Chapter 34

I Need A Time Machine [Currently Being Re-Written]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Climbing out of bed, Tiffany headed into the kitchen followed by a still sleepy looking Seohyun.


 

“Are you sure you don’t want to go back to bed for 10 minutes, I’ll wake you when it’s ready.”


 

“It’s okay, I feel kinda numb I’m not sure I’d wake up again.”


 

“Are you nervous or are you going to faint again?”


 

“I-I think nervous…”


 

“Sweetie, I think you should sit down.”


 

“Fine, what are you making anyway?”


 

“Pancakes.”


 

“Isn’t that kinda unhealthy?”


 

“I’m going to put summer berries in them. Besides a little sugar might be just what you need right now.”


 

“Sugar helps with feeling numb?”


 

“Oh I really should have made you go to bed at 10.”


 

Sliding a plate over to Seohyun along with honey and a fork Tiffany made herself breakfast and sat across from her.


 

“So have you decided how you want to do your hair?”


 

“Hmm… I was thinking something simple…”


 

“Does that mean natural curls that are going to make you look even more angelic than normal?”


 

“…I-I would have stopped at curls.”


 

“That’s because you’re too nice to boast!”


 

“Well that and I don’t believe it…”


 

“Hmm, maybe Yongwha can talk some sense into you later.”


 

“Yeah, if he couldn’t stop me buying you a pink dress he can’t convince me that’s true.”


 

“He didn’t want me to wear pink?”


 

“No, he wanted to you wear grey… and not silver, plain old grey.”


 

“Why grey?”


 

“I don’t know, but since he picked pink flowers there was no way I was going to make you wear grey.”


 

“Aw thank you.”


 

“Anytime.”


 

Collecting the plates and leaving them to soak in the sink, Seohyun bounded over to Tiffany and pulled her to her feet.


 

“Where are we going?”


 

“It’s half past, we need to get started on your hair.”


 

Several hours and multiple curls later, Seohyun and Tiffany stood in their room putting the final touches to their make-up. Smiling as she watched Seohyun struggle trying to get the mascara brush back into the tube, Tiffany heard a quiet knock on the front door. Leaving the room slightly confused, she opened the door to see Minhyuk standing in tuxedo.


 

“Hello.”


 

“Hi Tiffany.”


 

“Would you like to come in?”


 

Stepping aside to let Minhyuk in, Tiffany closed the door behind them and gestured him to sit on the sofa.


 

“Seohyun is almost ready, she’ll be out in a minute.”


 

“It’s okay, we don’t have to leave for another 10 minutes.”


 

“…Hey, can I ask you something?”


 

“Sure.”


 

“I’ve been told that, um… y-you have plans to, uh, stop you know what. Is that true?”


 

“How did you find out?”


 

“Donghae told me.”


 

“Oh… are you..?”


 

“Yeah.”


 

“Aw, well good luck to you! I-I take it you have no intentions of keeping quiet either?”


 

“Not a chance.”


 

“It’s nice to know there’s so many people looking out for her, I hope she won’t hate us for this.”


 

“I’m sure she won’t, she’d hate us more for letting her marry him without knowing what he’s doing.”


 

“You probably right.”


 

“Oh hey that reminds me, I wanted to thank you for keeping the guys out of… whatever it is you’re planning.”


 

“Why?”


 

“I just think it’s sweet that you don’t want them to get in trouble in-case it works.”


 

“Well, if nothing else I don’t want Yongwha doing something stupid… at least if it’s just me he won’t hurt anyone.”


 

“Aren’t you afraid he’ll hurt you?”


 

“No, the only person I’m afraid he’ll hurt is Seo.”


 

“…I think she’s lucky to have someone like you watching out for her.”


 

Before either of them could say anything else Seohyun walked into the room.


 

“Hi oppa!”


 

“Seohyun… y-you look incredible!”


 

“You really think so?”


 

“Definitely! Though we really should be leaving now...”


 

Nodding slightly, Seohyun slipped on her shoes and grabbed Tiffany’s hand as they left the dorm.  Sitting in silence as Minhyuk drove through the early morning traffic, Seohyun found herself slowly falling asleep against the car door. Waking to Tiffany gently tapping her shoulder, Seohyun couldn’t help looking confused.


 

“Sorry I couldn’t let you sleep any longer sweetie, we’re at the church.”


 

“Already?”


 

“Well yeah, you were asleep for over 50 minutes.”


 

“Wow, I guess I was more tired than I realised.”


 

Carefully climbing out of the car, Seohyun quickly followed Tiffany and Minhyuk inside. Once inside, Seohyun and Tiffany were taken aside to a private room to wait until Yongwha arrived. Inside the room were 2 chairs, a glass of champagne and a full length mirror.


 

“Oooh the champagne is a nice touch.”


 

“Hmm perhaps…”


 

“It looks like Yongwha is here.”


 

“U-um, Tiffany?”


 

“Yeah sweetie?”


 

“Could you get me a glass of water please?”


 

“Of course, hold on I’ll be right back!”


 

With a deep if slightly shaky breath, Seohyun closed her eyes and gently eased the ring off her finger as a single tear glided down her cheek. Standing up and walking over to the champagne flute she whispered as she dropped the ring into the still full glass.


 

“I’m sorry Yongwha… so sorry!”


 

Watching for a moment as the bubbles danced around the band, Seohyun smiled her first honest smile in far too long and headed towards the door. Without thinking she ran out the church, down the stone steps and didn’t s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter