Books

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cho Hee had left the next morning to Baekhyun's dismay but not without several thank you's to the six boys she had stayed overnight with. Honestly, she didn't know how to repay them and all she could honestly think about was Baekhyun and his wolf form.

She hadn't expected to see him in the middle of the night like that. Sehun and Chanyeol were the only two she had seen in their wolf form but none of the others including Baekhyun. At first she was hesitant, the only thing that kept replaying in her head were the wolves that attacked her from before and for a second, she had thought Baekhyun was one of those wolves. But when she saw him, his wolf form looked more refined and composed than that of the tatter-coated rogue wolves she had encountered.

Out of all the people, when she finally came close enough to the wolf, something told her it was him. It was Baekhyun. Not Suho, Kai, or any of the other boys it could have possibly been. His eyes were so distinct that her immediate thought was him. Was she crazy? Possibly. But it was him.

After sitting outside for a little while, Baekhyun had disappeared for a few minutes behind some trees in the woods before coming back in his human form.

 

 

"Are you okay? Why are you awake right now?" He asked her as she stood up from the grass and dusted herself off.

In truth, the minute Cho Hee had woken up, Baekhyun had sensed it. Hence, why he had come back to the house during the midst of their pack run.

"I just woke up and...." she paused for a moment before biting her lip.

Her eyes didn't dare meet his because she felt embarassed to say she was scared being alone in the house after hearing the howling of a wolf.

Baekhyun noticed her hesitation before placing a hand gently on her head.

"Come on, let's go back inside. I'll stay awake until you fall asleep if that'll help."

Her eyes immediately widened and she looked up at the boy who was smiling gently at her.

How did he know? Was it obvious that she was scared of being alone? Or did he have some type of psychic mind reading powers?

Before she could say anything, he grabbed her hand and led her back into the house and into the room she was staying in.

She obediantly crawled back into bed while Baekhyun pulled up a chair to the bedside. Normally, she would feel weird if someone she wasn't close with watched her as she fell asleep but for some reason, she felt safe with Baekhyun around.

It was quiet as Cho Hee laid there while Baekhyun would look out the window and back at her every now and then.

She felt her mind drift but before she could go to sleep completely, she looked up at Baekhyun who had been facing the moonlight.

"Baekhyun-ssi-"

"Oppa. Baekhyun oppa."

She blinked for a moment before realizing what he had said.

"Baekhyun... oppa," she said quietly, still a little unfamiliar with the way it sounded.

"Hmm?"

"What were you doing out there? In the woods?"

Baekhyun turned his head to look at Cho Hee who had been staring at him with half opened eyes that looked like she'd fall asleep soon.

"Running," he told her before stopping and realizing that she had a look of confusion written on her face.

He had forgotten that this girl, his mate, was pure human and knew nothing of the habits of wolves and their nature. He was initially not going to bring up anything that involved his wolf nature until she seemed fully comfortable with him and the pack in general. But it seemed that even though she had not fully opened up to him, he felt that it was wrong to not answer her curiousity when she was directly asking him.

"We... the rest of the guys and I, we run at night," he told her. "We're half wolves and it's in our nature to run so we do so every night. Not only that but we have to patrol our area every night and make sure there isn't any danger around."

He stopped and watched her for a moment to see her reaction.

Cho Hee laid quietly for a moment before finally nodding.

"...do werewolves... get along with humans?"

Baekhyun's eyebrows rose a little at her question and tilted his head.

"Those other wolves... they attacked me and Sehun," she started again. "But you guys... you guys don't and always help me."

Baekhyun softened at her comment.

"Most werewolves get along with humans,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter