Chapter 6

I Need A Time Machine [Currently Being Re-Written]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18 hours later


 

Looking up from his laptop, Sungmin smiled as he saw Kyuhyun was fast asleep still occasionally tapping on the keyboard. Shutting down the laptop after carefully moving it away, Sungmin cleared the empty wrappers from the bed and pulled the duvet over Kyuhyun. Quietly leaving the room, he made his way into the kitchen and began making breakfast for himself. Once he had finished and cleaned up, he decided that it was now a reasonable time to call Seohyun. After several minutes of trying to work out what he was going to say, he decided to text her instead.


 

“Hey Seohyun, I was just wondering are you free today?”


 

Not expecting a quick reply, he walked over to the sofa and was about to turn on the TV when Seohyun replied.


 

“Sungmin oppa, it’s so nice to hear from you. ^^

Yes I’m free, why?”


 

“I’d like to talk to you about something, can you meet me?”


 

“Of course, I’m just heading out to the café if you want to meet me there.”


 

“Okay, I’ll see you there.”


 

Leaving a message for Kyuhyun just in case he woke up, Sungmin picked up his wallet as he headed out the dorm still trying to work out what he was going to say to Seohyun.


 

Entering the café, he saw that she was sitting in the back corner happily reading with her headphones in. Deciding to order a drink so she could enjoy her book a little longer, Sungmin bought himself a cappuccino before walking over to join her.


 

“Good morning Seohyun-ah.”


 

“Oppa! It’s good to see you again, how have you been?”


 

“I’ve been okay… listen Seo, there’s something I need to ask you. Why did you run out on Kyuhyun the last time you saw him?”


 

“Oh… he told you about that? I didn’t mean to, I was upset… and… I didn’t want to have to explain why. He’s not upset, is he?”


 

“Not about that no, why were you upset?”


 

“I-I can’t tell you that… what do you mean not about that?”


 

“I can’t tell you that.”


 

“…Fine, but you have to promise not to tell Kyuhyun.”


 

“Okay, I promise.”


 

“I was upset because he told me how he felt, and then when he said how long he’d felt that way it was just too much to take in.”


 

“So he told you he loved you and that upset you? I think you missed something out there.”


 

“14 months ago I began to feel that way about him but I didn’t think he felt the same so almost 8 months ago I started seeing someone else… and, well, we’re kind of engaged.”


 

“I know tha… engaged? Like, going to get married engaged?”


 

“Yeah… Wait you know? How could you know that?”


 

“Remember I said Kyu was upset? Well he came here yesterday hoping to see you again and he saw you two kiss.”


 

“He saw that?”


 

“Seo you should have told him what was going on, he was really upset… yo-you made him cry!”


 

“I made him cry? I-I-I had no idea… Is he still in the dorm?”


 

“Yeah he was when I left, why?”


 

“I want to talk to him, and apologise. I owe him more than an apology over the phone.”


 

“Thank you Seo, I really appreciate this. I didn’t want to upset you but I thought you should know what happened.”


 

“I really didn’t want to hurt him, I do have a good reason for not telling him… I just hope he’ll listen.”


 

“He will, come on we’d better head back before he wakes up and wanders off… Hey Seo, who are you engaged to anyway?”


 

“Yongwha.”


 

“Seriously? No wonder he left out the name…”


 

Holding the door open for Seohyun, Sungmin followed her out of the café.


 

“What do you mean?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter