Eternity

Heart of the Ocean

The girl gently placed a delicate lily on the faded tombstone. Tall streaks of evergreen grass had surrounded the cold marble stone which gave it a beautiful wash of color.

" Thanks for saving me, Zitao. Even though I was unconscious at that time, your brothers told me everything. Thank you. " A single drop of tear dripped onto the lily as Ara bowed her head down. A man approached the grieving girl with a somber look. He gently placed his arm around her shoulder, hugging her close.

" Kai. " Ara muttered as she looked up at him with a tear stained face. He met her gaze with equally devastated eyes and just for a moment, the girl spotted a tear drop escape the corner of his dark orbs.

" It's been 3 years Ara, let this pass. Tao wouldn't have wanted you to remain sad forever. He did what he did because that was just the kind of person he was. No doubt, that boy always shoots nonsense out from his mouth but if you truly understood him, all he wanted was for his brothers and his family to be happy. " 

Ara nodded as her shoulders trembled. The pink scar on her thigh glinted slightly in the summer sun. It served as a reminder of that day, how everything ended, how Tao left them.

 

 

*****Flashback*****

 

" Ara! " The maknae panicked as his eyes widened in terror. He knew how much Ara meant to Kai and Kris, even to then. She was practically their sister. Thousands of words flashed into his mind in a split of a second as Tao shoved himself in front of Ara without any further thoughts. He hastily grabbed the man's wrists as Kai quickly joined the fight. Kris struggled as he hurriedly shielded the girl within his arms. He observed in desperation as the showdown between his two strongest fighters and the masked figure commenced. However, it became apparent that they were winning. Both Tao and Kai had managed to confuse their opponent for second and that was more than enough time for an attack. Kai smirked as he grabbed the figure in a deadly headlock and Tao gave him a hi-5 as he prepared to throw a fatal punch which would knock the man out. 

" Tao! "

" Huang Zi Tao! "

Tao's face turned towards Kai's in surpise. His features were frozen in shock and pain. Both of their eyes traveled down to the blade lodged in his heaving chest. Kai roared as he twisted the spine of the man who did this to his brother. The masked figure collided on the floor as he rushed towards Tao. Kris remained frozen with Ara still in is arms as D.O crawled over to his brother despite his own injury.

" Gege..It... hurts. "

Kai's eyes widened as he stared hard at Tao's bleeding chest. His once arrogant and cocky face had been replaced with a pleading and desperate look. 

" Lay! Lay!! "

" Our powers don't work here. " Lay muttered in pain. 

Every single one of the Guardians surrounded the bleeding maknae. The fight was over as TOP laid on the floor unmoving, they had finally defeated the fallen angels. But at what price? 

" Tao!!! " Chanyeol yelled as he grasped the boy's cold hands. Pain shot through everyone's faces. No one could believe that their happy go lucky boy would be in this state. Tao had been one of their strongest. And now, he was near his end. Sehun swallowed in gut-wrenching fear. All eyes watched as their leader took his left hand and held it tightly. At that moment, it was as though someone was showing a family filmstrip in all their heads.They saw Tao whining childishly at his Christmas present. They saw Tao yelling in pride as he won every single video game. They saw Tao rambling non stop during all their meals. They saw Tao eyeing Ara mischievously and commenting on her good figure. They saw Tao being worried sick when Ara had been taken. They knew that they would never see Tao cheer for another football game.Tear after tear rolled down all of the guardians' faces.

The maknae's hand slipped out of Kris's firm grasp. His body shuddered one last time before it fell completely still.

" Tao. " Sehun whispered as he remained still. 

 

*****End of flashback*****

 

Hand in hand, the pair walked down the hilly slope as they left. Ara stopped for awhile as she turned to look back at the beautiful grave. They had chosen a place near to their mansion so that anyone could visit Tao as and when they liked. The girl knew that the boys frequently visited the tomb to talk to their brother. Everyone knew that Tao hated being alone the most. 

Kai squeezed Ara's hand as he looked at her side profile." You're beautiful. "

" That was random. " The girl joked as she grinned at his handsome face. 

