Twenty eighth heartbeat

Heart of the Ocean

" You're doing this all wrong. " Luhan muttered as he sat beside the man.

" Honestly, I can't tell wrong from right now. My feelings are getting so complicated that I can't even understand myself. "

" So let me help. " The angelic looking man offered for his leader.

 

" I'm not... I'm not a warm guy like Kai is. I can't be. " Kris started. " There are too many burdens that I have to carry. What right do I have to love Ara if I can't even show what I'm feeling? "

Luhan sighed as he deciphered Kris's thoughts. " And then there's Naeyong. "

" Right. She will probably hate me for life if she realizes that I allowed Ara into my heart. " The man murmured bitterly.

" The thing is, I care about Naeyong too. How could I not? We've been together for so long, all 13 of us. "

" It's unfair to Naeyong if she finds out that you're with her because of concern and not because of love.  " 

" I know. "

 

-

 

" Did something happen? " Kai asked as he noticed Ara's hurt expression. The girl shook her head quickly as she replaced the frown on her face with a small smile. " I'm fine, just a little tired. " 

" Take it easy alright? " He smiled at the girl who beamed back.

 

Kai frowned as he entered the leader's room. He knew that Ara was far from alright and that it had something to do with Kris. Kai had seen Ara following Kris out of the kitchen even though he chose to stay silent about it.

" We need to talk. Please. "

 

-

 

" You feel the same way about Ara as I do. " Kai began as he met the leader's gaze. " And as much as I dislike the idea of having a rival, all I really want is for her to be truly happy. "

Kris remained silent as Kai continued. " But it seems as though you're making her feel the complete opposite. I know that you're saying stuff which you don't mean. "

" You don't understand. " The leader murmured as he stared in Kai's dark eyes.

" And I don't care either way. Just please, stop making Ara shed tears for you when she's supposed to be smiling. " With that, Kai bowed slightly before leaving the room.

Kris sighed as he leaned heavily against the wall. Was he really making a mistake by covering his true feelings?

 

*Flashback*

" You know what I want. And you're the only one who can get that for me. " The man smirked at Kris.

" You know as well as I do that the dangers are endless. We're not the only ones who know about the existence of the Moon crystal. "

" Which is exactly why you're going to get it for me. My life is far more precious than yours. " 

" What makes you think that I will do what you asked? "

" Because if you don't, I'll hurt her. I can see what she means to you. "

**********

 

Ara rested her head against Suho's shoulders as she sighed heavily. The guys were watching an English romance movie and Ara hated watching such stuff. To be honest, the girl preferred watching comedies or even thrillers. She disliked the predictable storylines of romantic sequels.

" Don't you girls love such sappy stuff? " Suho teased as he patted her head. Ara made a face as she got up. " Not me, I need to get away from here before I puke. "

Ara headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water when a movement caught her eye. 

" Aren't you supposed to be watching a movie? " Kris frowned as he caught sight of her.

" It isn't really my kind of stuff. " The girl replied stiffly as she looked down at her feet.

For a moment, no one said anything. Ara sighed softly as she walked past the tall man but he stepped over to block her way.

" Excuse me? " The girl narrowed her eyes at the man before her.

Kris stared down at her face for a long moment as he considered his next words. He wanted to tell Ara that she was special to him. He wanted to let her understand his feelings. But at the same time, he didn't want to burden the girl anymore.

" If you're not going to step asid- "

" I'm sorry. " The man finally murmured. " If I've offended you with my behavior before, I hope you realize that I have no bad intentions. "

Ara locked gazes with his deep brown orbs. The leader was being such a mystery. Hot one moment and cold again the next. She finally exhaled as the sincerity in his eyes overtook her. " Okay " 

Kris nodded once in appreciation as he stepped away from the girl.

