fourteen

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyukjae and Donghae decided to drop by at Archangel's Haeven that one boring afternoon. It was a whole two months vacation for the students after all. The two boys decided to go there together earlier than planned to catch up with their Leeteuk hyung.

 

"Seriously Hyukkie, we've just started the vacation two days ago." Donghae commented as he shook his head. Hyukjae just pouted at him.

 

"I can't help it if my body's used with too much work! I really feel like I'll be sick just slouching inside our house." The elder complained and the other just clicked his tongue.

 

"That kind of problem is only for the rich kids you know." The younger said making the blonde glare at him.

 

"Is it my fault that Umma hired people to help us clean the whole house? And FYI they never touch my stuff. I'm always the one who cleans them."

 

Donghae snorted. "As if they're a mess. As far as I know, your OCD's getting worse you're already fixing your things even before they were messed." He commented while rolling his eyes. He walked ahead of the blonde and opened the cafe's door for him. Hyukjae smiled in gratitude, their bickering immediately forgotten and went straight to Leeteuk who's currently busy with a piece of bond paper.

 

"Teukie hyung~" The two kiddos greeted the owner who smiled sweetly at them.

 

"Oh hey there! What brought you here?" He asked excitedly as he put the paper down and faced the new comers who lazily leaned on the counter.

 

"Hyukkie's bored to death. Poor me who was just starting to feel the atmosphere of the word vacation was mercilessly dragged from my bed just to accompany him." Donghae explained with pure self-pity. Leeteuk just rolled his eyes on him. As if he didn't know how happy his cousin is every time he's with his best friend.

Hyukjae, who paid no attention to his Hae's drama, peeked at the paper and widened his eyes as he read the content.

 

"You're looking for part-timers?!" He exclaimed as he excitedly grabbed the paper and shoved it right at Donghae's face.

 

"Yah!"

 

"Hae I wanna apply! I can apply right Teukie hyung?" Hyukjae turned to Leeteuk with hopeful eyes. The eldest chuckled but nonetheless nodded much to Hyukjae's glee and to Donghae's surprise.

 

"Of course. I actually planned this for students who got nothing to do during vacation. So.." Leeteuk carefully picked the paper from Hyukjae and straightened it. "You're hired but I will still need one more so I'll just post this outside okay?" The dimpled man smiled and left a very happy Hyukjae and a skeptical Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure about this?" The brunette asked his best friend for the nth time that particular morning. Two days had passed and today was Hyukjae's first day at work. The elder sighed as he fixed his uniform: a white long sleeved polo folded up to his elbows with the first three buttons undone, black skinny jeans with a black apron wrapped around his waist, and a thin black tie loosely placed on his neck, giving him that slightly bad boy image, and a pair of dark red sneakers. He turned to Donghae and gave him a reassuring smile.

 

"Of course. Don't worry too much. I'm sure I can handle the customers well."

 

"But.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

Donghae bit his lower lip. He can't voice out that he was not worried about the work itself but for Hyukjae. His clothes are nowhere special but the way the blonde wore it was very appealing. His slim yet toned body was very accented by the polo plus those skinny jeans hugged his legs well revealing those nicely shaped lower extremities. It looked y enough even with the non-existent . And with his very kind attitude and obliviousness to the world, he's sure Hyukjae won't notice if people will look at him in a very disturbing way.

 

Hyukjae eyed his best friend and smiled. He definitely saw the inner battle on his face. "I can handle myself pretty well okay? And besides, Teukie hyung's with me AND you can come here anytime." The blonde convinced the younger as he went behind him then slowly wrapped his arms around Donghae, back hugging him and placed his chin on his shoulder.

 

"Please Hae-Hae~ I really want to do this." He pleaded with puppy eyes.

 

Donghae stared at him through the mirror and sighed. Hyukjae's making that puppy eyes again, and he rarely use it unless he really wanted something Donghae was very against with.

 

"Fine. But expect me to be here everyday okay? I don't want some erts drooling over my y best friend." Donghae teased as he turned around and fixed Hyukjae's fringe. His eyes once again scanned the other's appearance and gave a satisfied nod.

 

Hyukjae beamed and enveloped the younger in a big hug. "Thanks Hae! You're the best!" He let go of the hug and gave the brunette an unexpected gift.

 

Chu~

 

Donghae froze on his feet whereas Hyukjae once again gave him a gummy smile and skipped out of the cafe's dressing room. He slowly placed his hand on his cheek where Hyukjae kissed him and unconsciously blushed.

 

"Yah Hae what are you doing there? Come and meet the other part-timer. He'll arrive any minute." Leeteuk peeked at the door and gave his cousin a weird look before shaking his head. He should just be used by Donghae's weird acts by now.

 

Donghae stiffly went out of the dressing room and stood near Hyukjae. The latter beamed at him and directed his gaze towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter