twelve

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung?"

 

Heechul turned around from his paper works and smiled widely when he saw a close junior of his peeking through his door.

 

"Oh it's you, come in." He invited with a smile making the other smile in return as he went inside Heechul's room, sitting comfortably on one of the small cushions beside the bed.

 

"So.. what's up? Are you done packing your bags?" The elder asked.

 

The other nodded. "Yeah.. but really hyung, it will be better if you could come with me. You deserve a break you know." He continued with a pout as he eyed the scattered papers on top of his senior's desk. They were given two weeks of vacation but here was Heechul, still arranging all of his requirements.

 

The feminine guy gave him a defeated look. "If I could then I would, you know how much I miss my baby brothers. But I'm graduating soon so I'm really busy as heck right now. You remember what I told you right?" His face then turned serious as he crossed his arms across his chest, his right leg placed over the other.

 

"Yeah I remember everything you don't have to worry."

 

Heechul gave out a sigh. "I know.. Oh well you better go now or the plane will leave you." He continued with a brotherly smile as he opened his arms and gestured the other who willingly stood up and hugged him tight.

 

"See you in two weeks hyung."

 

"See you dongsaeng, and take care."
 

 

 

"Remind me again why we're the ones doing the grocery shopping." Donghae grunted as he unwillingly pushed the cart behind Hyukjae. The latter stopped scanning the list on his hand and gave his best friend a disapproved look.

 

"Hae we're always the ones doing the grocery for your house. You never trusted Sunny or Chanyeol for this stuff." He explained and once again turned to his list. "Oh we need to get some gummy worms." The blonde exclaimed as he left Donghae standing like an idiot in the middle of the isle.

 

The brunette blinked twice and turned around, looking for his best friend. "Yah Hyukkie where did you go?" He shouted, not caring about the scandalized look people sent his way. He pushed the cart, of course careful not to bump into anyone and started going around looking for the blonde. He stopped on his steps when he saw Hyukjae by the candy sections, looking down at the different gummy worms.

 

Donghae blinked a few times as he focused his gaze on Hyukjae. The latter has that small angelic smile on his face as he sorted out the candies in front of him, fully concentrated on finding Chanyeol's favorite brand of gummy worms. He swore his smile lit up the whole store and made his heart skip a beat.

 

"Very pretty." He mumbled unconsciously as he was very much mesmerized by the view, loud enough to garner the blonde's attention.

 

Hyukjae looked at him. "You were saying something Hae?" He asked as he stood up and went towards the brunette, placing a few packs of the sweet treat, plus a pack of custard filled bread. He chuckled when Donghae's eyes shone at the sight of his favorite snack.

 

"I said you're very pretty." Donghae said absentmindedly, eyes still on the custard bread not noticing how Hyukjae froze on his feet.

 

The brunette turned to Hyukjae with a smile that was replaced with a frown when he saw the surprised look on the latter's face.

 

"Wha-" He was about to ask when his eyes widened in realization.

 

"I- I mean you- ahm.. aish." Donghae panicked as he started explaining while he felt his face heating up and blush started to appear on his cheeks.

 

Hyukjae was still stunned but giggled when he noticed how embarrassed his best friend was. He went even closer to the brunette and smiled gently at him. "Thanks for the compliment although," He paused as he grinned. "I kind of get that a lot lately. No need to remind me, hmm?" He teased then he turned around and left Donghae, again.

 

Hyukjae went straight to the other side and slightly leaned at the food shelf, his heart still beating fast. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his heart down and started fanning his face to tone down the blush. He was just thankful that he was still able to act normal around Donghae despite the overwhelming feeling inside him. He held on to the shelf and tried to steady himself when his knees once again started to wobble remembering the scene before. He saw the look on Donghae's face, the admiration in his eyes. He knew that look very well.

Is he falling for him already?

 

Hyukjae shook his head.

 

That's impossible. Donghae's straight as far as he can remember.

 

Or maybe he's already affecting him?

 

That's a good sign right?

 

He then frowned.

 

Maybe he's just confused.

 

The blonde ruffled his hair. "Aish I think I'm the one being confused here." He mumbled to himself and finally stood up straight. He decided to just look for Donghae when..

 

"Hi!"

 

Hyukjae stared at the stranger for a few seconds until he spoke. "Uh.. Hello?" He replied, unsure if he's the one the stranger's talking to. He looked around, thinking that maybe the unknown person's talking to someone behind him but yep, he's talking to him alright.

 

"I'm just wondering if you could help me with this?" The stranger asked with a small smile as he handed him a small piece of paper. Curious, Hyukjae reached for it and stared at it for a few seconds, reading the words written on it. "I'm looking for that place and since I saw no one in the street, I tried my luck here inside the store." The unknown man continued as he now smiled shyly towards the blonde.

