Twentieth heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

The tall maknae left Naeyong's room with a slam of the door behind him. Sehun had always been a calm person but right now, anger was actually burning deep inside him. He couldn't comprehend why Naeyong was targeting Ara in such a malicious way. He of all people knew best that Ara hadn't been the culprit. Sehun's weeks of intense research paid off. He had managed to dig out the truth. Years ago when Ara was still living her old life, she had been cornered by several guys. They were affiliates of the shadows and their attempt to obtain Ara's blood succeeded. All these while, Sehun had suspected that the Shadows were trying ways and means to manipulate the powers of the Guardians. The recent attack on Naeyong proved that they had finally made their mark.

Sehun came to a stop when he noticed the scene in front of him. Ara was breaking down in tears in Kai's arms. The maknae turned the other way to give the couple their privacy with a hint of a smile on his cold and handsome face. He was glad that at least Kai hadn't been as oblivious to the truth as the rest of his brothers.

 

Ara awkwardly pulled away from Kai. She noticed that his crisp white shirt had already been soaked with her tears.

" I'm sorry for ruining your shirt. " The girl muttered guiltily. 

" Just do the same thing for me when I get upset the next time. " The man chuckled while mussing up her hair gently. He felt better knowing that Ara had vented out all her frustrations through crying. " Come on, I'll walk you back to your room. "

 

 

Kris gently entangled himself from Naeyong's grasp as her chest rose up and down heavily. He knew that she had fallen asleep. He quietly left the room while making sure that his movements had not disturbed the girl's rest. There was something that he wanted to do. Kris wanted to listen to Ara's side of the story regardless of the truth. He wanted badly to believe in the girl's innocence.

" Kai. " Kris nodded as he crossed paths with him right outside Ara's bedroom. The man snorted as he ignored his leader's acknowledgement. Kris sighed before placing his hand on the doorknob.

" Just so you know, I'll always be right there by her side. Say anything that upsets her and I will not forgive you, leader or not. " Kai called out carelessly over his shoulder with a hint of warning in his deep voice before striding away.

Kris stood in the doorway scanning the room. Ara was huddled in the chair with her arms wrapped tightly around herself. The girl jumped a little when she noticed his presence. Ignoring her cold gaze, Kris approached her without hesitation as he settled himself down beside her.

" If you're here to punish me or whatever, just get it over and done with. " Ara turned her face away from his as she looked out of the misted window, observing the snowflakes drifting in the winter wind.

" I'm here hoping for a reason to believe in you. " 

Ara whipped her head around to face him at his response. She collected her thoughts for a moment before shaking her head softly. " If you truly wanted to believe in me, you would have done that without any explanation. Just like Kai, he trusted me completely. "

Kris grew angry that Kai was being mentioned. " The fact that I am here right now, doesn't that say enough about my trust for you? "

Ara exhaled and looked away. She didn't want to argue with the intimidating leader right now. Kris struggled to compose himself as he continued. " Please tell me exactly what happened. I will do anything in my capacity to help you if you were innocent. "

" If I was innocent? If? And you still said you trusted me. " The girl scoffed lightly. Kris pinched the bridge of his sharp nose as he stood up slowly.

" Forget it, we will talk about this another day. "

" I have nothing to say to you " Ara simple replied as she ignored his obvious growing anger. Kris turned sharply and exited her room. He knew that he shouldn't have lost his temper but Ara was making this so much harder for him. He knew that he had to leave before he could say something to the girl that he might regret horribly.

Ara looked down as the tears threatened to fall again. Why couldn't Kris just believe her like Kai did?

 

" I warned you, upset Ara and I will not just stand by doing nothing. What did you say to her? " Kai growled as he shoved Kris violently against the wall.

" I didn't say anything that I shouldn't have. " The leader spat coldly as he adjusted his wrinkled collar while stepping away from the wall.

" Then explain why is she crying in her room right now! "

Kris halted to a stop as he heard Kai's words. Ara had been crying after his visit? Immediately, guilt and pain surged through his heart. He shouldn't have been so harsh towards the girl. Kris couldn't help himself. His anger rose when Ara had dragged Kai into their conversation previously. 

" What. did. you. say. to. her. " Kai spat through his teeth venomously as he repeated himself. His fists were clenched tightly and he had to control himself before he could punch his leader straight in the face.

Kris glared at him, his eyes narrowing dangerously. For a moment, both men just glared at each other with looks of intense hatred.

" Shouldn't you be comforting her instead of coming at me now? " Kris muttered sarcastically while struggling to control his own temper as well. As the leader, he always had to show a good example. It had been his responsibility. However, Kris was having problems with that while facing Kai now. Before waiting for Kai's response, Kris roughly bumped against Kai's shoulder as he turn to leave.

" Coward. " Kai hissed.

" Come again? " Kris stopped in his tracks.

" You're a coward for not daring to admit your feelings for Ara. " Kai smirked as he leaned against the wall. " You really think that it wasn't obvious when you- "

Kai didn't have a chance to finish his sentence when Kris came straight towards him with a lethal punch. Growling while spitting blood out of his mouth, Kai returned the punch straight to the leader's gut before he had a chance to defend himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for all your comments! <3 I love you guysssssss

p.s I know that Suho and Kris seem like huge jerks for not believing in Ara but they have their own reasons. Suho may be her brother but they were separated growing up. Other then the blood bond, there are no other sentimental connections between the two as they didn't have the chance to know each other. As for Kris, he did love Naeyong after all. It is not easy for him to chose between Naeyong and Ara, especially now when all the evidence is against Ara even though he really wants to believe her. Also, he is the leader so he is not supposed to let personal feelings affect his judgment.