Twenty ninth heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

Training had been tough for the past few days. Kris was determined for Ara to be able to protect herself in combat. It wasn't easy but the girl had actually made huge leaps of improvement.

" You're doing well. " The leader turned to Ara one evening after dinner. Tao gave the girl a thumbs up as Suho patted her shoulder encouragingly. Ara was already one of the family in everyone's eyes. Even Naeyong wasn't throwing glares at her anymore. Ara was finally getting used to her new life here.

" Funny that everything's been so peaceful these days. " Chen murmured to nobody in particular as everyone stiffened at his words. They knew that it was a matter of time before someone came to disrupt their lives while looking for Ara. 

 

-

 

" You're aware of what you just agreed, don't you? "

The girl just smirked as she nodded. " I want this. "

 

-

 

" Ara. " 

Ara blinked in suprise at the unexpected voice. Naeyong was looking up at her with guilt clearly radiating in her eyes. " I'm... I'm sorry for treating you the way I did previously. Kris had talked to me about it and I realized how unfair I was being. You tried to save me from the attacker and all I did was to accuse you just because of jealousy. "

That was the longest and most sincere sentence Naeyong had ever spoke to Ara and the girl widened her eyes in amazement. She continued staring at the beautiful lady opposite her as her mind whirled around. Naeyong was actually trying to make peace? 

" It's okay if you don't want to forgive me. I understand. " Naeyong whispered as she hastily turned away but Ara stepped forward to stop the girl. 

" Just let everything pass. I'm glad that I met every single one of you. " She smiled a tentative smile.

Naeyong's answering smile was a little late but Ara saw it nonetheless.

 

-

 

" Finally, a day of rest! " Tao yelled as he plopped down on the huge leather sofa. The boys were all in an excellent mood as Kris had granted them an off day from the strenuous activities.

Ara stretched in content as she settled down beside the maknae who gave her a mischievous nudge on her arm which she returned almost immediately. The whole day was just wasted with everyone lazing in the living room either falling asleep or just staring into space. Their muscles were so sore that nobody bothered to do something else. The clock chimed loudly as Ara noted with a start that it was already evening time.

" Hey, can we have a barbeque outside? It's been to long since our last one. " Chanyeol suggested as all the boys wolf whistled to his words. 

" Do what you want. " Kris just shrugged in response as he looked up from the book on his lap.

Everyone immediately cheered as they scrambled around to get the stuff ready. Ara was left behind together with Kris and Naeyong. She bit her lip awkwardly as the sudden silence fell upon the three. 

" I'll... I'll go help Kai. " The girl finally muttered as she stood up hastily and left. Naeyong nodded as she leaned her head against Kris's broad shoulders. 

" Yifan. "

" Hm? "

" I apologized to Ara already. From now on, I will treat her like my sister. "

Kris looked at the girl in suprise but quickly rearranged his features into a smile. " I'm thankful for this, Nae. " 

The barbeque was going well as Chanyeol immediately started the fire with his own gift. Very soon, the smell of food drifted around the premises as everyone gathered around the pit. 

" Here babe. " Kai handed a plate full of food to Ara who was just observing the scene in front of her. 

" Kai, over here!! " Baekhyun yelled as Kai turned towards Ara. " I'll be back with more food, just help yourself okay? " 

" Just go " Ara laughed as she noticed Baekhyun's growing impatience from a distance.

" They're just like one big family right? " Naeyong quietly murmured as she stood beside Ara who nodded. 

" All of them are precious to me and I would do anything to protect them. " She continued as Ara listened attentively. " Would you? "

The girl nodded once again in agreement with Naeyong. 

Kris spotted both his girls talking to each other in a corner and he smiled to himself. He was relieved that Naeyong was no longer going to put Ara in a spot. 

" They're finally getting along. " Kai observed as he noticed Kris's preoccupation. 

" Let's just hope that this peace we're getting would last. " Kris sighed as he sipped his wine.

 

-

 

" Where's Ara? Did anyone see her? " Kai called out as he failed to locate the girl.

" She was feeling sleepy so I told her to go to bed early. " Naeyong replied while Kai nodded in understanding. " Thanks Naeyong. "

 

Ara sat down on her bed as she waited apprehensively. Naeyong had instructed her to return to her room to wait for Kris who apparently had something to discuss with her regarding her status.

A click sounded as the doorknob turned. The girl immediately sat up straight as she turned toward Kris.

" Who are you? " Ara frowned as an unknown man sauntered into the room instead of the tall leader.

" They call me T.O.P. " He murmured in a low and teasing voice as he inched closer to the girl. Ara immediately realized that something was wrong. Before she could do anything, her vision clouded with darkness as she felt all strength draining out of her body. A huge wave of exhaustion crashed over her and all struggles to remain awake died down. The last thing the girl saw before her eyes fluttered shut was his triumphant smirk. 

Naeyong chuckled once as she looked at all the guys enjoying their dinner. Park Ara, you're finally out of this game.

 

-

 

" Wow, that girl can really sleep. " D.O muttered over breakfast as he glanced at Ara's empty seat. 

" She's been training so hard these few days. " Kai sighed as he chewed slowly on his toast. " It to see her being so tired after every single training session. "

" Ara understands that this is her responsibility. It would benefit her to be able to fight for herself properly. " Kris stated as he sipped on his coffee. True, he didn't like watching the girl strain herself so much but it couldn't be helped. He hated the idea of her being defenseless against anyone. 

" Let her sleep in for today, Kris. " Kai looked at the leader. " She deserves a break. "

Kris sighed as he met Kai's eyes. " Wake her up at noon. "

 

-

 

The girl opened her eyes as she felt soreness in every single part of her body. Ara gasped when she realized the position she was in. Her hands and feet were tied together and she was dangling from a pole by her tied arms. From her cloudy vision, the girl noticed several men standing by. They were all masked and something about them told Ara that they were dangerous. Even more dangerous than the Shadows. They were on a different level of evil all together.

Before Ara could open to speak, one of the men walked up to her. She hissed in terror as she recalled his name. T.O.P. He was the only unmasked one among the 6 men present. Standing close to her, Ara realized how tall he was. He towered over her even though she was being tied to a pole.

He slowly brought up his hand to her cheek. It may seem as though it had been a tender move but Ara could feel the chill radiating from his ice cold skin. Ara glared in his face boldly. TOP's dark eyes shimmered seductively as he brought up his lips into a grin. His beauty and charisma could rival even that of Kris but this man did not seem to have a heart. Ara believed that he could slit without a second thought in an instance.

" Do not touch me. " The girl snapped as she whipped her head away from his touch. As much as Ara was horrified beyond words, she did not want to let them have the satisfaction of scaring her.

" Do you know why you're here? " TOP questioned as he gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ears carefully while holding her gaze.

Ara remained silent as she winced. She hated the fact that he was touching her so casually like that.

The next event happened so quickly that Ara had barely enough time to blink before pain shot through her flesh. TOP had drew out a blade and stabbed it into her thigh so quickly that she had missed his action. 

" When I ask you a question, you answer me. Are we clear? " He murmured softly into her ear. Ara choked on her tears as she struggled to remain quiet. Her wound burned and the pain was getting so intense that she felt like passing out.

The man slowly lifted her chin up as he gazed deeply into her eyes. " Does it hurt? "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for not updating as frequently! ):