Ara gulped the glass of water as she mulled over his words. " Not a er for romance shows huh. " 

The girl let out a small gasp as she jumped a little, almost choking on her drink. " Kai! Can you at least give me a warning when you decide to appear? "

" It's not my fault that you're so unobservant. " The guy chuckled teasingly as he leaned against the kitchen counter facing the girl. " The guys told me to come get you. Apparently, the best part of the movie is going to air soon. "

Ara rolled her eyes. " I don't really care. "

" Nor do I, I'm just doing what they asked. "

" Forget the movie, I have something important that I wanted to clarify. " Ara frowned as she stared at Kai's curious face.

" Go on. "

" I know that I'm in danger but no one has yet to tell me about it. I really want to know the whole reason. " She glanced nervously at Kai, waiting for his response. 

Kai observed the determined expression on her face as he debated. True, Ara had a right to know considering that she was right in the middle of the whole damn mess. However, he didn't want her to worry. 

" If you're worried that I can't handle the truth, don't be. I'm not as weak as everyone thinks I am. " She whispered softly.

" Fine. But this isn't my call to make, come on. " The man pulled her arm as he led her up the stairs away from everyone.

" Where are you bringing me to? "

" We're going to see Kris. "

 

-

 

" Please tell me everything. I have the right to know the truth. " Ara stated pleadingly as she looked up at the two devastatingly handsome men opposite her. Both Kris and Kai met eyes for a moment before Kris nodded. 

" Before our time, a prophecy has been made. Our world, like any other, is divided into two. The good and the evil. It was written that the Heart of the ocean would be divided into two. And that once it is unleashed, the barrier between the good and the evil will be broken and all of our kind will be united as one. A benign rule. "

 

" Obviously, the dark side wouldn't want that. Which is why, the elders chose to separate you and Suho since birth. They decided that it would be beneficial for you to grow up in a completely normal environment under watchful eyes. Your parents, the ones whom you call your family, they are human alliances of our kind. "

At the mention of them, Ara felt hot tears stinging her eyes. She had missed them so much that it ached. Her mother's warm features and her father's intelligent words. Kai silently took Ara's hand in his as he gave it a reassuring squeeze. Ignoring the communication between the pair, Kris continued.

" Up till now, not a single person has been able to guess the reason for the inevitable merging of the two sides. Which is why right now, there will be many people scheming about ways and means to prevent the prophecy from coming true. It became more intense ever since they discovered your location which is why we had to bring you here to us. "

Ara remained silent when the man ended. It finally all became clear to her. Why her parents frequently traveled out of town, why they always insisted that her safety was priority, why they never allowed her to travel overseas with her friends. It was all because of her identity.  

" Are you okay? " Kris stared worriedly at the quiet girl. Kai too, was facing her as he scanned her face.

" Ara? " 

" I was just trying to absorb everything, I'm okay. " She managed a small smile as both men relaxed their tensed positions.

" Sorry for breaking your cozy gathering, but I have something to talk to Yifan about. "

The trio turned to the doorway as Naeyong stood there with a sarcastic frown on her beautiful face.

 

-

 

" What's up Nae? " Kris turned to Naeyong the minute Kai shut the door behind him.

" I found out about what you have been doing for them. And it's all because of Ara, isn't it? "

" I can't possibly leave her there with them. " The man calmly replied as he kept his gaze on hers.

" If it had been me, would you have done the same? "

" Of course I would. If it had been any of the guys, my actions will still be exactly the same. "

" In case you've forgotten, the elders want us to get married. It's just a matter of time so I hope that you can keep your promise of loving only me. " Naeyong whispered as she wrapped her thin arms around his waist. " I love you, Yifan. "

Kris stiffened as the girl hugged him. The unexplainable feeling that he used to get whenever Naeyong was close with him had long disappeared. What she said was completely true. Even if he was the leader, Kris had to obey whatever the elders wanted. They would never care about his personal feelings. 

Ara has unknowingly walked into my heart but there's nothing that I can do about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAPPY KRIS DAY EVERYONE~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY BBY WU who looks like a retard when dancing  <3

#DuizhangKrisDay #KricassoDay