" Tao always said that to us, he said that you were the prettiest girl he had ever seen. " Kai chuckled as he recalled the good times. Ara watched closely as the man's face fell slightly. She knew how much everyone was hurting. Hesitantly, the girl brought up her hand to his face. Kai's eyes blazed as he took her hand and held in against his cheek. The two remained silent as they held each other's gaze. 

 

" You guys are back. " Kris smiled as the couple entered the house. 

" They must have went to annoy Tao again. " Chanyeol smirked as he winked at Ara. Kris met eyes with the girl as she gave him a look. He met her back with another warm smile to show that he didn't mind anymore. It was the truth. Kris knew that the two of them would never have a future. Even if Naeyong had been out of their lives from the very beginning, the two of them just didn't belong. Ara had previously admitted to Kris about her feelings for him. However, somewhere along the lines, Kai had entered her heart. He had always been there for her when Kris ignored her. He was the one to stand by the girl each time something happened. Kris had loved her, but it was obvious that his love had not been enough. He had only himself to blame for this outcome. To be honest, all that mattered right now was for her to be happy. And everyone could tell that every since Kai and her got together, Ara's smile never left her face. Kai loved her with everything he had. As for Kris, he wanted to play the part of a leader well. The man had decided that there was no space for love anymore. Besides, the elders had stopped forcing him to marry Naeyong ever since the truth came out. Naeyong was no longer a Guardian. She had stood on the evil side for the wrong reasons and there was no longer a space for her here anymore. Besides, she had indirectly caused their beloved maknae's death. It hurt Kris to think that someone he had loved was capable of such actions. That wasn't the Naeyong he had previously fallen in love with before but that was all in the past. The present was what that mattered now. 

" Ara! You have to help me in the kitchen today! " D.O yelled as he frantically dashed into the living room. 

" She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. " Kai narrowed his eyes as he faced his brother who was holding a ladle.

" I want to! " The girl exclaimed as she followed Kyungsoo hurriedly. Kai winced as she dropped his hand to take Kyungsoo's one.

" Jealousy will kill you one day. " Sehun muttered with a roll of his eyes as he looked at Kai. The man chuckled softly to himself as he nodded. " It seems weird but I feel extra protective over her. "

" You should be. She's my only sister. " Suho joined the conversation as he shot Kai a look. " If you ever go back to your Casanova ways again- "

" I won't. " He spoke with so much determination and finality that no one could argue anymore. " I love Ara. I truly do. "

" I know you do. That is the only reason why I stepped back. " Kris sighed as he looked at the man. 

 

-

 

" How was the food just now? " Ara turned to Kai as they huddled together beneath a warm blanket under the night sky.

" To be honest? It really . " The man made a face as Ara scrunched up her face in irritation. 

" You- "

" Kidding, just kidding. It was good. You and Kyungsoo did a good job. " He gave her a cheeky thumbs up before leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek.

Ara's face softened as she beamed up at him. His dark eyes, strong jaw and plump lips stood out underneath the moonlight as the girl became mesmerized. Slowly bringing up her hand, she lightly traced his features as he closed his eyes. Kai remained still as Ara marveled over his perfect features. Not able to control himself any longer, he opened his eyes and inched closed to her. 

" My parents are coming over this weekend. "The girl recalled as she suddenly pulled back and rested her head against his broad chest. Kai nodded as he glanced down at her. " It's been 2 weeks since they last visited. "

Even though they were not her birth parents, Ara loved them as they were her own. She was glad that they were brought back into her life again ever since everything settled down. Kai smiled to himself as he looked down at Ara's blissful face. He never knew that he was capable of ever loving someone whole-heartedly before. As much as he felt guilty towards Kris, love was a game after all. There had to be a winner and he was lucky enough to win Ara's heart. Kai's eyes hardened as he gently tilted up Ara's chin for better access. The two pressed their lips together as Kai wounded his arms tightly around his girl.

She was someone he was never ever going to let go of.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A big thank you to everyone who stuck with this story through ty chapters and all! Initially, I wanted this story to end around chapter 28 but it kinda dragged longer then expected. Sorry to all Krisra shippers >< 

Thanks to the additional upvotes from

giantsfan225

purplethunder1 

rubycheok98
 
*hug*
 
P.s, I'll be starting on a new story featuring OC and Kai. It will be a much longer one, around 70 chapters or so? Stay tuned! <33333333 I love you all