Twelevth heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

Tao pouted his lips worridly as he glanced at the clock. It was nearing noon already and yet Ara was still up in her room fast asleep.

" She really sleeps well. " Xiumin chuckled as Kai laughed in agreement. Kris, on the other hand, felt uneasy for some reason.

" Someone should call her up, we have practice today and it's rude for her to keep everyone waiting. " Naeyong sniffed coldly. Kai frowned but just before he could start a comeback, Tao quickly stood up and left to check on Ara.

" Ara! it's time to wake up. " Tao knocked gently on the door. There was no response. " Ara! " He started pounding on the door. Still, no response. Tao was about to give up when he realised that the door was unlocked. Aish, this girl. " Ara...?" Tao cautiously entered the room feeling afraid that he might walk in on Ara changing clothes or something. 

Tao's yell rang throughout the entire house. Kai immediately sprung up from his seat and bolted up the stairs followed anxiously by the rest of the guys. Kris could feel his heart pounding. From the way that Tao had yelled, something bad must have happened to Ara. The boys crammed through the narrow bedroom door only to find a horrified Tao kneeling at Ara's sleeping figure. Her face was no longer rosy. In fact, it was deathly pale. Kris looked down and noticed that Ara was clutching a music box. The music was still tinkling softly but Kai had slammed the lid shut. 

" This music. It's a ing spell " Kai hissed angrily while his worried eyes were fixed on the sleeping girl. " Lay, can you wake her up? "

" I... I don't think- "

" Just bloody do it alright! " Kai shouted violently causing Lay to jump back at his outburst.

" Kai, stop. " Kris said in a low voice so full of authority that the rest of the guardians trembled at the anger in the words. Kris was worried out of his mind. He had always known that something like that would happen to Ara sooner or later but he had promised himself to stop whoever would want to hurt her. The only thing he had to be grateful as of now was that the girl was still alive.

" How are we going to wake her up? " Kai whispered as he knelt beside her. Kris placed a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder. As much as he had felt jealous of the chemistry between Kai and Ara, he knew that right now Kai was hurting inside. He was certain of this because he was feeling the pain too.

" What's wrong with Ara, you guys are making such a din. " Naeyong waltzed into the room carelessly.

" It must have been you. You gave the music box to Ara, didn't you? "

Naeyong narrowed her eyes at Kai's accusation. " What gives you the right to say that? " She smirked.

" Simple. Because in this house, you are the only one who hates her. " Kai growled.

Naeyong snorted and rolled her eyes. " Listen you - "

" I have always treated you as a sister. But ever since you started having something against Ara, that has changed. You have lost a brother because from now on, I will protect that girl. And if it means protecting her against you, I will do just that. " Kai stared at Naeyong coldly and strode out of the room. Naeyong stared wordlessly at his back and shrugged. His words had affected her but she was trying not to show it.

" We know that it wasn't you. Don't worry about that guy, he just needs somewhere to relieve his anger right now. " Luhan murmered gently to Naeyong.

Kris stared at Ara silently. If this was a spell, the sender would have set a specific time for Ara to wake up. It may be a few hours or it may be eternity. Kris knew that this was probably just sent as a warning to the guardians so the chance that Ara would wake up soon was very high. The only thing that they could do now was to wait patiently. He placed his hands in his pocket and wrapped his fingers around the small charm that he had bought for her birthday.

Sorry. I had failed to keep you safe.

 

-

 

The house have been unnaturally silent. No one was in the mood to train whatsoever now that Ara had been already sleeping for 2 days. Kai was spending all his time beside Ara while the rest of the boys just hung out around her room. Everyone stayed away from Kai as they knew his temper. Whenever he was worried about something in particularly someone he truly cared about, he was like a land mine. One wrong word and he could blow up. Suprisingly, even Sehun who had disliked Ara in the beginning was obviously worried about her condition. He had been checking in on Ara every few hours. Naeyong was the only one who remained cheerful throughout the following days. Day by day passed and Ara still remained the same way. Kai was losing his patience while Kris was slowly going crazy. They had called for help from their people but no one had the answer to the solution. 

" Just waiting like this is ridiculous. I can't stand not doing anything. " Kai murmured desperately with his hands wrapped around Ara's cold fingers. Sehun leaned against the wall with dark eyes. He had to admit to himself that without Ara happily prancing around the house these few days, something didn't feel right. The rest of the guys were gazing sullenly at the sleeping girl. It had been the 7th day already.

" Yifan, I'm hungry. Do you want to get dinner with me? " Naeyong blinked up at Kris with her puppy eyes. Kris ignored her while keeping his gaze fixed on Ara.

" Yifan, let's go please? " Naeyong continued whining while tugging at his arm.

" Just quit it, will you. " Kris burst out irritatedly and pulled his arm away from her grip before leaving the room. The guys fell silent. Kris had never lost his temper towards Naeyong ever. When it came to Naeyong, he had always been patient and loving. Naeyong's mouth fell open in shock and she remained rooted in her position.

" I'll send you back to your room. " Luhan gently whispered before guiding her arm and leading her out.

Kris stomped down the stairs and headed to the garden. He was suprised at himself. Never once had he treated Naeyong the way he just did. Kris had spent the past few days worrying crazily about Ara. Seeing her being in this condition was affecting his state of mind. 

" It's obvious, you know that. "

Kris spun around to face the angelic looking guy. " Luhan " 

" You developed feelings for Ara. Haven't you? "

" What- "

" It's obvious. " Luhan shook his head at the leader and pointed towards his mind.

Right, telepathy. Kris sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. " What can I do though, I have Naeyong and she has Kai. It's impossible. "

" Nothing is impossible when it comes to matters of the heart. You of all people should understand that the best. "

" Kai really loves her, I can tell that. She is special to him. "

" She is special to you as well. "

Kris glanced at Luhan. He was definately the wisest among them even though his face didn't seem like it.

" So what should I do? "

Luhan grinned at the tall guy feeling glad that Kris had finally acknowledged  the feelings he had for Ara. " Fight for her. "

 

-

 

" What should I do? Tell me what must I do to wake you up " Kai whispered softy while his thumb gently against Ara's soft cheeks. He hated himself for being in a position where there was nothing he could do. He felt useless that he couldn't do anything to help Ara. Above all, he felt pain seeing her being like this.

" How is she? " A low voice rang out from behind.

" Still the same as always. " Kai replied without moving his gaze from Ara. He could feel Kris coming to stand behind him.

" She will wake up soon, I can feel that. "

Kai remained quiet but he prayed silently in his heart. I really hope that you're right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suprise! The music box was not from Kris *evil laughter*