Recognition

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cho Hee and Baekhyun made their way downstairs after the constant calling from the youngest in the pack.

"Cho He noona!" Sehun jumped out of his seat when he saw her and Baekhyun enter the living room area where the rest of the boys were were.

The younger boy instantly bounded towards her happily and Cho Hee couldn't help but suddenly picture him as the little wolf pup he was. There was no doubt this boy was the little pup she first met because they acted so similar. She stood there staring at him for a moment in a daze as she pictured the little wolf puppy running up to her.

"Noona?" Sehun stood in front of her and waved a hand in her face.

She instantly snapped out of her daze and shook her head.

Baekhyun looked at her worriedly again. "Is something wrong?"

"Ah, n-no... just... uh..." she stumbled with her words, not knowing how to explain what she was just thinking. "Him... puppy."

She felt her face all of a sudden get extremely hot as she blurted the last two words out.

Everyone in the living room was silent for a moment before Chanyeol burst out laughing hysterically to the point where he almost fell out of his seat.

A few seconds later, the rest of the boys started laughing as well. Even Baekhyun couldn't contain himself with watching his mate stutter incoherent words so innocently. He found it incredibly cute.

Cho Hee on the other hand, wanted to curl up into a ball and die from the embarassment. She finally realized how dumb she must've sounded just then and started fiddling with the sleeves of the sweatshirt she was wearing.

"Puppy? Were you picturing Sehun in his wolf form just now?" Kyungsoo chuckled.

"U-um... yeah..." Cho Hee said shyly without looking up.

"Yeah, he really matches his wolf form. All tiny, frail, and baby-ish," Kai said teasingly.

"Hey!! I'm not frail or baby-ish!" Sehun suddenly shouted back at Kai.

"Yeah, you are! Look at you, you're as skinny as a stick and you act like baby!"

"No, I don't! I'm a man, right noona?!"

Cho Hee froze when Sehun and Kai turned to her.

"Right, noona?! Right, right?!" the younger boy whined and grabbed onto her arm and began hugging it.

"Err..." Cho Hee didn't know what to say. She would be lying if she said he didn't remind her of a baby because honestly, he did. And his wolf form didn't help because she thought his wolf form was so cute. The kid was like a over-grown baby.

At that very moment, Baekhyun's inner wolf growled as he glared at the pack maknae who was clinging onto his mate. Sehun was too close to Cho Hee for his liking and was so close to yanking the boy off when Chanyeol noticed noticed his best friend ready to kill the silly maknae.

"Oh-kay!" Chanyeol boomed real loud, as he quickly pulled Sehun off of Cho Hee with a forced laugh. "How about we all eat since I'm sure most of us are starving? Sound good? Good. Let's go."

With that, Chanyeol dragged the youngest two boys to the dining room while nodding his head towards Kyungsoo to follow his lead.

Baekhyun found himself calming down a little and internally thanked his tabest friend for doing something before his inner wolf lost it.

Suho stood up and looked outside the window for a moment before turning back to Cho Hee.

"It doesn't look like the storm is going to die down for another few hours. It's probably best if you stay here for the night," he told her.

Cho Hee's eyes widened slightly. She's never stayed over at a boy's place, or six boys at that. Not only that but she remembered that these boys were werewolves. They were creatures and she didn't know if she'd like to stay over after knowing what they were. As much as these boys have been kind and considerate towards her over the past week, she stil felt uneasy about what they were and didn't fully trust them.

Sensing her uneasiness, Suho gave her another warm smile.

"You don't have to worry, we won't hurt you if that's what you're wondering. You're completely safe here. Besides, I don't think any of our boys would dare to do anything to harm you."

Suho glanced at Baekhyun, knowing that Cho Hee's guardian was standing a mere few feet from her. Brothers or not, Suho knew Baekhyun wouldn't let anyone harm his mate even if it meant risking his life. That was the bond of a wolf and their mate. Once a wolf finds their other half, they live to protect, love, and care for them. Their mate was their love, their life, their everything.

Baekhyun watched Cho Hee with hopeful eyes. He honestly wanted her to stay not just the night, but forever. He wanted her to be around him as much as possible. If he had a choice, he would have her live with them. But he knew that he couldn't do that, at least not yet. A night would have to do. At least he would be able to stay near her for a night even if they were in separate rooms. It was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter