seventeen

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae groaned when he felt his bones cracking with every movement, his eyes betraying him from fully opening against the bright sunlight that seeped through his open curtains. Turning his head to the side, he sleepily rubbed his eyes and unconsciously snuggled to that very familiar warmth beside him, sighing contentedly as he did so. After a few minutes, he was finally able to open his eyelids just a little bit and saw a mop of blond hair tucked under his chin, slightly tickling him with its softness. A smile was formed on his lips as he tightened his arms wrapped on that slim waist to savor the moment.

He could really get used to waking up like this every morning.

He will graduate and work as a veterinarian on his own clinic or maybe a shared clinic with Yesung, going home really tired but all of those stress will be gone the moment he will step into their home being welcomed by his sweet gummy smile and open arms inviting him to a hug complete with a cute pink apron wrapped around his waist, obviously cooking their sumptuous dinner. Then they will eat together talking about his hard day at work while enjoying their delicious meal, his other half narrating about a hard case that he has been working of. After eating, they will do the dishes together, occasionally throwing bubbles at each other until the whole kitchen will be messy and it will take them more time to clean everything.

After their chores, they will decide on what to watch but Donghae knew he will eventually win and they will watch Finding Nemo instead, then Frozen after if it is still too early to go to bed. The two of them will find the perfect spot in front of the television and will comfortably settle there with the elder snuggling against him. The movie was only halfway done when he will feel the other's whole weight was already against him making him chuckle silently. Turning off the tv, he will carefully carry the elder and go straight to their room to lay the still sleeping beauty in his arms. He will take a quick bath and slipping into their couple pajamas, he will slowly crawl beside the other and will kiss him sneakily on the lips, sometimes on the forehead if he's feeling extra sweet. Then like a small child, he'll curl up next to him and finally drift off to his own dreamland filled with gummy smiles and strawberries.

Donghae snapped out of his too early daydreaming when he realized what and who were in those. But instead of feeling disgusted or whatnot, he felt rather... happy and giddy.

The brunette looked down when he felt Hyukjae snuggling closer to him leaving no space between them. He reached out to brush the blond fringe away revealing more of his face. Slowly, Donghae leaned forward and placed a kiss on the elder's forehead, his lips lingering there for seconds that he only let go when he felt the other squirming under him. He chuckled softly when instead of waking up, Hyukjae only scrunched his nose and started rubbing it against the younger's chest then once again relaxed.

But going back, Donghae thought how in the world Hyukjae was beside him. He vaguely remembered the happenings the night before. He never went out of his room nor took a bath and instead focused on writing his short poem for his best friend. Then, after more scribbles and typos he finally decided that it was somewhat decent already that he felt his body getting heavier. He started to feel warmer and dizzy everything around him began to spin. Collapsing with a tired sigh on his bed, his eyes automatically closed and that was it. He doesn't remember anything after that. How did Hyukjae know he was not feeling well? Did Chanyeol call him? Maybe.

His eyes then caught a small basin placed on his table with a wet towel on it. A small smile grazed on his lips when he finally figured everything.

Hyukjae did take care of him.

Even though they have a misunderstanding, the blonde still took the liberty to look after him. He must be a martyr in his past life to deserve someone like this.

With the elder being like this, will Donghae's heart gonna be able to let him go?

Carefully, he lifted his free hand and started caressing the blonde's pale soft cheek with his thumb, his eyes tracing his facial features lovingly. His future boyfriend will be really lucky to have him. Even though he tried to deny it, he knew deep inside him he's already being jealous of that guy. He took good care of Hyukjae all the years they were together. He treasured him more than anyone and anything in this world and he won't let just a somebody handle his precious jewel that might only hurt him in the end.

But is it normal for him, as the best friend, to feel that way?

His bright eyes turned slightly dark when those thoughts continued to swirl inside his mind. Couldn't Hyukjae just be with him forever? But that would be selfish of him. His best friend deserves someone who will love him as his other half and not only the love given to a best friend. Donghae knew he couldn't give that kind of love towards Hyukjae even though every bit of him is screaming of Hyukjae.

Or could he?

 

 



Hyukjae felt like he was being lured more into sleep when he felt arms wrapped around his waist, the figure next to him giving him warmth. He's not really sure though if it's just his dream or what when he felt soft thin lips pressed on his forehead. His face scrunched in slight annoyance when he felt those lips leave that he snuggled closer to the source of warmth beside him, being contented when he felt it so close to him. Then after some time, he felt someone caressing his cheek lovingly he smiled internally at the sensation.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw Donghae staring down at him, his eyes showing those emotions that kept on confusing the life out of him. He's not sure if he's the one confused with Donghae's feelings or the brunette himself.

He's also not sure if his best friend remembered everything so as to not make the atmosphere awkward, he smiled softly and continued to snuggle, hiding his face against the other's chest. He smiled when Donghae relaxed against him and started playing with his blond locks. The latter continued what he was doing, silence surrounding them which was neither awkward nor tensed.

"I'm sorry." Hyukjae felt his best friend's warm breath on his ear, his sweet soft voice waking his every sense. It may always be unfair for him but all he needed was those two words, plus a small genuine smile from Donghae and everything vanishes in an instant.

He slowly lifted his arms to snake them around the brunette's neck, burying his face on its crook and nodded softly. He only felt the younger's arms around him tightened and he knew, they both knew... everything's back to normal again.

 

 


"Hyukkkiiieee~"

"Haaaeee~"

"Hyukkkkiiieee~"

"Haaeeee~"

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun sighed at the childish whines of their brothers calling each other's names while sharing their food with each other. As much as they wanted the two to go back to normal, the way they are being sickeningly sweeter after an argument prevented the younger brothers from liking the reconciliation too much. Both rolling their eyes, they just ignored the other side of the table radiating with rainbows and unicorns running across them.

Hyukjae and Donghae decided to finally get up from bed since the blonde insisted that the younger should ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter