eleven

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was busy doing his last minute report inside the library when he heard quick footsteps approaching him. He looked up from his book, slightly annoyed for disturbing him, and saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun in front of him, both panting and looking quite worried for his taste.

 

"What happened?" He asked in concern, his mood taking a 360 degree-turn.

 

The two panted as they decided to sit down at the available chairs in front of Donghae and tried to steady their breathing. Once considered as almost calm, Chanyeol spoke up. "There's a commotion outside. It turned out that there was a brave confession going on."

 

"Then?"

 

"Then we went to see who it was and saw Choi Siwon kneeling in front of.."

 

"Of who?"

 

"Hyukjae hyung!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun both screamed making Donghae's eyes went wide as he stood up.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae bit his lip hard as the very famous Choi Siwon kneeled in front of him with a bouquet of deep blue roses. The famous model gave him a sweet smile with his dimples showing making the blonde even more anxious. It will be fine if not for the fact that they're at the middle of the soccer field with almost all of the students looking at them.

 

"Uhm Siwon-ssi.."

 

"Yes my love?"

 

Hyukjae fidgeted on his place as he started biting his fingernails, a habit he always do whenever he's nervous. His eyes started scanning the crowd for his Hae's face and sighed when didn't see him.

 

"This is um.." He paused, cracking his brain for the words appropriate for the moment. "Isn't this a bit.. you know, extreme perhaps?" He asked with a little bit forced smile.

 

Siwon beamed at him as he stood up and held both of Hyukjae's soft hands startling the latter. "Nonsense my love! Nothing is extreme or out of this world when it comes to proclaiming my love for you!" The tall guy said in a dramatic way Hyukjae swore he heard some girls screamed and even fainted.

 

"But I-"

 

"YAH! CHOI SIWON!"

 

All heads including the said male turned to the direction of the voice and saw a fuming Donghae walking towards them with amused Chanyeol and Baekhyun on tow.

 

The brunette stopped right in front of the two and eyed Siwon's hands on his best friend's. He furrowed his brows and yanked those big hands off Hyukjae's then immediately pulled the blonde and placed him behind him.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked in a dangerously low voice but Siwon seemed to be unaffected and it irked Donghae even more.

 

"I'm just confessing my love to my dear Lee Hyukjae. What's wrong with that?" Siwon asked in feigned innocence.

 

Donghae growled. He even felt smoke coming out of his nose. "What's wrong with that?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?! Yah! Can't you see this is harassment?! You confessing in front of this crowd only put pressure on Hyukkie's part! And why would you think he'll even accept you in the first place?!"

 

"I'm Choi Siwon. Isn't it enough reason?" Siwon replied confidently but then, he gulped nervously when he felt the aura around Donghae became darker and the wind surprisingly colder.

 

"On the count of three, I want you to vanish from my sight if you still want to leave."

 

"What-"

 

"One."

 

"Hey-"

 

"Two."

 

"If I were you Siwon-ssi I will just flee away, as in right now." Chanyeol commented and Siwon immediately took the advice but not before screaming 'I'll wait for your answer my love!'.

 

Donghae took a deep breath to calm his nerves and looked around, or more like glare at everyone. "Yah what are you still doing here?! The show's over now shoo!" He barked and the crowd needed not to be told twice. They all ran in different directions because they know, facing the wrath of Lee Donghae is no joke.

 

"Hae.."

 

Donghae turned around and faced Hyukjae, placing his hands on the latter's shoulder. "Are you alright? He didn't do anything to you right?" He asked worriedly as he scanned the elder's appearance.

 

The blonde shook his head and smiled gently. "No but I must admit I was scared back there." He commented as he slowly went closer to Donghae and leaned his head on his shoulder. He felt the younger sighed and felt hand on his back, rubbing small circles in attempt to calm him down.

 

"I know. That's why I was pissed off a while ago."
 

 

 

 

 

"You know I don't get it Baek." Chanyeol said as he draped his own arm on Baekhyun's shoulder. They decided to just watch their brothers from afar as to not bother their 'moment'. The latter confusedly looked up to him.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Why can't it be just them? You know, Donghae hyung and Hyukjae hyung. They're actually acting more as lovers than best friends." The taller one asked in pure confusion while the other just laughed.

 

"We can't force anything especially if the persons involved don't realize anything yet. For their situation, I suggest to have everything run on their own. In proper time, I'm sure they'll realize everything." Baekhyun answered confidently as he smiled at his best friend.

 

"Let's go now. I promised Sunny noona I'll buy her ice cream today." Baekhyun beamed as he pulled the taller guy with him who pouted in return.

 

"Yah I'm your best friend but you're treating my sister. Such a traitor Baekhyunnie." He commented with fake disappointment making the other laugh heartily at him.

 

"Fine, I'll buy two tubs but I get to choo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter