School

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cho Hee ran out the door that morning. Combing down her hair with one hand, she held a granola bar in the other. She had overslept because her alarm didn't sound.

"I can't believe I overslept," Cho Hee whined to herself as she ran as fast as she could. She didn't forget to text Eunji to let her know she was late and to just go ahead to class without waiting for her. Her and Eunji had different first period that day so she didn't want her best friend to be late because of her.

Seeing the front gate to her school, she sprinted and made it to the building. Quickly making her way upstairs, she slid into her first class before the bell could ring. She took her seat and sighed in relief.

Pulling out a notebook and her pencil case, she waited for the teacher to arrive.

Last night, her thoughts had kept her up for quite a while but what gave her the most trouble sleeping weren't just her thoughts. She had been constantly dreaming of the night she had first encountered the wolves, the incident with Sehun and the rogues. Her flashbacks constantly bothered her sleep and she couldn't help but see the wolves' baring, sharp teeth that could easily snap a bone and their eerie blood shot eyes. Her gut was giving her a weird feeling and she woke up several times in the middle of the night.

Honestly, after yesterday when she said bye to Baekhyun, she had half hoped that would be the last time she saw any of them but the half was hoping to see him again for some odd reason. Her instincts told her to not get involved with such strange people.

Pushing the thought aside, she decided that she should stop thinking about it since she was afterall back at school and nothing was out of the ordinary here.

After a few minutes, her teacher walked into the classroom and Cho Hee looked up. Her first period was History, not her favorite, but it was better than physical education for sure.

As the class quieted down, her teacher spoke.

"Class, we have several new transfer students joining us here at school today. They are all in your graduate class and one will be joining our History class."

The class looked around and murmurs started to ripple throughout the class room. It wasn't very often that new students changed schools during their senior year which is why it was quite surprising that there was one or even more joining their graduating class.

Cho Hee blinked in surprise as well. No one wanted to change schools during their senior year unless it was special circumstances. Senior year meant applications, tests, finishing classes, and reccommendations from teachers you've gone to school with since freshman year. It made it easier to stay at the same school you've been at for a while.

The teacher finally beckoned for the student peeking in through the window to come in and the door slid open. A tall boy walked in and Cho Hee stared in shock at the figure.

His reddish brown hair was a bit messy but didn't look bad on him and he wore black rimmed glasses. A giant smile was plastered on his face as he stood at the front of the room.

Several girls squealed at the sight of the handsome boy while some boys just nodded and others groaned at the girls fangirling over the new student. But Cho Hee was as frozen as an icecube as she continued to stare at the boy.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Chanyeol imnida. Nice to meet everyone!" his deep voice caught everyone off guard at first but in a split second the girls in the class squealed yet again.

"Chanyeol, you can take a seat next to Cho Hee over there. Cho Hee raise your hand," the teacher instructed.

Cho Hee snapped out of her shock and hesitantly raised her hand.

Chanyeol's smile grew even wider when he saw Cho Hee and he quickly walked over to sit in the seat beside her.

Cho Hee ducked her head and didn't look at him. She couldn't believe he was in her class. If he was here, that meant that all of them were here.

They were werewolves, what were they doing here. This was school. Did werewolves go to school? Did they even need to?

What made her even more weirded out was the fact that if these boys could come to school like every normal person, how did she know if there weren't any mythical beings already in her school without her or anyone knowing?

Oh, now she was paranoid.

Cho Hee kept her eyes on the teacher and didn't even look at Chanyeol as he sat down beside her. But out of the corner of her eye she could see the tall boy looking at her with a huge smile hoping she'd look over.

To his dismay, she didn't. His smile drooped a little and he furrowed his eyebrows.

Does she not remember me? I just met her like two days ago though. He thought to himself and tried to get her attention by leaning forward and peering at her face.

Cho Hee noticed his odd behavior and tried to ignore it but he was trying so hard that she was afraid the teacher would notice. Finally, she glanced at him and his smile grew wide again.

He waved like a goofball and she blinked at him. She gave him a tiny wave before turning back to the teacher.

 

 

 

When lunch finally came, Cho Hee immediately got out of her seat and bolted out the door before Chanyeol could even say a word. She didn't know why she was exactly avoiding him, maybe it was because she knew what they were and it was weird since they were at school where everyone was normal. If she told anyone what she knew, they'd definitely think she was insane which is why she thought it'd be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter