Twenty third heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

" They obviously want us to turn up. It's a trap. " Chen mumbled as he looked at the photo of a bleeding Ara.

" Kai and Duizhang have left already. " Tao glanced worriedly at the clock on the wall. " I hope they bring her back safely. "

 

The girl's eyelids fluttered open. Night had already fallen as the moonlight beamed through the tall glass windows. Ara lifted her weak head to see Himchan standing nearby with his eyes focused on her. 

" You need to drink. " He walked over and lifted her head slowly before tilting a water bottle over her lips. Her need for water was so great that the girl's thirst overrid her pride and she gulped down the cool liquid urgently. Ara immediately felt better when she was hydrated.

" What are you planning to do with me? "

Himchan furrowed his brows before shrugging. " Depends on whether I get the response I want. "

Ara sighed as she looked away in defeat. Silence filled the room as Himchan observed Ara's side profile without a single word.

" I guess I can see the appeal. " He finally smirked mysteriously as Ara turned to look at him in confusion.

" It worked. They're here. " A low voice filled the room startling Ara. Himchan quickly left after throwing a quick glance in the girl's direction. 

" Feed her something to knock her out. "

Those were the last words Ara heard the man mutter before two masked figures forced a pill into .

 

 

" Welcome. " The masked man stood before the two.

" Spare us your crap and give Ara back! " Kai spat through his teeth as he trembled in rage. Kris placed a restraining hand on the man before turning to the masked figure. 

" I know what you are after and I promise that it will be yours once Ara is back with us safely. "

Kai widened his eyes as he heard the words coming out from his leader. 

" Kris, you can't- "

" And you should know that I never break my promises. " The tall man continued as he ignored Kai's protests.

" I knew you would agree for her sake. " Himchan grinned. " Take care of that girl though, you should know of the greatest danger she is in and it's not even from us. "

 

-

 

Ara tilted her head to the side as she flipped her body over. The girl suddenly widened her eyes in shock. The current position she was in right now was much too comfortable. It didn't even seem as though she was being tied on a chair. A familiar image greeted her as she squinted her eyes.

" Kai? "

" Hey sleepy head. " The man ruffled her soft hair as he smiled down tenderly at the girl.

Ara rubbed her eyes viciously to make sure that she wasn't hallucinating. Kai was right beside her and she was resting comfortably in her own bed. Was this even real?

" Kai! "

" It's not a dream, my Ara is finally safe and sound. " He chuckled at her suprised expression.

Kai froze in shock when Ara wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her level.

" It really is you. I'm back. " The girl choked on her tears as she buried her face in his warm and muscular chest. " You are really here. " Her sobbing practically tore Kai's once cold heart into pieces. When she cried like that, he felt the need to make everything right for her again.

" I'm here, I won't let them hurt you anymore. " The man slowly brought up his arms to enclose the girl securely. " No one is going to hurt you from now. " 

Kai her hair softly as he tightened his grip around Ara while resting his chin on the top of her head. If only time could stay perfectly still for now.

 

Kris gently shut the door. It was good to know that Ara was being taken care of by Kai. As much as he wanted to be the one offering her warmth, Kris knew that he wasn't good for her. Besides, he was much too complicated for such an innocent and pure girl like Ara. The tall man slowly made his way back to his room as he clutched on the walls for support. Giving the Shadows what they wanted had made him so weak that he could barely stand but Kris wanted to make sure that the girl was fine.

 

" Was is worth it? Sacrificing what you did for Ara? " Luhan muttered to himself as he read Kris's conflicted mind. " But I guess anyone would have done the same. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the ultra short update. I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. lessons which start at 8 freaking a.m TT. I'm just like 

 

p.s Does anyone know what Kris gave the Shadows in exchange for Ara? (;