 

Hyukjae raised his brows at the guy. He has a small built, permed brown hair, high cheekbones, small nose and pink thin lips. Overall he looked like a kind, sweet, and delicate guy. How come he has no one to ask outside the supermarket? He then looked at the window adjacent to their place and saw the heavy rain outside.

 

No wonder he won't see anyone out there, he thought.

 

"This is the dance studio by the next street. If you want we could accompany you there later." He offered with a smile. There's nothing wrong with offering help right? Besides, this guy here surely looked like a nice guy after all.

 

The stranger beamed brightly at him. "Really? Oh thank you so much! I'm Ryeowook by the way! Kim Ryeowook." The stranger introduced himself as he stretched out a hand towards Hyukjae, offering him a handshake.

 

The blonde smiled back as he accepted the hand. "Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. Nice to meet you, Ryeowook-ssi." He replied and let go of the hand.

 

"Aigoo no need to be too formal with me. You can call me Ryeowook. Can I call you Hyukjae hyung?" Ryeowook excitedly asked as he batted his eyelashes at him, acting all cute making the other chuckled.

 

"Of course you can, Ryeowook-ah."

 

"Hyukkie why do you keep on disappearing and I always have to look for you like this?" Hyukjae turned around and saw Donghae walking towards him with a small pout gracing his lips. In his hands were the bags filled with the foods they shopped. He smiled inwardly. His best friend looked like a small kid who was sulking because his mom left him somewhere and got bored waiting.

 

"I'm sorry okay? I was talking to Ryeowook here." He explained then turned to Ryeowook who was staring at Donghae with his mouth agape.

 

"Ryeowook?" The blonde called the youngest's attention and waved his hand near Ryeowook's face who remained immobile on his place.

 

Hyukjae stared at Donghae and gave him a what's-wrong-with-him look to which his best friend just shrugged.

 

Much to their surprise, the little guy started walking, totally ignoring Hyukjae, and made his way towards Donghae. He stretched his hand towards the brunette, a lovestruck expression on his face. "I'm Kim Ryeowook and you are?"

 

Donghae, although all weirded out with the fella's actions, awkwardly took the hand and shook it lightly. "Lee Donghae."

 

"Lee Donghae... what a handsome name, perfect for a prince like you." Ryeowook complimented quite loudly but still with a dreamy voice. It reached Hyukjae's ears making a frown appear on his face, different kinds of emotions started to enter his system.

 

In the end, Ryeowook stuck to Donghae like super glue, much to Hyukjae's annoyance and jealousy, and even much more to Donghae's awkwardness. Donghae loves skinship and there's no doubt about it but, the small guy's a total stranger to him. He only loves to stick to Hyukjae ("His scent's a mix of strawberry and vanilla how can I resist that?!" Donghae explained matter-of-factly.).

 

After placing the bags on Hyukjae's car (Yes, Hyukjae's. Donghae still doesn't have his license. "I think that examiner hates me to the core." Donghae sobbed to Hyukjae after the scary examiner ajhussi screamed at him for hitting the innocent pole with the car for the fourth time), the two decided to just drop Ryeowook at the address written at the small paper since the rain just seemed to became stronger. Fortunately for the two best friends, Ryeowook had to let go of Donghae as the latter placed himself on the passenger's seat while Hyukjae settled on the driver's, leaving the smallest to suit himself at the back, a small disappointed pout adorning his lips.

 

After a few minutes, Hyukjae parked the car on the roadside. Donghae then picked the umbrella inside the car and turned to his best friend. "Stay here okay? Don't go out anymore. I don't want you catching a cold." He seriously instructed Hyukjae who nodded timidly at him then finally went out of the car.

 

The blonde turned to Ryeowook and smiled. "I'm sorry I can't accompany you outside." He said apologetically.

 

The small guy smiled back. "No it's okay, Donghae hyung's right. Eh~ it must be really nice to have someone like him." Ryeowook continued with a dreamy expression, his eyes then following Donghae outside the car.

 

"Bye hyung and thanks for the help. I'll see you around hmm?" Without waiting for Hyukjae's response, the small guy went out of the car.

 

Hyukjae saw how Ryeowook beamed brightly at Donghae who was waiting with the umbrella opened over their heads. The smile on his face immediately disappeared as a frown replaced it when his eyes still followed the two. He saw how Donghae gave Ryeowook a small forced smile when the latter hooked an arm on his best friend's that was holding the umbrella. Of course to Ryeowook it all looked like a natural smile but Hyukjae begged to differ. He knew every single detail about Donghae and such gesture cannot fool him.

 

Donghae walked Ryeowook to the main door of the building where the dance studio was located and he took not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter