twenty

The Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny dragged Donghae down the stairs as she ranted about what he must and must not do during the party. The brunet listened attentively, trying hard to ignore the worry and fear that were eating his system. Nothing is honestly sure about the plan but he noticed how confident Sunny was that he couldn’t help but feel the little positivity rubbed on him.

“… And you must do something about your hair.”

Donghae stopped walking and looked at his sister.

“… My hair?”

She nodded. “Yes your hair. It’s too plain. Even if you’re already handsome and stuff still the hair is the crowning glory. You have to wear a new hairstyle!”

The elder frowned. Does he really have to go that far?

As if reading what’s inside his mind, his sister snorted. “Oppa, Hyuk Oppa is blond. It always makes him stand out among the crowd and his white skin plus the handsome face aren’t helping the situation at all. Then here comes the best friend with his boring brunette medium-length hair. What are you his sidekick?” She raised her brows. “That’s not how it’s supposed to be! You must be the Bradgelina couple of the party! Do you get me?!” Sunny continued to exclaim and by the time she was finished, she was already panting hard.

“…O~kay.” Donghae answered, careful not to wear his sister out even more. He didn’t know why she’s being like this but he’d rather not question it if he wanted to maintain his head attached to his neck.

Sunny cleared and continued walking down the stairs as if nothing happened. As they reached the living room, they were surprised when they saw an unexpected guest talking comfortably with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Donghae widened his eyes.

“Jaejoong hyung?!”

 

 

Donghae wryly eyed the suit placed neatly on top of the sofa. It was awfully familiar like he had seen this style when he was a kid. It’s a white long-sleeved shirt with ruffles at the end of each sleeve and a golden blazer on top of it, then a blue coat with its back portion long enough to reach the knees, all the sides embroidered with golden linings. Then a long sleek black dress pants and a pair of black boots plus a golden necklace to complete the outfit.

He frowned. Like Hyukjae, he hated wearing uncomfortable clothes no matter how much it looked good on him. He’s the plaid-shirt-wifebeater-jeans type of guy. Suits only restrict his movements and he couldn’t even wiggle his with that kind of clothing (not that he loves to wiggle his , definitely not).

“Do I really have to wear those?” He pouted as he turned to Jaejoong.

The elder cooed at him. “Of course Donghae. Siwon’s party is Walt Disney themed.” He smiled when the brunet snorted.

“Of course it’ll be Disney. And our Siwonnie will be dressing up as Simba.”

The four exchanged knowing looks and snickered inaudibly. Jealous-slash-annoyed Donghae was definitely the most amusing side of the brunet, they thought.

“But.. Why a suit?” The brunet soon asked.

Jaejoong laughed heartily. “Because I said so. Now,” The designer stood up, picked the clothes and pushed it towards the brunet. “Try it on so I could know if I’ll need to adjust something.”

Donghae pouted but complied anyway, walking towards his room while murmuring inaudible words Shisus-knows-what. The rest could only smile and anticipate what Donghae would look like, though they were all sure he and his ‘princess’ will look perfect together.

He went down after a few minutes. He was obviously irritated with the way he was tugging the shirt and squirming his body. The four chuckled on how he resembled a little boy who was ordered to wear the clothes he hated to the core.

“How is it?” Jaejoong approached him and fixed his coat, smiling widely when he saw Donghae nodded.

“The fit is fine hyung. I’m just really not comfortable with these clothes.” The brunet murmured with a pout.

“You look good.” Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “Now..”

“The hair.” Baekhyun supplied.

They all nodded. “Yes, the hair.”

Donghae frowned. “What about my hair?! I don’t wanna! They’re too bothersome to maintain!”

Jaejoong clicked his tongue and glared at Donghae. “We said you need it and that’s final. Now move your because we’re going to the place where my friend can do his wonders on you.”

 

 

 

 

“You’re pouting again.”

Hyukjae cutely glared at the computer screen where he saw Heechul raising his brows at him.

“I don’t want to wear it hyung. Why should I even in the first place? It’s not like I’ll still go there.” The blond murmured dejectedly making the other sigh.

“Look, I know you hate gatherings especially when you’re going there alone, but Siwon-ssi invited you himself and it will be rude of you to back out when you finally agreed.”

The younger sighed. “You’re right. But…”

“Don’t worry too much okay? Just go there and enjoy the party.” Heechul assured his brother while at the back of his mind he’s already planning on what to do if Donghae will chicken out the last minute and ditch his younger brother.

“But… Really? Yellow suit?” The blond frowned. He doesn’t enjoy suits plus it’s the color he’s not really fond of. Though he received lots of compliments from Jaejoong who dropped by their house to give him the clothes on how it fitted his blond hair and milky white skin, he’s still a little unsure if he could really carry the clothes well.

“And how did Jae hyung even know that I will attend such party?”

His older brother laughed nervously but he’s too preoccupied to notice.

“M-Maybe he knew from someone? Ei~ why stress yourself over it? Just be thankful you won’t have to worry over your costume right?” The elder tried to reason out and released a breath when he saw his brother nodding innocently at him.

“I guess you’re right.”

 

 

 

"So you were here all along."

Donghae looked up from the t.v and saw Yesung standing by the front door. The latter invited his self inside and settled beside the other. He grabbed the remote from Donghae and changed the channel without the younger's consent earning an annoyed groan.

"Last time I went to your house you have your own t.v. And it's plasma." Donghae muttered and pouted when his cousin settled for a basketball game. He was so not interested in any basketball game for Shisus' sake! He wanted his Disney channel marathon!

"Why weren't you dropping by at the cafe?" The black-haired guy asked instead, not tearing his eyes away from the screen.


Donghae frowned. He had two reasons for that. First, he had a misunderstanding because of him (again) with Hyukjae; and second, Sunny practically nagged him not to show his newly styled hair to anyone until the party. She even went as far as threatening him about cutting his junior off. Silently looking at Chanyeol asking for help, he threw him his defeated puppy look only to be disappointed when his brother merely laughed at him.

 

He thought giving out the second reason will be better and less interrogating for his own sake.

 

“Sunny forbid me from showing my hair until the party.”

 

“What party?”

 

“That Choi Siwon’s party. Apparently he organized a party where only his close friends were invited and Hyuk was one of them and being the kind-hearted guy that he was –please note my heavy sarcasm there- he also invited me to join considering how I never let my bestfriend out of my sight.” He rolled his eyes with his words. He knew Siwon only did it just to get on Hyukjae’s good side by acting all friendly on him but as if he would let him especially now that he knew his real feelings towards the blond.

 

“Oh. I thought something happened between you and Hyuk again.” Yesung muttered after a while making Donghae freeze on his seat.

 

“W-Where did you even get the i-idea?” He stuttered, not bothering to look at his cousin.

 

The black-haired guy shrugged. “Just a hunch, no big deal.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter