Twenty first heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

" You guys are seriously crazy! " Chanyeol gritted his teeth as he struggled to pull the two men apart. 

" Is that all you've got? " Kai challenged as he struggled against Baekhyun's restraining arms.

" you " Kris growled as he pushed Kyungsoo who had been blocking him aside easily before lunging towards Kai.

" What's going on? " A shocked voice rang through the hallway as Ara gaped at the scene before her. Kris and Kai were both covered in bruises and Kai had blood dripping from his mouth.

" It must be your fault! " Tao shouted as he spotted the girl. " Kai would never hit Duizhang if it weren't for you! "

" Don't you dare blame her. " Kai snarled as he spat out the blood in Tao's direction. 

" I'm so done with this! " Tao yelled in frustration as he stomped away angrily from the site. The other guys shot death glares at both Kai and Kris before following Tao.

" What happened? " Ara stepped closer towards the pair. " Why are you attacking each other like that? "

Kris swallowed hard as he looked away from the girl. 

" It's nothing. " Kai murmured as he stepped away. " I'll go wash up. " The man headed towards his room leaving Kris and Ara behind.

" Are you okay? " Ara asked hesitantly as she noticed the state that the leader was in. 

Kris remained silent as he looked down at her face. She was gazing up at him with a mixture of sympathy and panic in her eyes.

" I'm fine. " 

" Uhm. Your lips are bleeding badly. "

Kris his cracked lips as he tasted the metallic taste of fresh blood. " I'll be okay. "

Ara stood in confusion as he too, turned and walked away from her. What was going on with them?

 

 

" Tao has always been rash with his words. Don't mind him. " 

Ara widened her eyes in suprise as she realized whose voice it belonged to.

" Sehun? "

" When the others find out the truth, things will get better. " The man replied as his cold gaze landed on the girl.

" You believe me too? " Ara couldn't hide her shock. He had been the one who disliked her right from the beginning. She had thought that he would be on Naeyong's side for sure.

" I believe what I know. " 

 

-

 

 

Ara stopped outside Kai's room. He had locked himself in his room for several hours and she was worried about his condition.

" Kai? " The girl knocked on the door gently.

Several moments passed before the door clicked opened to reveal an unsmiling Kai.

" Are you alright? " 

Kai gazed at the girl without speaking before taking her hand and pulling her inside. Ara gasped as Kai placed his arms up on either side of her, trapping her tightly against the wall. He was so close to her that she could feel his body heat.

" Do you like Kris? "

" What are you- "

" Answer my question "

Ara bit her lip as she faced him. His dark eyes were full of conflicting emotions and his plump lips were set in a hard line against his strong jaw.

" Ara please. "

 

" I don't know. "

Kai exhaled in frustration as he dropped his hands before stepping away from the girl. " That's your answer? I don't know? "

" I really don't know. " Ara whispered softly as she heard the pain in his voice. " I'm sorry. " She lowered her head.

Kai remained silent for a moment before glancing at the girl. The man softened as he noticed the hurt expression on her face. He couldn't bring himself to be angry at her even if he wanted to. Shuffling closer, he brought up his hand carefully to her cheek. " Hey it's okay. I'm sorry for asking something like that. " Kai knew that she definitely had feelings for the leader. But he knew that Ara liked him as well. At least there was something for him to hold on to.

" If I told you that I liked you, what would you say? "

Ara faltered as she gazed at his determined face.

" I do like you but it's more of a friendship than love to me. " Ara replied softly. She didn't want to hurt him because him being in pain would hurt her too.

" What if I asked for a chance to change that? " Kai stated gently as he gazed at her seriously. " Would you be willing to try? "

" I... I- "

" You don't have to give me an answer right now. Just promise me that you'll think about it, okay? "

" I will. "

 

-

 

Kai's words kept ringing in Ara's mind. She knew that she liked him but it was different. When she was with Kai, Ara felt comfortable and at peace. Being with Kris was the completely opposite. Ara would feel butterflies in her stomach and her heart would beat faster. The girl was so absorbed in her thoughts that a movement behind her had gone completely unnoticed.

Ara struggled as she felt a cold towel being pressed against . A sweet smell filled her lungs before darkness clouded her mind.

 

-

 

" Ara's gone. Someone took her. "

All 11 pairs of eyes flashed to Kai's ashen face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Short update for you lovely people!