two

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae arrived at the cafe 'Archangel's Haeven', a name given by his cousin who owns and manages the cafe plus a pun of his name, the favorite dongsaeng. He stood by the door and looked around boringly when he suddenly felt eyes boring holes on his head. He turned to the counter and saw his cousin glaring at him. He nervously swallowed a lump on his throat and cautiously stepped towards him.

 

"H-Hyung?" He called in a timid voice like a kid who got caught doing something naughty behind his parents' back.

 

"Don't you have something to say?" Leeteuk started as he eyed the younger who dragged a high stool towards him and sat there with his gaze darted to the ground. Silence filled them and Leeteuk, sensing that he won't get any answer sighed.

 

"I saw Hyuk with Hyoyeon and Taeyeon so I went outside to call them in. But when I reached them, they declined saying Hyukjae's not feeling well. I asked them what happened and.."

 

"And what?"

 

"They said to ask you myself."

 

Donghae sank deeper and buried his face on his palms as he released a long deep sigh. "How is Hyukkie?"

 

"His eyes were puffy and his nose red."

 

He knew it. Hyukjae has been crying and he knew he's the only one to blame.

 

"He.... talked to me a while ago, during lunch." Donghae began and noticed his cousin now all ears on him. He looked at the elder who nudged him to continue.

 

"He told me..."

 

"Told you what?"

 

"He's.... a unicorn happily running across the rainbow." Donghae finished with a small voice and waited for his cousin's reaction. Leeteuk stared at him and the younger felt himself getting smaller with those judging eyes.

 

"Let me guess what happened next. You became your idiotic self and went hysterical hurting Hyukjae in the process." The other stated in a matter of fact tone and Donghae nodded timidly at him.

 

"Gosh Hae you really know how to be an at the wrong time huh?"

 

"I'm sorry okay?! I panicked and- ohmyghad I'm really an !" Donghae exclaimed as realization dawned to him.

Leeteuk sighed heavily and massaged his temples with his fingers, stress starting to take on him because of his cousin. They had been together since kids and he saw how Donghae was very fond of Hyukjae. They're practically joined to the hip many thought they're twins or something like that. People even thought Donghae was older than the other because of how overprotective he is towards the blonde.

 

"Soooo..." The dimpled guy started catching the still panicking fish's attention.

 

"What you gonna do now?"

 

"...Say sorry?" Donghae answered, unsure of his plan. His cousin looked directly to his eyes and couldn't help but pity him. In his dark brown orbs swam a lot of emotions. There's guilt, confusion, frustration, pain, and longing. Staring at the clock, it's been 4 hours since lunch time and Donghae never survived being away from Hyukjae even for 1 hour, what more for four hours? Leeteuk reached out and flicked the younger on the forehead, hard.

 

"Ouch! Hyung! What was that for?!" The brunette whined as his hand flew to his sore forehead and gently massaged it while pouting. Leeteuk knows he shouldn't show sympathy to his dongsaeng no matter what knowing who's at the real fault here.

 

"Say you're sorry if you really mean it."

 

"But I do!"

 

"So you're okay with Hyuk being gay?" Leeteuk spat making Donghae freeze on his seat.

 

The elder shook his head. "Just what I thought." He mumbled as he turned away and decided to just wipe the already clean countertop just to give the other space.

 

Donghae knew he needed to approach Hyukjae or else he'll go crazy. It's a miracle he's not yet going rabid because of the absence of his best friend for almost 5 hours now. He wanted to say sorry but he's not sure if can take everything all at once. He slowly stood up from his seat, waved Leeteuk goodbye and left the place even without waiting for a reply. He needed time for himself to use his as good as new brain even for once, for the sake of HaeHyuk.

 

Yeah, he really should.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae sighed one last time as he pressed the 'call' button. The other line began to ring and the longer it was ringing, the more nervous he became.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter