Secrets

Super Junior with Zarah

 

Zarah’s POV

 

I came down quite early. Usually the boys have to wake me up to go on their big day. But this time, I had to wake Kangin up. Today was his day with me.

As usual, Ryeowook was already up having his breakfast, while Kangin’s bowl and mine was on the kitchen table ready to be eaten.

“Hey oppa, how are you? Thank you for the breakfast,” I said to him like I did any other morning.

And he replied like he always did, “Good, your welcome.”

But what he said next was not what he does every morning… “Who are you?”

“What? Oppa, it’s me Zarah!” I responded showing the shock and surprise on my face.

“When we first met you, you wore all these branded clothes that only a rich girl would be able to afford… you’re a coffee waitress. And now your wearing the type of clothes any normal teenage girl would wear… it’s obvious that Zhou mi changed you… but he doesn’t know what I know. Who are you?”

“Ryeowook oppa, I am who I said I am. My name is Zarah. We really are doing a show, none of that is a lie.”

“Then what is?”

“My job.”

He stared at me with a questioning look on his face, then got up and stood inches away from my body.

I don’t know why I suddenly decided to tell him the truth… he somehow found out… but that wasn’t all. I had been slightly lonely since day 1, because of all the lies I had to tell and the secrets I had to keep from the members. I didn’t want to do that anymore… I wanted someone other than my manager by my side, helping me along the way. So I decided to tell him.

“What do you mean? You are a waitress in a coffee shop… no?”

“No, that’s not true. That was a lie…” I answered, looking down trying to avoid his stare… and his upcoming reaction. But I didn’t get one. I looked back up and found him back on his seat gesturing me to sit down across from him.

“Explain.” He said simply, still keeping his gaze fixed on me.

I explained everything to him, from the minute I found out I would be doing this show, all the way to now. While I was talking, I noticed mixed reaction coming out from him. Most of them were surprise and shock but also laughter at the things I had to do to avoid telling the truth. When I finished, I suddenly gasped and tried to calm down with the sudden serious conversation between Ryeowook and me.

I looked at him as he thought to himself for a few minutes, probably deciding what to do. I was just hoping that he wouldn’t go off and tell the other members what I just told him. If he did, well then I hope no one believes him… sorry Ryeowook.

“I’ll help you,” he finally answered, with a smile while standing up.

“R-really? You s-sure?” I have no idea why I was stuttering…

“Yes!” he laughed.

“Thanks oppa!!” I shouted jumping up from my seat, just when Kangin was making his way downstairs.

“What are you guys talking about?” he asked smiling.

“Zarah helped me with some chores because you took long hyung! I made you breakfast by the way…” he said quickly getting Kangin’s bowl and setting it on the table.

“Ah, gomawo Ryeowook-ah. Zarah have you already eaten?”

I looked at my uneaten bowl sitting in front of me, “No, I will eat now, thank you Ryeowook. I will eat well!”

Because of the ‘confession’ I made to Ryeowook, I had completely ignored my breakfast.

 

When me and Kangin finished, we set off right away to begin our day together.

“So where are we going?” I asked curiously.

“I was supposed to film a show today with the orphan children, but this day was already taken by you. So I thought, why not take you here? Excited?”

“Yes,” I smiled.

I liked the idea of going to meet orphan children.

When we arrived, we had loads of fun together with the children. We helped them learn new games to play, cook something for lunch, do some house chores to help the old lady that looked after them and we danced and sang with them! It was so much fun.

I learned many new things… about Kangin as well as the children. Kangin was really a soft man on the inside, showing a hard masculine side whenever strangers are around. Well, I’m no longer a stranger. Thinking that made me feel happier, I’m one of them.

Before me and Kangin left, I promised one of the little girls that I would visit her again one day when she is older, then we can play like we did today and have lots of fun. It made her really happy and after a hug and a kiss, me and Kangin made our way back home.

 

“Do you think the others will have already prepared dinner?” I asked Kangin, as we came nearer to our house.

He stopped suddenly and said, “Probably not. Should we order something?”

“Maybe we should check first… call Ryeowook oppa.”

“Okay…” he said as he got his phone out to call him.

Soon, I heard a high-pitched ‘Yobseo?’ on the other side.

“Ryeowook-ah! It’s your hyung Kangin! Have you made anything for dinner yet? … No? … Zarah and me will go get something for you guys then, okay bye!” he said, while waving.

What was the point? In waving I mean. Ryeowook couldn’t even see us… oh well.

“Let’s go order!” he shouted after hanging up.