly. “Why are you and this arrogant kid together?”

 

“Oh that. He’s my boyfriend.” Sungmin answered casually while he gave Kyuhyun a piece of what he was eating when the younger kept on tugging on his shirt to give him something.

 

“B-Boyfriend? S-Since when?”

 

“He’s my boyfriend for five years now actually.”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened then he glared at Kyuhyun, shooting the younger invisible laser beams with his eyes. This cheater! He’s still with Sungmin when he made a move on his Hyukkie!

 

Sensing what’s going on inside his best friend’s mind, Hyukjae held his hand in attempt of calming him down while he leaned closer. “That’s why I was confused at Kyuhyun that time. Forget it Hae, he was just playing that time.” He advised and shot the younger a pleading look.

 

“But-“

 

“Please?”

 

Donghae sighed then nodded in defeat. How could he not give in when Hyukjae was giving him that look?

 

“Whipped.” Kyuhyun fake coughed making Donghae glare at him. ‘Maleficent’ only smiled innocently at him.

 

 

“Anyways,” Sungmin shifted as he glared at Kyuhyun. “You two look so good! Who are you portraying? Hmm let’s see…” The cute guy looked closely at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter