fifteen

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Donghae groaned as he felt sunlight hitting his face softly and slowly rolled to his stomach then pushed his face to his pillow. He might have went to bed pretty early but sleep visited him around dawn so yeah, he looked like a panda and his head hurt like he had a hangover. He checked his phone and saw that it was already 9am, and he was supposed to be at the cafe at 7 in the morning. Oh well, he's sure Hyukjae will understand.

Donghae slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes. His phone beeped indicating a text message and lazily picked it up. A message from Chanyeol.

Hyung! Are you already awake? I went to your room and saw you sleeping oh so soundly I already took the liberty of watching over Hyukjae hyung for you, with Baekhyun of course. You should seriously get your over here now though since, well, the almighty Choi Siwon is here.

P.S. Better look hot today or Hyukjae hyung won't pay attention to you. You got two competitors here and man the other blonde was so cute I wanna make him my keychain! TwT

Donghae felt every nerve of him woke up when he saw his brother's text. Choi Siwon was there?!

He swore he had never fixed himself that fast his entire life.

 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun gaped when they saw the brunette 30 minutes after the taller one texted him walking like a boss inside the cafe gaining everybody's attention, except for a certain Choi Siwon who was busily serenading an uncomfortable Hyukjae with his church songs.

Oh Shisus bless him.

Donghae stopped in his tracks as he eyed the model. His gaze moved to Hyukjae, his eyes meeting his best friend's which were desperately pleading at him. He took a deep breath and strolled towards Siwon who was still unaware of his presence making him more irritated than he already was.

"We should have brought some popcorn, this one's really entertaining." Chanyeol commented and immediately felt someone slapped him behind his head. He pouted as he turned around and met the warning look of his cousin Leeteuk.

"Behave."

"Okay, hyung." The tall guy mumbled as Baekhyun simply chuckled.

"When the cat is away, the mouse will play I see huh, Choi Siwon-ssi?" Donghae mumbled as he casually walked towards Hyukjae and leaned forward only to give the blonde a kiss on the cheek. The gesture automatically made a faint blush appear on the elder's pale cheeks. The younger grinned as he swung an arm around Hyukjae and smiled smugly at the model in front of them. The latter looked unaffected though.

"I was just appreciating my love's beauty." Siwon shrugged as he smiled widely and charmingly at Hyukjae who smiled rather forcefully back at him.

The blonde turned his head a little towards Donghae. "What took you so long?! That crazy man was here already first thing in the morning I thought he was the one that opened this cafe!" He whispered in a slightly harsh tone.

Donghae looked at Hyukjae, their faces merely inches away from each other and smiled sheepishly. "I overslept. Sorry?" He apologized in a playful manner Hyukjae just rolled his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure something's already going on with those two." Sungmin commented as he stopped by Chanyeol and Baekhyun's table, his eyes focused on Hyukjae and Donghae standing too close with one another they really looked like a sweet couple. Chanyeol eyed the older blonde with twinkling eyes, not paying attention to any word he said.

"Hyung you're so cute."

"Shut it kid, I'm taken already."

Sungmin walked away leaving a dejected Chanyeol.

"You should seriously lessen your fondness of cute things." Beakhyun advised as he took a sip of his latte and sighed in satisfaction.

Sungmin went towards the counter to eavesdrop at the nearest table where the three younger males were. He propped his elbows and looked fondly at the scene before him.

Hyukjae, much to his and Donghae's dismay, was now sitting with Siwon by the said table. The model was very persistent and Hyukjae being the polite kid that he is cannot do anything but to comply. The blonde was sporting a forced smile, contrast to the mega-watt beam of the taller guy.

But of course, Donghae cannot be tamed. Even before Siwon could speak, he invited himself with the two as he dragged another chair right beside his best friend and settled there, his arm automatically reaching out for the blonde's shoulder. They all noticed how Siwon's thick eyebrows furrowed for a second until that eye-blinding smile was back.

"So my love, I saw this newly built gym at the other side of the town. They really have great facilities there." The tall model started and the two could only furrow their brows in total confusion.

"Uhm.. Okay..? So.." Hyukjae said, unsure on what he should answer.

"Oh I'm suggesting the two of us to go there so you know, we could 'work it out together'." Siwon continued leaving the two dumbfounded.

"I swear that was the worst pick-up line I have ever heard." Donghae deadpanned after regaining himself from shock.

But then, Siwon was so into his pick-up line session to give notice of the comment.

"I wish I'm a strawberry..."

"Uhm.."

"..So you will always crave for me." The handsome man ended with a flashy smile.

Donghae frowned and he swore he heard Chanyeol's roar of laughter around.

"Oh wait I have some more!" Siwon said with sparkles in his eyes Hyukjae felt bad if he will stop him.

"You know you're just like a horse."

"Erm.. Why..?"

"Because every kick you make was so strong it shoots straight to my heart."

"Between the three of us you're the one who looks like a horse." The brunette mumbled under his breath but the other just waved him off.

"I wish you're a cup of Americano so I could always take you out."

Donghae choked on his latte and started coughing violently. Hyukjae started rubbing his best friend's back as he gazed worriedly at him.

"I wrote a letter to God last night." The model's face and tone of voice turned serious. Donghae stopped coughing as he and Hyukjae focused their attention on him.

"I thanked Him for sending me an angel named Lee Hyukjae." A sincere smile bloomed on his face as he finished his words.

Hyukjae blushed with what he heard. Pick-up line or not, he felt flattered with the sincerity on Siwon's face and voice.

Donghae, sensing how the blonde reacted with the other's flowery words, butted in. "Oh Siwon-ssi I also hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter